+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 214 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Funny thought....when Emma was eating the bear claw, my daughter said " wouldn't it be funny if Emma was Goldilocks?"
    alizarules likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Loved the episode. I'm positive Rumpy knows everything. He seems to be more powerful than the EQ in some ways. This may sound weird, but does anybody else find him oddly compelling? I mean, when he's onscreen, I just find him the most fascinating person in the room and can't take my eyes off of him. Honestly, I haven't had this kind of reaction to a villain since Darth Vader.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Next week will be interesting, for sure. It looks like Graham could get his memory back by kissing Emma - now we just have to get her to kiss everyone in town to regain their memories.
    She should man the kissing booth at the town fair. A few smooches and the curse will break!

Rumpy is interesting. In the fairytale world he is comically villainous, right down to his voice. But in the Storybrooke world he is more quietly sinister, like you never know for certain what his intentions are.

Regarding David and Mary Margaret
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read a spoiler regarding one scene from episode 12 or 13. David had left his wife (again, I guess) and things were progressing with Mary Margaret. So that's a good sign!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I like actor in general who plays Rumpy. He always adds something interesting to his characters. I'm not totally endeared to this Rumpy character but I like him when's the Mr. Gold option more. It borders on a smidge obnoxious in the fairytale version for me. Though some moments I tolerate him.

I like his character generally speaking much more than the evil queen. The acting to me is fine with her but I just don't like the character in general. Not that I'm supposed to like the bad guy but I find the character jarring (which is her purpose I suppose).

The thing that is annoying me about Rumpy in fairy tale land is that he shows up in EVERY story. It is starting to make it feel one-note, and before this episode I only felt that way about Storybrook.

On the other hand, I was glad that this time Storybrook was NOT Henry following Emma around and getting into shenanigans of some sort!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I like actor in general who plays Rumpy. He always adds something interesting to his characters. I'm not totally endeared to this Rumpy character but I like him when's the Mr. Gold option more. It borders on a smidge obnoxious in the fairytale version for me. Though some moments I tolerate him.
    He's starting to wear a tad thin in the FT stories. I mean, geesh, is every FT character somehow connected to him? It just kind of dilutes his evilness to see him all the time.

I like his character generally speaking much more than the evil queen. The acting to me is fine with her but I just don't like the character in general. Not that I'm supposed to like the bad guy but I find the character jarring (which is her purpose I suppose).
    I like him because he keeps you guessing. You know the EQ is,well, the EQ. She's pure evil. But what about Rumpy? Yeah, he's nasty, but he's also given people their dearest wishes. Like the characters say, What's he really getting at? You know the EQ knows everything, but how much does he know and what is he hiding? He keeps you guessing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    The thing that is annoying me about Rumpy in fairy tale land is that he shows up in EVERY story. It is starting to make it feel one-note, and before this episode I only felt that way about Storybrook.

On the other hand, I was glad that this time Storybrook was NOT Henry following Emma around and getting into shenanigans of some sort!
    Isn't that the truth. I was flipping back and forth at one point but the lack of Henry chasing Emma all around was a nice change.

I think the fact that Rumpy shows up in every single story in fairy tale land and then is kind of the same thing over and over and over again is what is kind of burning me out on him. A dose of him here and there is a great but all the time is a little much for that character I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

to both statements! It was so refreshing to have Henry out of the picture and see the story concentrate on the adults. I hope the writers continue this going forward.

I find Rumpy's fairy tale voice oddly fascinating. I know part of it is Robert's accent, but he kind of puts a lilt on the end of his sentences that are hypnotizing.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Loved the episode. I'm positive Rumpy knows everything. He seems to be more powerful than the EQ in some ways. This may sound weird, but does anybody else find him oddly compelling? I mean, when he's onscreen, I just find him the most fascinating person in the room and can't take my eyes off of him. Honestly, I haven't had this kind of reaction to a villain since Darth Vader.
    I completely agree I do think he is more powerful...everyone knows to go to him for the most powerful magic (which of course comes with a powerful price). I also think he's more evil than the queen. Not that she isn't truly rotten....but Lana Parilla plays her so that every once in a blue moon you see a subtle sliver of humanity, and you think at least she realizes she is evil, and for a few seconds anyway, wishes she weren't. Her motivation I think is very different from Rumpy who just flat out enjoys playing puppet master and ruining lives. Robert Carlyle is fabulous in the role...deliciously evil I hope we get more background on him soon - he seems to have his twisted little fingers in everyone's story!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread