+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 214 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I imagine we will see him in flashback episodes to Storybook and.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I don't mind them showing the cleaner versions, either. I was just a little irritated at E for implying that the story was not born until Walt Disney came along and created it. I'm also just a tad irritated at Disney stuffing the show with their characters. As we saw with the Alice discussion, their are many more stories for kids than just the Disney princesses. I'm sorry, but since I don't have kids, I got over Mr. Mouse a long time ago.

Last night's epi was very good. Nice surprise seeing Graham killed, although, I, too, hated it. Somebody here kept saying that it was Red's character who wasn't listed in future epis; does this mean that Graham is? If so, then, unless Emma finds a way to magically bring him back to life (and didn't Rumpy say that was not possible?), I guess we'll see him in flashbacks. Speaking of not possible, though, that stinks. What are they going to do about the love interest for Emma now? Introduce somebody else? I can't wait until they get back on to the Snow White storyline again and show how PC dumped his fiance for Snow.

Speaking of which, it looks like fairytale fever is spreading. Over the weekend hubby and I went to the movies, and we saw a trailer for a movie about Snow White. It looks roughly like this show, only EQ banishes Snow because she wants to marry PC herself (it seems that even a magic kingdom can have a failing economy ). Just like this show, however, Snow becomes a bandit and they show her confronting PC when he sallies into the woods on behalf of EQ. I forget who's playing Snow, but Julia Roberts is playing the EQ.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

You really need to learn the value of the spoiler tag.
    alizarules likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm disappointed to see Graham bite the dust. But I really enjoyed the catfight!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post

Are we talking about the movie trailer I described? How would that be spoiling anything? It's appearing in theaters as we speak, so thousands of people are seeing it. And it's not like you get to see very much detail in a trailer, so it's not like I gave away the climax. I am totally confused here.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Once a show has aired on both coasts it's fair game to talk about what happened
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Now that I've had some time to digest it all, I've got some thoughts to discuss -

Anyone else think that Rumple was up to no good, wading through the woods with gloves, wading boots, and a shovel? At first, I was worried he'd found and killed the wolf but now I wonder if he's trying to find his own way into Fairytale land?

So Emma and Henry will have to trade notes about all of this, right? Will Mary Margaret think about what Graham said to her also?

AND WTH is the secret the EQ told Snow that Snow told and ruined her life?? My guess is that EQ somehow had a child that she'd hidden away or something and when Snow told the King, he gave the child to Rumple. That's the only thing I can come up with that would necessitate both the King AND Snow being murdered...and that would also tie in with her being the Miller's daughter and her child going to Rumple. But maybe I'm grasping at straws here?

Sidenote - the wolf gave me goosebumps last night. When Graham remembered and ran into the woods and the wolf came back to him when he whistled and then when the wolf appeared behind Graham and Emma when she was telling him he had a heart. Loved those!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

The only thing I dislike about this show is the fact that it's only on once a week. They could turn it into a daily soap opera and I'd watch happily..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Grasping at "straws" with your guesses about EQ being the Miller's daughter CSW? Nice!! I thought the same as you at first about Rumpy...that he had killed the wolf. But I really like your idea about him trying to find a way into fairytale land I think the fact we know the queen can travel easily between the two must mean something. Maybe Emma and/or Henry will be the first to find their way in. I don't think just finding it will be enough to break the curse though - even if other fairytale characters travel there. Either way, Rumpy was definitely up to no good!

As for the EQ being the miller's daughter...maybe. It definitely makes sense with the name, since we know names having meaning on this show (FYI - "Henry" means "ruler of the home," and is a favorite royal name. Had to check ). I like the idea about EQ giving up or losing a baby as part of the secret...it would help explain what drove her to adopt Henry in the real world. She can't have realized who he was, otherwise she never would have done it...I think. Does anyone remember exactly how she described who she lost? I thought she said "one true love" last night, which sounds more like a lover than a child. But I think in previous shows she's said Snow caused her to lose the "only one she's ever loved"...which would fit for a child.

I had to re-read the story of Rumpy...and the miller's daughter actually marries a king, which would work here. Maybe the secret Snow told was the actual deal EQ made with Rumpy when she was locked in the tower room and had to spin straw into gold? Maybe the king was so angry that even though she guessed his name and could have kept the baby, he gave the child back to Rumpy. Of course, that would pretty much make the king a jerk and apparently Snow's dad was one of the good guys, so maybe not I hope we find some answers soon.....but not too soon
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Every time someone said "Graham" last night, it sounded like "Grimm". I was wondering if that was intentional. So sad about Graham. The whole "raised by wolves" thing seemed out of left field.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread