+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 214 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Alice in Wonderland isn't technically a fairytale, but I don't know how strictly they're sticking to that.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

As per E! online..

My, what a guy, that Gaston!

Emilie de Ravin, ( cast as Belle) the time has come to meet your Gaston!

When it was announced that the Lost actress would be taking on the role of Beauty and the Beast's Belle on ABC's Once Upon a Time, fans immediately wanted to know two things: Would she dye her hair brown (she's donning a wig!), and who is playing Gaston? Lucky for you, we've got the answer!

We once suggested Smallville's Tom Welling for the role (and later changed our minds and dream casted him as The Little Mermaid's Prince Eric), so did OUAT heed our advice again? We can exclusively tell you...

We've confirmed that Psych's very own Sage Brocklebank (aka the hilarious Buzz McNab!) has landed the meaty role of Beauty and the Beast's Gaston on the ABC hit show.

Brocklebank will appear in episode 12, titled "Skin Deep," which puts a new twist on the classic tale (as old as time!). While other characters from the original will appear (including Belle's father and the Beast), the episode will also give fans something they've been salivating over: information about the mysterious and elusive Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle).

So, given that the title is "Skin Deep" and the word "skin" is actually in Rumplesliltskin's name...take from that what you will.

The episode is set to air on Feb. 12. Once Upon a Time airs on Sundays at 8 p.m.

Read more: Casting Scoop: Once Upon a Time Finds Its Gaston! - E! Online
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Looking forward to and not looking forward to the episode tonight....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Brocklebank will appear in episode 12, titled "Skin Deep," which puts a new twist on the classic tale (as old as time!). While other characters from the original will appear (including Belle's father and the Beast),
    Er, I hate to tell you this, E! Online, but the original of this story, as well as Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty, existed long before Disney. In fact, they were around for about two hundred years before Disney. Like the others mentioned above, the original version of B & B is vastly different from Disney's, so there's nothing "original" about Gaston. Sorry for being Scrooge here, folks, but since Disney owns ABC, I have a feeling they are going to turn this show into one long product placement for their movies. Next up, the dry cleaner is really Mulan and the town lawyer is Pocahontas. (And since I'm on the subject, the original "Pinochio" had poor Jiminy getting squashed early on, so having an entire episode focused around him is another example of tying to the movie.)
    Last edited by Babbred; 12-11-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Ellen likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Well, I guess one thing was answered without a doubt.. Regina knows she's the Evil Queen. I guess the other thing that was answered was the spoiler that had popped up in October. I won't say too much more until the show is over for my American friends.

urghhhhhhhhhhhhh..that sucks...I knew it would be him but I never imagined how it would happen...good story writing I will say....but I wanna kick the EQ in the you know what and take her down down down
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Oh wait - we're supposed to write something - so I guess I'll say that I was hoping he would've said "Henry was right" so Emma'd know what he was talking about when he said "I remember." I'm really sad about this one.

Oh yeah - and with Regina's last name being "Mills" - I'm guessing that means she's the Miller's daughter? I'll be interested to see that one play out with Rumple!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Er, I hate to tell you this, E! Online, but the original of this story, as well as Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty, existed long before Disney. In fact, they were around for about two hundred years before Disney. Like the others mentioned above, the original version of B & B is vastly different from Disney's, so there's nothing "original" about Gaston. Sorry for being Scrooge here, folks, but since Disney owns ABC, I have a feeling they are going to turn this show into one long product placement for their movies. Next up, the dry cleaner is really Mulan and the town lawyer is Pocahontas. (And since I'm on the subject, the original "Pinochio" had poor Jiminy getting squashed early on, so having an entire episode focused around him is another example of tying to the movie.)
    If they want to Disney it up, I'm all for it. If they were going to take the originals as they were written, then I wouldn't be able to watch it with my kids and we're all really enjoying this show together, so I'm perfectly happy with this G-rated, watered-down version. These are fairy tales at their best, IMO, where you don't need lots of skin and just the true love for all to be happy. And I'd love to see Pocahantas and Mulan too b/c they're strong female characters like Snow and Emma are. They'd make great allies for her in her quest to bring Regina down.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

Oh wait - we're supposed to write something - so I guess I'll say that I was hoping he would've said "Henry was right" so Emma'd know what he was talking about when he said "I remember." I'm really sad about this one.

Oh yeah - and with Regina's last name being "Mills" - I'm guessing that means she's the Miller's daughter? I'll be interested to see that one play out with Rumple!

If they want to Disney it up, I'm all for it. If they were going to take the originals as they were written, then I wouldn't be able to watch it with my kids and we're all really enjoying this show together, so I'm perfectly happy with this G-rated, watered-down version. These are fairy tales at their best, IMO, where you don't need lots of skin and just the true love for all to be happy. And I'd love to see Pocahantas and Mulan too b/c they're strong female characters like Snow and Emma are. They'd make great allies for her in her quest to bring Regina down.
    I totally agree my children aren't young anymore but if they were this would be a perfect "family" show to watch with the children....there are so many things on the tv now that you can't call family shows and I for one am glad to see one
    Florimel likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I was so hoping for that too (bolded)! I loved this episode....even though, well ....But it was very interesting to discover there was more than one portal to fairytale land, and clearly the EQ can travel easily from one place to the other. I wonder if Emma or any of the others will find their way in before the curse is broken?

I don't mind either that we are working with Disney versions of the classic tales. I think those are probably the ones most people are familiar with (which is kinda too bad). But, on the other hand, they are clearly taking liberties and twisting things up anyway. I'm happy to go along for the ride for this new spin on some old favorites. It's like the evolution of "Wizard of Oz." People are most familiar with the movie version....which differs greatly from the original books by Baum. Then along comes "Wicked" and if you've ever read it...or seen the show...well, you can't look at Oz the same way again. Which is kinda the way I feel about Snow White and Pinocchio now
    psucashcow likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Boy, if I was watching with little kids tonight I'd have been upset about that crushing the heart to dust scene...you guys have tough kids! I hope there's some way he comes back, but it doesn't look likely. And, yes, really too bad he didn't say, Henry was right.
    So EQ knows the truth, I wonder if Rumpy does as well. Maybe on some level he'll be fighting her.

+ Reply to Thread