+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 214 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Since we're comparing the two shows, here's something about Lost that may or may not have a bearing on OUAT.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Freedom means that the producers are mainly focused on the current season, rather than looking too far ahead to what their endgame may be — though they recognize that Lost fans relied on knowing there was an end in sight, however far off that may be.
    You can say that again.

You know the sequence of numbers that kept recurring in the show? The numbers that seemed to have so many mysterious influences (from making one man win the lottery to causing a plane to crash) that an explanation seemed almost impossible?

Season 1 writer David Fury...says he has no idea what "the numbers" meant, and he's the one who came up with them....

Hey, what about the early episode where characters hear mysterious whispering in the jungle? Let's again hear what Fury said in an interview:

"I can't tell you what they are now, but I can tell you what they WERE. They were supposed to be the Others, lurking in the jungle. At that time, we hadn't yet settled on what the Others would be."

Well, what about that episode that implied Walt could summon animals, and even made a polar bear appear on the island after reading about one in a comic book? Fury says:
    "That was the intent. But then ... things have changed since my time."

OK. Well, how about that Smoke Monster then?

"There was no mythology to speak of in place during the early episodes of the series. We were building it as we went along, discussing possibilities. ... Some thought of it as a monster of the id, much like in Forbidden Planet -- that maybe it appeared differently to everyone who saw it. The most tangible thought, as explained later by Rousseau, was that it functioned as a security system set up by the island's creators/early residents ... whatever we later decided the answer was."

Whatever, indeed.
    6 Classic Series You Didn't Know Were Made Up on the Fly | Cracked.com
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

can't wait for tonights episode the back story about prince charming and how him and snow had to fight for their love..should be a good one
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

I didn't really care for the prince and pauper storyline. And then, in Storybrooke, David suddenly remembers his life with Mrs Nolan. I'm thinking the spinning windmill in Rumpelstiltskin's shop hypnotized him. Ugh. Do not want.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I don't know what happened but I should have known it wouldn't be as easy as I was thinking it might be...stupid me..I have watched enough tv to know better..but I was at least hoping he would kiss her (snow) I want to know what the deal is with Dr. Whale and who he really is..it was too funny seeing Emma busting the sheriff crawling out of Regina's house...lol I don't blame her I wouldn't want that picture in my head either

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I think, if I saw right, that the previews for next week show us who Sheriff is.
    pfeifferdcat likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I think, if I saw right, that the previews for next week show us who Sheriff is.
    that was the opinion I got and it appears that those of you who said he was the EQ's huntsman were correct..or at least that is the way they made the previews look

Yep, looks like he is the huntsman. Also looks like we might be in for a death next week? Would fit with the spoiler a few pages back, but not sure how I feel about it! I also agree that I think David/PC was put under some type of spell with the windmill. I'm not thrilled, but since that is the central story and I think the one that will probably break the spell, I guess we can't have it happen this quickly into it, right? I am hoping the EQ's backstory happens soon. I am very interested in who she lost and why she blames SW. I am also really looking forward to learning who Henry's father is and how he plays into all of this. Also makes me wonder what Rumple does and does not know. Way too coincidental that he is the child Rumple brought. Also seemed last night like Rumple/Mr. Gold knew what he was doing with David.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I feel that rumple knows for a few reasons:
    1. Wasn’t he being kept in a cave that was to shield all magic?
    2. It was his spell. He may have placed some safeguards in it to prevent his being affected.
    Not to mention that his interactions with Regina are quite different than the rest of the town..and her reactions to him. We already know that Regina knows so Rumple knowing isn’t far off.
    alizarules likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I really like this show, but I think I'm going to have to spend the holidays rewatching all the episodes to date, just to pick up on all the plot points and relationships. You kind of have to pay close attention to this show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I definitely think Mr Gold knows - his reaction to Emma's name in the premiere and then this episode, his using "charming" to describe Emma's crib mobile when 'David' was looking at it. I'm betting that Regina sent 'David' to the pawn shop b/c she knew there'd be a failsafe for the curse, something that would pull David back into it, and how could Mr Gold have it w/o knowing it was there.

Next week will be interesting, for sure. It looks like Graham could get his memory back by kissing Emma - now we just have to get her to kiss everyone in town to regain their memories.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread