+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 214 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

There are clues in the German-language derivatives, names, and literary references.
    (moreso in Grimm, the better series since it doesn't do the Disney pandering, but I'm glad to see it in this series. Maybe there's some hope for this show after all. More original literary fairy tales, less dumbed-down Disney. Yeah, too much to hope for...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I wish my cable company would get the latest episode on video on demand so I can watch it again i love watching them over and over its like LOST the more you watch it the more things you catch
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

And the deadpan delivery was perfect!
    The British are masters of that. In the three years I lived in Britain with hubby, I never got used to their deadpan sense of humor. Sometimes he can still fool me, and we've been married for several years now.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

Speaking of which, it looks like fairytale fever is spreading. Over the weekend hubby and I went to the movies, and we saw a trailer for a movie about Snow White. It looks roughly like this show, only EQ banishes Snow because she wants to marry PC herself (it seems that even a magic kingdom can have a failing economy ). Just like this show, however, Snow becomes a bandit and they show her confronting PC when he sallies into the woods on behalf of EQ. I forget who's playing Snow, but Julia Roberts is playing the EQ.
    There are actually two new Snow White movies coming out. One stars Kristen Stewart as Snow White. I forget who plays Snow opposite Julia Roberts.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    There are actually two new Snow White movies coming out. One stars Kristen Stewart as Snow White. I forget who plays Snow opposite Julia Roberts.
    Lily Collins is Snow in the JR version, which looks more comedic. The Kristin Stewart one with Charlize Theron as the EQ is much darker (and, frankly, looks better).
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What's the significance of the phrase, "I hope you find what you are looking for?" The mayor said it to David, and Mr. Gold said it to Graham. In both cases, I don't believe they actually want them to find what they were looking for, so what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I wish my cable company would get the latest episode on video on demand so I can watch it again i love watching them over and over its like LOST the more you watch it the more things you catch
    Watch them on hulu for free

What an intriguing episode but oh not happy Sheriff Graham is gone....

Is EQ going to kill everyone who starts to remember?

I am already going through withdrawals, can't wait until the next episode.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

FORT Fogey

After last week's episode, I started to rewatch the series. The "Snow Falls" episode really ties nicely to the last two episodes. When Snow talks about why she is hiding out. And when Prince Charming went to say goodbye to his mother, she gave him the ring and said, "True love follows this ring wherever it goes." Snow tried it on in the Snow Falls epi.

Just saying! love the show! and I personally get a kick out of the names: Cinderella is "Ash"ley and Regina is the Queen. (regina means queen in Italian.) And Ruby is Red.

Owww, the Huntsman is dead. But is he really?

This show will be marathoned over the holidays so check your schedules, I think it will be either New Year's Day or New Year's Eve.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread