+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 214 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I read up on Rumpel's origins. Many, many twists over time. He started as an imp.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I read up on Rumpel's origins. Many, many twists over time. He started as an imp.
    mmmmmm..sounds really interesting..I am gonna have to catch up on my reading..if he started as an imp how did he get to be human..well he's human in storybrooke...I am not sure what I would call him in the fairy world..lol but if they follow that he is some form of imp I would say that they found the right man to play the part
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

Emma's last name (Swan) has been bugging me for a while. It just hit me that it was bringing to mind the Irish story The Children of Lir. I looked it up and there are definite parallels to Snow White - a stepmother is so jealous of her stepchildren (in this case because of the love their father bears them) that she asks her servant to kill them (echoes of the huntsman). He refuses and she curses the children instead, forcing them to live as swans for 900 years (living outside of human society, as Emma has lived outside of the fairytale world due to the queen's curse). I don't know that the show's creators were thinking of, or were even aware, of this story when they gave Emma the last name Swan, but I thought some people might find it interesting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

I like the casting for the Cinderella angle so much better. I have to say this is a good show, but I still fear like Lost it will go off on too many angles.

About the aging thing, does that mean that the baby will stay a baby as long as they are in Storybrooke?

FORT Fogey

I don't think so. I think the baby will age as normal, because she was born in the real world. That's why Henry's aging right? This is the only part of the show that I dislike, is that the aging thing is so confusing and unexplained.

At the end of the first episode the clock started moving again, meaning that time has started in Storybrooke again. So now wouldn't all of them start to age?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

They should have a notice before the opening scene: Abandon Logic, all ye who enter here. I guess anything can happen when you're dealing with fairytale folk.
    alizarules likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    At the end of the first episode the clock started moving again, meaning that time has started in Storybrooke again. So now wouldn't all of them start to age?
    That's what an article I read said. Once the clock started ticking, everything started. Aging, the battle, everything.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was holding my breath for the last couple of minutes thought for sure Archie was gonna buy it....loved loved the way he stood up to the EQ..I wondered what that piece of glass she was holding went too...the glass coffin that Snow White was in...her world is starting to crumble and she just can't plug the holes fast enough IMO I love this show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

The glass seemed to have some black on it.
    The Apollo chocolate bar that Henry had was a reference to the chocolate bars in Lost.
    I thought Archie was going to be the big death that they have hinted at. I wasn't fussed but this episode made me like him more so I ended up glad he survived. Though where did the umbrella come from when he was in the shaft being pulled up? (I missed part of that).
    I wonder if the doll-couple will resume their human forms when the curse lifts? Or not, considering their doll-forms preceded the curse, and really don't have anything to do with the Storybrooke curse.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread