+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 256 FirstFirst ... 154204244245246247248249250251252253254255256 LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2557
Like Tree1310Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I think it depends on who your target demographic is. Bones was on Friday's for a long time from what I remember too. Some of us in the non-target market actually watch TV on Fridays and appreciate when some of these shows show up there.
    Growing up Friday night was wash night, and watch TV with mom and dad and get to eat cake and potato chips for us. I have fond memories of bonding with my sibs and parents so I am all for having something to watch Friday evening.
    JORY'sMom, AmyKay and causingchaos like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Growing up Friday night was wash night, and watch TV with mom and dad and get to eat cake and potato chips for us. I have fond memories of bonding with my sibs and parents so I am all for having something to watch Friday evening.
    My Friday nights growing up was Dukes of Hazzard and Dallas! Good times.
    FireWoman and causingchaos like this.

I grew up in such a small town that it's not like there was stuff to do on Friday so the friends would all gather at someone's house and watch TV. Cable hadn't made it to that town for many years so it wasn't like thrilling TV but we liked it.

The TV Guide cheered that 6 members of the cast will be dropped for the next season but I get it sometimes to make the show fresh you have to move onto new characters new stories and that is exactly what happened. I am actually looking forward to the next season.
    Arielflies likes this.

I know its been a couple of weeks since the finale and I agree that it would have been a perfect series ender! I can't fathom how Hook is going to be back next season without Emma but I have a feeling there are going to be some very iffy twists & stuff to shoehorn it into happening.

I have one question though: When Emma was fighting Gideon, just before she laid down her sword, she had a good bit of dialogue. Unfortunately, she was talking so dang fast, I have NO idea what she was saying! Can anybody clue me in?

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    I know its been a couple of weeks since the finale and I agree that it would have been a perfect series ender! I can't fathom how Hook is going to be back next season without Emma but I have a feeling there are going to be some very iffy twists & stuff to shoehorn it into happening.

I have one question though: When Emma was fighting Gideon, just before she laid down her sword, she had a good bit of dialogue. Unfortunately, she was talking so dang fast, I have NO idea what she was saying! Can anybody clue me in?
    That's why I have the closed captions on as even with that I rewind a bit ... unfortunately I have deleted that from the DVR, sorry.
    I do think it was something about choosing one's destiny and when she refused to use the sword and fully except herself and her power if just burst out of her...here's to hoping I remembered it right.

Did anyone catch the new episode Friday night?

I did! I enjoyed it enough to give it a chance. It's definitely different, yet still the same (if that makes any sense)!

I really like older Henry.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I tried to watch, but fell asleep. I may try watching a second time.

Older Henry is kind of hot.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm trying again. This has something of a feel for the original about it. I quickly got used to the the Seattle location as opposed to Maine. I have hope - which Henry needs to find.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I watched it. I guess I liked it well enough to stick with it the whole time. I didn't have the same sense of WOW that I did when I saw the premier of the original, but I guess that's to be expected. I'm very interested to see the Hook/Rumple dynamic.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread