+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Cute kid... why did he smirk when the clock turned a quarter past?
    Rumplestiltskin is creepy!
    Seems like it would make a good movie, but not sure how it will work as a series.
    I agree. I'm curious to see how it will play out if the series goes for a long time. It's an interesting premise, but since there's supposed to be a battle with a desired outcome, one would think that it should come to an end at some point. How do they manage to keep it interesting for a really long run (say seven years or more) if no progress is ever really made? And what happens if the series is suddenly cancelled and they have to quickly resolve things. It's a challenging premise, but also an interesting one.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

CCL

I liked it. I have a couple of reservations...I don't really care for Jennifer Morrison and considering she is one of the (if not the) leads that might prove a problem. And I thought Prince Charming was a bit geeky.

I can see it lasting for a while because first the characters have to be woken up to who they truly are etc. And, then, after they have the major battle, they could explore other fairy tales, go back and forth between both worlds and so on.

Do regular people live in Storybrooke? They must or else the class would have no kids I would think. So how do the storybook characters explain that they never age? Do they not question it?
    Do any of the storybook characters have inklings that things are not right? Rumplestiltskin-human looked like he might, and evil queen-human maybe. Questions, questions.
    Last edited by CCL; 10-23-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I agree, show lived up to the hype.. ABCs got a few winners this season. I love Lana, she was so great on Swingtown, happy to see her back on this show. I can't wait for next weekend, I too want more. One hour is not enough.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I agree. I'm curious to see how it will play out if the series goes for a long time. It's an interesting premise, but since there's supposed to be a battle with a desired outcome, one would think that it should come to an end at some point. How do they manage to keep it interesting for a really long run (say seven years or more) if no progress is ever really made? And what happens if the series is suddenly cancelled and they have to quickly resolve things. It's a challenging premise, but also an interesting one.
    I was thinking almost this same thing..this is one of those shows and I know it sounds sad but it needs to have a beginning and a middle then an ending..I think they could make it 4-5 seasons but IMO after that dragging it on would ruin the entire story that really has started out so well and as someone upthread mentioned...it did make me feel...I felt so bad for her and so happy when I knew the baby got away.....only thing I didn't like is that short hair cut on Gennifer Goodwin...its too severe and not for her face type...she needs something softer
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I really enjoyed the premiere. I also thought it was worth the wait. I feel like it wouldn't have been appreciated as much had it premiered at the beginning of September. There were a few minor things that bugged me, but I'm waiting for next week to see how it all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I was thinking almost this same thing..this is one of those shows and I know it sounds sad but it needs to have a beginning and a middle then an ending..I think they could make it 4-5 seasons but IMO after that dragging it on would ruin the entire story that really has started out so well and as someone upthread mentioned...it did make me feel...I felt so bad for her and so happy when I knew the baby got away.....only thing I didn't like is that short hair cut on Gennifer Goodwin...its too severe and not for her face type...she needs something softer
    I think it's more those eyebrows that make her look so severe. If they softened them up, she'd look better. She cut her hair like that a while back and I really liked it, but she didn't have those heavily-penciled eyebrows.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked the show, but I think it would do better as a mini-series.

FORT Fogey

I missed it and forgot to set my DVR. Hope they repeat it because these reviews are very favorable!

I liked it. I wanted it to be a movie so that we could watch it all in one night because I don't want to have to wait for the rest!
    JavaJo likes this.

okay lets start trying to figure out who is who in story brooke...the old guy in the prison is the guy who built pinoochoo Japato (SP) the ole grump in the jail is grumpy and we have been told who is jimaney cricket..the mayor is the evil queen and the teacher is snow white...and we saw prince charming in what i am assuming is a coma....who is the old woman at the inn..the little ole woman who lived in a shoe??? and who is the skank that was at the inn? and who is the sherrif..this is gonna be fun ...and was the wolf just a wolf or was it the big bad wolf from little red riding hood?
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread