+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 214 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I didn't catch this show until episode 4, but have gone back & watched all the episodes on Hulu & I gotta say it's one of the most creative & well written shows to come around in quite some time (even the most mundane things seem to eventually play a part). I really like it!
    cantstopwatchin and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    gezzzzzzzzzz I missed this show tonight...I am sooooooo hooked....I am starting to wish they do with this show like they did with LOST....instead of showing us some before x-mas then with all the breaks waiting til Jan and giving it to us all each week..I would rather we had that so I don't have to wait
    Wasn't Lost on hiatus more often than not? I seem to remember that it would be on for a few episodes and then it would disappear for months at a time. I could be mistaken because it wasn't a show I watched. But I know a few other shows tried that and ended up getting canceled because the audience loses interest. Out of sight, out of mind. And for some dumb reason, they are never good at advertising the show's return. I would really hate to have that happen to this show.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

This show flies by, and when each episode ends I find myself wishing I could fast forward to the next airing. I really mised seeing one last night.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    Finally caved and watched episode 3 of Once Upon a time and absolutely loved it. Snow White and Prince Charming have so much chemistry its not even funny. I had watched episode 2 without watching ep1 but found it too confusing and it seemed to drag quite a bit IMO. So I figured perhaps I missed some of the background story of the Sheriff and even Henry's father but there seems to be an outstanding ? about this and other stuff. Plus the name Emma Swan seems a bit suspect. Can anyone remember the fairy tale with a Swan in it ? It absolutely escapes me.
    The Ugly Duckling

I also heard the fairy tale called The Wild Swans (by Hans Christian Andersen) when I was young. I *think* this one is less commonly know, but here is some info on it if you are curious...
    The Wild Swans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Don't forget "The Swan Princess" Or, I guess maybe that was just the animated movie title. It was based (oh so loosely) on Swan Lake. Sigh. I really missed OUAT last night Even Adam Levine on the AMA's didn't completely make up for it.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Wasn't Lost on hiatus more often than not? I seem to remember that it would be on for a few episodes and then it would disappear for months at a time. I could be mistaken because it wasn't a show I watched. But I know a few other shows tried that and ended up getting canceled because the audience loses interest. Out of sight, out of mind. And for some dumb reason, they are never good at advertising the show's return. I would really hate to have that happen to this show.
    I hope that doesn't happen to this show. I am extremely bummed about the possible cancellation of Pan Am which is just a great new show as well. The timeslot alotted for that one is crazy ...who can realistically stay awake till 11 pm on a sunday night with a work week starting right the next day ? ABC execs should really consider their scheduling policies.
    Coco46 likes this.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Don't forget "The Swan Princess" Or, I guess maybe that was just the animated movie title. It was based (oh so loosely) on Swan Lake. Sigh. I really missed OUAT last night Even Adam Levine on the AMA's didn't completely make up for it.
    Yeah the Swan Princess.
    Though Henry did say that Emma was not in the book. Which gets me wondering why her name is Swan ? Its confusing.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    I hope that doesn't happen to this show. I am extremely bummed about the possible cancellation of Pan Am which is just a great new show as well. The timeslot alotted for that one is crazy ...who can realistically stay awake till 11 pm on a sunday night with a work week starting right the next day ? ABC execs should really consider their scheduling policies.
    Ratings are now taking DVR recordings into account so that will help the show.

I did a search on fairy tales right after this show started and after looking for over an hour on several search engines I found a list of fairy tales that boggled my eyes and my mind hundreds of which I had never even heard of...but I listed the most popular ones that were the most well known...if they pull from some of those others I will have no idea at who some of the characters would be
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I remember a fairy tale with a swan where a prince had to pick her out of a group of women... I don't remember the details.

+ Reply to Thread