+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 214 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

He would have had to have left Storybrooke to father Henry, but it does make you wonder how Rumpy knew where to look for him. And, really...how did Rumpy leave Storybrooke in order to find the baby, Henry? I thought bad things happened to anyone who tried to leave the boundaries.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Lovely episode. Robert Carlyle did a fantastic job playing the different variations of his character. I'll assume that the son ran away when his dad turned evil, and that's what made Rumpy even more nasty. It feels kind of weird feeling sympathetic for him. It reminds me of Star Wars. After all that time of hating the villain, and then boom! suddenly you're supposed to feel sorry for him.

I loved that scene where Rumpy was preparing to attack the castle. Even before his son asks, "Did you really run away?" you can see on his face that he's pulling away from his father. Great acting by the kid, and so sad.

The only small quibble I had was the ending. Once Emma walked out of his shop, how did Rumpy know she would denounce him? That just felt too complicated, adding in that extra layer.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He would have had to have left Storybrooke to father Henry, but it does make you wonder how Rumpy knew where to look for him. And, really...how did Rumpy leave Storybrooke in order to find the baby, Henry? I thought bad things happened to anyone who tried to leave the boundaries.
    It is that only bad things happen to recognizable fairy tale figures versus someone who is only a relative?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    well considering that Rumpy created the spell we have no clue as to what protections he put in for himself when he found a desperate enough soul that had the power to cast it....even though Regina knows I really feel Rumpy knows too and I think he could leave without harm ...like I said I don't know what other protections he put in the spell for himself

it would explain why he wanted Henry ..his grandson
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Henry is Rumpy's grandson?
    You can do it!

CCL

^ No, that's just people positing...noone knows who Henry's father is at this point.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Henry is Rumpy's grandson?
    thats just a guess on my part.....but it would fit in the story in an interesting way
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    The only small quibble I had was the ending. Once Emma walked out of his shop, how did Rumpy know she would denounce him? That just felt too complicated, adding in that extra layer.
    He didn't have to know. He only had to SAY he knew. Either way he got the upper hand. If Emma hadn't revealed Mr. Gold started the fire, he would've been able to use that against her; but since she did admit it, his next move was to outplay her by SAYING he knew she'd do that so that he could remind her of the favor she owes. Either way he was taking credit for getting her voted into the sheriff's position. He is very very clever and that is his manipulation. It seems that he had a plan either way, which is what makes him so clever and so dangerous! I love this show !!

Quote Originally Posted by NiceShoes View Post
    He didn't have to know. He only had to SAY he knew. Either way he got the upper hand. If Emma hadn't revealed Mr. Gold started the fire, he would've been able to use that against her; but since she did admit it, his next move was to outplay her by SAYING he knew she'd do that so that he could remind her of the favor she owes. Either way he was taking credit for getting her voted into the sheriff's position. He is very very clever and that is his manipulation. It seems that he had a plan either way, which is what makes him so clever and so dangerous! I love this show !!
    AHA! That makes more sense as I don't think Rumpy is all seeing and all knowing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    AHA! That makes more sense as I don't think Rumpy is all seeing and all knowing.
    Not to throw a wrench in this theory but perhaps this goes to show that Rumpy still has the same powers he had in Fantasyland. After all, he knew the future and what it held while there. My theory is he *does* know the future and, knowing Emma's name, thus knows something about her. From what I've seen, everything Rumpy does in Storybrooke is premeditated; everything is deliberate and seems to be mapped out. I don't believe for a second that he didn't show up at the Inn while Emma was asking for a room without knowing that something was about to happen.

ETA - I loved this episode. I love how they can humanize every character and make us feel sympathetic towards each one, even if it's only for a nanosecond. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season has in store for us!
    Katydyd and JavaJo like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread