+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 214 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Was the EQ actually traveling between worlds or was the crypt with the hearts transported here? I thought the other world was destroyed. Just wondering if I missed something.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I definitely believe that Rumpy was up to no good.

I didn't think about the EQ traveling between worlds. I thought that she had transported the crypt to the real world, too, since they didn't show any other part of the castle when she went down there.

And yes, in the past epi where she consoled David's "wife" in the kitchen, I thought she made a reference to losing her true love, also. Given the context of the scene, I thought she meant that she had also lost a husband/lover. That's why, when she talked about a big secret that she told Snow, I assumed it had something to do with a lover. Maybe she loved someone her father disapproved of.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Grasping at "straws" with your guesses about EQ being the Miller's daughter CSW? Nice!! I thought the same as you at first about Rumpy...that he had killed the wolf. But I really like your idea about him trying to find a way into fairytale land I think the fact we know the queen can travel easily between the two must mean something. Maybe Emma and/or Henry will be the first to find their way in. I don't think just finding it will be enough to break the curse though - even if other fairytale characters travel there. Either way, Rumpy was definitely up to no good!

As for the EQ being the miller's daughter...maybe. It definitely makes sense with the name, since we know names having meaning on this show (FYI - "Henry" means "ruler of the home," and is a favorite royal name. Had to check ). I like the idea about EQ giving up or losing a baby as part of the secret...it would help explain what drove her to adopt Henry in the real world. She can't have realized who he was, otherwise she never would have done it...I think. Does anyone remember exactly how she described who she lost? I thought she said "one true love" last night, which sounds more like a lover than a child. But I think in previous shows she's said Snow caused her to lose the "only one she's ever loved"...which would fit for a child.

I had to re-read the story of Rumpy...and the miller's daughter actually marries a king, which would work here. Maybe the secret Snow told was the actual deal EQ made with Rumpy when she was locked in the tower room and had to spin straw into gold? Maybe the king was so angry that even though she guessed his name and could have kept the baby, he gave the child back to Rumpy. Of course, that would pretty much make the king a jerk and apparently Snow's dad was one of the good guys, so maybe not I hope we find some answers soon.....but not too soon
    ITA - Rumple's up to no good! I wonder if that preview is from a show about Rumple? Because in it, he didn't have all the glittery makeup - maybe we'll see where he goes rogue?

Re: the second bolded - this is the only point where I've disagreed with you in all these posts - I need to figure this out NOW (and would love a daily show like JavaJo mentioned) - the sleuther in me has been bored with my lack of interest in the recent bachelors/ettes but I guess the need to know answers like yesterday hasn't abated. My enquiring mind needs to know!

And the worst part is that the next new episode isn't for another month (horror of horrors)!!!

kerowyn66, because of the opening we saw in the mine, I'm guessing there might be more than one 'portal' to get into the fairytale land. Just my guess but I bet EQ's got a few ways to get into FTL.

I'm still thinking we might see her actually practice some magic at some point too and that means she'd have to be there - which, I guess, brings up an interesting question - if she worked a spell in FTL, could it be put into place in Storybrooke? Brother, more questions just keep on coming. I thought my speculation was done for the night.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

"Did I forget to shave"? I cracked up when Rumpy said that. He was terrific in that whole scene.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Once a show has aired on both coasts it's fair game to talk about what happened
    Once it's aired on the East coast it's fair game. Posters who don't want to know what happens before the show airs where they are or before they're able to watch it on DVR/online, etc. should keep out of the thread
    Ellen, Florimel and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I'm still thinking we might see her actually practice some magic at some point too
    Because squeezing Graham's out-of-body heart and making him die wasn't magical enough for you?
    Count your blessings!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Whoa! Wonderful storytelling last episode. The back-story with Graham was absorbing and then when he stood up to her, magnificent revenge....well, not for him. Remember the wolf who caused Emma's car to skid off the road in the first episode? I don't think we've seen the end of him yet.

I. too, wonder what Rumpy was doing "gardening" in the forest. Was he planting, or burying?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    "Did I forget to shave"? I cracked up when Rumpy said that. He was terrific in that whole scene.
    Agreed. Once I again I loved him. What would he be doing gardening in the woods? My first thought was that he was digging a hole to bury something in the woods and hide it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Because squeezing Graham's out-of-body heart and making him die wasn't magical enough for you?
    I really didn't think about that, did I? I guess I considered that an "old" spell versus one she casts now...but I guess crushing the heart would fall into the magic category.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    And the deadpan delivery was perfect!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Agreed. Once I again I loved him. What would he be doing gardening in the woods? My first thought was that he was digging a hole to bury something in the woods and hide it.
    to me there looked to be something ON the shovel.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread