+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 214 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I'm clearly not quite as in love with this show as everyone else here. I was really skeptical during the first episode, but when the clock started at the end I was intrigued enough to keep watching. Over the last few weeks I have grown to find it quite enjoyable. However, after this last episode I'm starting to become a bit skeptical again. I like the back stories of the characters in the fairy tale land, but stuff in Storybrook feels like the same thing in every episode. Henry runs off trying to follow his birth mom or do something else to prove his theory and the EQ gets mad and throws a tantrum and yells at someone. They keep telling us that things are changing, but the changes are moving about as quickly as molasses. Since it doesn't appear that they can actually find out his story is real without approaching the end of the series, are we going to have to rinse and repeat this formula every week for as long as this show is on?? I will keep watching for now, but I hope the story takes a turn that is more interesting an unexpected.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-28-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I'm clearly not quite as in love with this show as everyone else here. I was really skeptical during the first episode, but when the clock started at the end I was intrigued enough to keep watching. Over the last few weeks I have grown to find it quite enjoyable. However, after this last episode I'm starting to become a bit skeptical again. I like the back stories of the characters in the fairy tale land, but stuff in Storybrook feels like the same thing in every episode. Henry runs off trying to follow his birth mom or do something else to prove his theory and the EQ gets mad and throws a tantrum and yells at someone. They keep telling us that things are changing, but the changes are moving about as quickly as molasses. Since it doesn't appear that they can actually find out his story is real without approaching the end of the series, are we going to have to rinse and repeat this formula every week for as long as this show is on?? I will keep watching for now, but I hope the story takes a turn that is more interesting an unexpected.
    I missed last weeks episode. I can't ever keep up with shows and their on/off schedules during the holidays.

I have to agree with your thoughts though. I like some of the back stories but I'm not sure I want to watch week after week of back stories and Henry running around the queen through a tizzy.

There was no episode last week. Last night's was the newest.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Also,
    As previously reported, Emilie de Ravin will bring Beauty and the Beast’s beloved Belle to life in a February episode of ABC’s Once Upon a Time, and TV Guide Magazine has your first look at the Lost alumna all prettified.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I definitely understand your concern. I wonder if it is a bit slower right now at the beginning so they can give us all the backstories. And we do see things moving a bit - like Prince Charming waking up, and feeling a connection with Mary Margaret, with Cinderella finally having her baby, and with the mine collapsing (since we know the fantasy world is at the bottom of the mine). But I do understand - and that is what drove me nuts ultimately about Lost - I thought we got 10 more questions every episode that we got an answer!!

As much as I love this show, I kind of agree with you. I even brought this up myself in the last episode. That's the one with Cinderella having her baby, and the Mayor was conveniently gone all day so that Henry had the time to tag along after Emma, even though she clearly told him that she didn't want him to. How many ways can the writers dream up so that Henry is available to chase after Emma? So he runs off and disobeys his mother, and then inevitably the Queen finds out, gets mad at Emma and tells her "Stay away from my son!" Like you said, lather...rinse...repeat every episode. I like watching the fairy tale stories a lot more.

Loved tonight's epi with all the backstory about Jiminy. Once again this show nearly moved me to tears. The scenes with Jiminy and Henry in the mine were also very touching. And I was crying "You go, boy!" when he stood up to the Mayor. Next to the pilot, this has probably been my favorite epi so far.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

HUGE potential spoiler.. fair warning!! The bolded part is the real spoiler, which has been subsequently edited out of the source page. So I'm not sure if that was too big a reveal or they've changed their minds.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I am going to miss Gus on Breaking Bad, but I am so glad Giancarlo Esposito is going to be on Once Upon a Time. What can you tell me about that role? ó Brad
    ADAM: He plays the Evil Queen's Magic Mirror. But like every character on the show, he has a different role in the non-fairy tale world, where he works as a newspaper editor named Sidney. Unlike his mystical counterpart, Sidney doesn't speak the truth, but rather prints whatever the Evil Queen/Mayor wants him to -- especially when a suspicious fire kills the town sheriff.

Source: Other spoilers for other shows may be in it. Mega Buzz: A Grey's Reunion? Plus: New Hookups on CSI and Big Bang Theory - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    This is such a creative show. Did anyone else catch the dog was named Pongo? Wonder how Jiminy is eventually going to connect to 101 Dalmations? Is he going to have a confrontation with Cruella DeVille?

I absolutely love this show!
    I caught the name of the dog, but I don't think it has any meaning to the story, per se'. I think they just wanted to use a familiar name and since it's a Dalmation, Pongo is a logical choice. What I found odd is the fact that Pongo was a 'fire dog' but could hear Henry and Jiminy. The reason Dalmations are known as the firehouse dog is because their breed is prone to deafness....the sirens don't bother them because they can't hear them. Now I realize that not all Dalmations go deaf, but it defeats the purpose if there is a hearing Dal in a fire truck...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I caught the name of the dog, but I don't think it has any meaning to the story, per se'. I think they just wanted to use a familiar name and since it's a Dalmation, Pongo is a logical choice. What I found odd is the fact that Pongo was a 'fire dog' but could hear Henry and Jiminy. The reason Dalmations are known as the firehouse dog is because their breed is prone to deafness....the sirens don't bother them because they can't hear them. Now I realize that not all Dalmations go deaf, but it defeats the purpose if there is a hearing Dal in a fire truck...lol
    Pongo is the name of the daddy dog from the Disney movie 101 Dalmations. ABC owns Disney, which is why we are seeing all of the princesses and Queen Maleficent. Also, we get to see Geppetto, but will have to wait a while to see Pinocchio. All the characters we have seen are in the public domain and the names and likenesses can be used without paying a fee, but not Pinocchio. For some reason Disney has to negotiate for him. Nothing is coincidence in this show.

As per the above spoiler that would make
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Emma the acting sheriff
    Last edited by kerowyn66; 11-29-2011 at 05:32 AM.

CCL

Pinocchio is in the public domain it is Peter Pan that is not.
    I hope that's not the death. I've heard other speculation that it might be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Granny. And the actress who plays Ruby hinted that Granny's Diner might close but I don't know if she was just playing. The Sheriff can be MIA because of the fire but he's too cute to die!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread