+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 205 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree998Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I'm with you on this one CSW, That was one helluva power Rumpy was...cursed...with. I'm not sure he knows exactly how everything will play out in the big picture, but part of that power was the ability read people. The "beggar" certainly knew exactly what Rumpy would do. I think Rumpy knew exactly what Emma would do. I also have the feeling that Rumpy will have to die by the end of the series. Maybe that will be his redemption or something, but I think the whole passing on of the power, and how it really isn't all it's cracked up to be, was pretty telling. Prior to the power Rumpy wasn't a bad man, just weak. And he clearly loved his son.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

loved loved loved tonight's episode they did a great job on the candy house..and I read about the mysterious stranger earlier today but OMG talk about HOT ..thought I was gonna have to go turn on the ac even though its about 45 here tonight..hee hee..so is this how the big spell will be broken by Emma restoring one fairy tale after another....I guess some will take longer than others but she has now fixed Cinderella and Hansel and Gretal

the only thing I hate about this show is that it seems like it is over 5 minutes after it starts
    cantstopwatchin and JavaJo like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

As time goes by, I find I'm only really interested in Snow/Charming's story so any episode that doesn't have them as the focus doesn't really hold my interest. Tonight's episode was ok but it seemed a bit rushed and will probably end up like Cinderella's story where she was the focus of one episode and we've heard nothing -not even a glimpse -of her since.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thought it was kind weird after seeing Emma talk to Henry about his father the stranger on a motorcycle rode into town. There was a shot of the traffic light showing green also. Is that a sign that all is a "go" or for Emma to be with this new guy???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    As time goes by, I find I'm only really interested in Snow/Charming's story so any episode that doesn't have them as the focus doesn't really hold my interest. Tonight's episode was ok but it seemed a bit rushed and will probably end up like Cinderella's story where she was the focus of one episode and we've heard nothing -not even a glimpse -of her since.
    That's kind of how I feel too. That's the SL I care the most about. Surely they can't keep up this pace of almost one new fairytale every week. Soon enough, it'll become a garbled mess. I want some follow up on previous episodes and I want them to get back to Snow and Charming. It's been too long since we've seen him!

Mary Margaret didn't seem put off by the idea that Emma could be her daughter, did she?
    Minney likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That's kind of how I feel too. That's the SL I care the most about. Surely they can't keep up this pace of almost one new fairytale every week. Soon enough, it'll become a garbled mess. I want some follow up on previous episodes and I want them to get back to Snow and Charming. It's been too long since we've seen him!

Mary Margaret didn't seem put off by the idea that Emma could be her daughter, did she?
    I had a really hard time paying attention to this episode because I just didn't care about yet another character from another fairytale. Until I read here I totally forgot about the Cinderella story line as well. When shows get too many story lines going on I find myself just not caring about the show as much in general because it becomes muddy and hard to keep track of.
    Poppy Fields likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I found this episode tedious to watch. Hansel and Gretel.... ho hum.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

It's funny to read the comments about the recent shows because it has clarified for me what I've been feeling.
    Last week my husband and I had a marathon OUAT session to get him current because he's heard me (and our daughter) raving about the show. After the first few epi's watching together I'd say at the beginning of a new one, "Oh, I didn't really care for this one." Or, "This show coming up wasn't my favorite." Finally my husband asked if I only liked so few shows, why did I love the series?
    What I really like is the Snow White/PC story line and I keep hoping to see more of it. From the previews for next week, it appears that we'll get a little satisfaction in that area coming up-at least I hope so!

See, now I find the SW/PC storyline incredibly dull, but enjoy how they work in the other fairytale characters, and the names they're given.
    (probably because I'm a linguist with a background in German & French lit.)
    Florimel likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I'm not alone! Yeah!

Totally agree with what everybody else has said. My interest has waned since the last epi that focused on PC/SW. Last night's epi was just...ho hum. (Thanks, Poppy!) I was more interested in the visual effects of the Blind Witche's cottage than I was in the story. Like you said, Chaos, another story with another set of characters that probably won't get mentioned again. It's distracting and confusing.

Just a little nitpick. Hansel kind of irritated me in this episode. At the beginning it looks like Gretel was doing the work (it showed her putting sticks in the cart while he played with that leather thing behind her). Then the EQ clearly tells them not to eat anything, and his sister even slaps his hand away from some icing. So what does he do? Eat the flippin' cupcake and nearly get them killed! Not to mention almost ruining their escape. And then, when the EQ floats the idea of them staying with her, his eyes light up and he says something like "Really?" before Gretel butts in and says no. Honestly, if I were Gretel, I would have just told the EQ "You can keep him," and walked out.
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread