+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 219 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree1103Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    what really has me curious is that in all the stories and versions told of Rumple he is always after having a child and I want to know what is the motivation for that...what is he gonna do with a child if he got one
    I've always wondered that about the Rumplestiltskin story. It would be nice if this show finally gave us the answer.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've always wondered that about the Rumplestiltskin story. It would be nice if this show finally gave us the answer.
    According to legend Rumplestiltskin and his type needed children to raise to make more of them like them. They aren't capable of reproducing. So they made deals for children, raised them and after a few years the children turned into them. I can't remember the creature name but its like a bad fairy.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

What I remember from his story.. he needed to know someone's name to control them. In turn, if they knew his name it would 'banish' him. I wonder if that is how all this will end, with Emma figuering that out somehow.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    What I remember from his story.. he needed to know someone's name to control them. In turn, if they knew his name it would 'banish' him. I wonder if that is how all this will end, with Emma figuering that out somehow.
    You are correct. You had to figure out Rumpy's real name, and if so you could defeat him and make him disappear forever. And yes, he would control you by figuring out your own name. That's why there was such an emphasis in the pilot of him wanting to know the name of Snow's child.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

There's an article on the show in the new Entertainment Weekly.
    Among the tidbits: Regina knows she is the Queen and that everyone is a fairytale character (widely suspected); we will find out what Rumpy knows in this season. The changing of the time on the clock indicates that the war between good and evil has begun and that the fairytale characters in Storybrooke have regained their free will. They want to have Ariel (the mermaid) as a character in future and Peter Pan (but there are issues with getting the rights to Peter Pan).

Now, what I found interesting: there was a paragraph where they talked about Henry's father. They said we may have already met him and not known. In the same section they also said that the Sheriff plays a "pivotal" role. Now, I don't know if this is a red herring but it made me think the following: what if the Sheriff is the father of Henry? What if he was disguised in some way (maybe with the help of Rumpy) and sent out of Storybrooke (with the help of Rumpy and/or the Queen) to find Emma and get her with child and then get the child. Perhaps this is another way Regina thinks she is sticking it to Snow White and her family, having Snow White's grandchild and raising it as her own. Maybe this is why the Sheriff is involved with Regina because he wants to stay close to his son (if he knows he is his son, or if he doesn't but has some unconscious pull towards Henry). All this is me spitballing but I would love if they went in this direction.
    inthegarden likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    According to legend Rumplestiltskin and his type needed children to raise to make more of them like them. They aren't capable of reproducing. So they made deals for children, raised them and after a few years the children turned into them. I can't remember the creature name but its like a bad fairy.
    Thank you. A lifelong question has been answered.
    alizarules likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have to continue the speculation that the Sherrif is going to be the Huntsman. It seems that there are a few different movie versions of Snow White coming to theaters soon and the Huntsman plays a fital role in all that I've seen previews for. Hoping if this is the case that he may start out bad and like the original story has a change of heart and lets Snow live.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I have to continue the speculation that the Sherrif is going to be the Huntsman. It seems that there are a few different movie versions of Snow White coming to theaters soon and the Huntsman plays a fital role in all that I've seen previews for. Hoping if this is the case that he may start out bad and like the original story has a change of heart and lets Snow live.
    The huntsman generally speaking is a vital character in the actual fairytale. His failure to kill Snow White leads the the queen's intervention in the fairy tale. In the fairy tale he never really closes the deal. Of course that's left to the prince but he does have a change of heart there.

Finally caved and watched episode 3 of Once Upon a time and absolutely loved it. Snow White and Prince Charming have so much chemistry its not even funny. I had watched episode 2 without watching ep1 but found it too confusing and it seemed to drag quite a bit IMO. So I figured perhaps I missed some of the background story of the Sheriff and even Henry's father but there seems to be an outstanding ? about this and other stuff. Plus the name Emma Swan seems a bit suspect. Can anyone remember the fairy tale with a Swan in it ? It absolutely escapes me.

I too am looking forward to seeing the other fairytale characters woven into the basic fabric of this show. Should be interesting.

Have there been any online spoilers about the "Belle" episode ? That should be a great story to see particularly with the flip-flop of Old to New. I just wonder how they will spin the modern day Beast and who will play the role. Perhaps they will have a grumpy, snarly rich recluse as the modern day Beast who has a change of heart after interacting with Belle. I believe there was a christian movie some years back entitiled Belle and the Beast that followed the Beauty and Beast tale in modern times.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

this series is written by two of the best writers that worked on the show LOST and you will find it full of shout outs to LOST thrown in....Swan..the swan station..the clock stuck on 815...the mayors address is 108 and little things like that I suggested we started a list of the little lost easter eggs they were throwing into the show just as a fun side thing to do while watching the show since so many of us myself included are captivated by it but no one seemed to want to participate
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread