+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 225 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree1148Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I can't remember how she exactly answered him.. did she say "yeah, whatever" or just yes... one leaves it open ended and the other not so much.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I think the fact that nobody ages and nobody notices...and nobody notices that Henry does and it's out of the ordinary for their town, is part of the spell. For all we know, Mary has been teaching the same kids in the same grade for 20 something years. I'm thinking Henry is the only one who has noticed and that is what clued him in originally. And only because he is an outsider.

I wish this show were on twice a week..lol
    cantstopwatchin and Katydyd like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

urghhhhhhhh bad news bad news...I was reading another site that gives out spoilers and the question was asked about the sheriff and it was something like who was he and was he good or bad and the answer was he was bad
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    urghhhhhhhh bad news bad news...I was reading another site that gives out spoilers and the question was asked about the sheriff and it was something like who was he and was he good or bad and the answer was he was bad
    Since I didn't read it, I don't know but wouldn't the Huntsman be considered bad? Or at least he started off bad and then had a change of heart... IDK - I think if he's the huntsman, that question could have an ambiguous answer.

Or the majority of us could be wrong and we've all been WAAAY off in who he is.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Loved this week's episode. It was neat seeing the twist on Cinderella, although I don't envy her if she was pregnant for 20 years. If that was the case, was she being held in magical suspension until Emma came along to rescue her and the baby? Interesting thought.

I must confess, though, that this whole thing of Henry trying to shadow Emma does irritate me a little. I mean, how many excuses can the writers keep dreaming up so that Henry conveniently has the time to spend with her without Mama Bear noticing? And it's just a little irritating seeing him always at her elbow while she tries to do her job. Is he going to ride along in the patrol car when she's out chasing criminals?

As for the Huntsman, remember the old saying from The X-Files? "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Maybe hiring Emma is part of a devious plot by the EQ to get to Emma. That would be even more plausible now that we know she and Jamie are lovers. He may not like having to do this to Emma, but maybe he feels compelled for some reason, just like having the affair with EQ.

Speaking of The X-Files, I haven't enjoyed a show so much since that one. I was in university when X came out, and I used to belong to a club that would meet to watch every week's episode and nitpick it. I'm glad I have FORT now for this show!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Yeah, him being bad is my fear. I saw on another board the comment about the queen saying before the spell that all her "friends" would be taken care of. Given that he is gainfully employed and works for her, that does make sense. I am still holding out hope that he might be someone who was supposed to be bad, but has a change of heart - like the huntsman. I'm sure others have already done this, and I don't have an answer myself after trying to figure it out - but given that his name is Graham, and everyone else's name has meaning into who their fairytale character is - anyone have any thoughts on his name and how it plays into who he really is?

Just re-watched the episode. Some thoughts:

When Graham stops Emma and asks her to be his deputy, look over his shoulder. There's a shop across the road with a large sign, "Fish & Chips." That is distinctly British. Chip shops are everywhere in England. They're as common as McDonald's are here. I wonder if the two British actors asked for a touch of home in Storybrooke?

When Gold comes to talk to Emma about getting Ella back, his accent really comes out. I chuckled, because the actor Carlyle comes from an area of England just south of where my husband is from, so I'm very familiar with that accent.

At the end, as they're hauling Rumpy away in the carriage, he tells Ella "You won't get your baby back in this world or the next." Clearly, then, he knew about the EQ's curse in advance.

When the scenes with Rumpy occur, does anybody else get a faint bad boy rocker almost Mick Jagger-ish type of vibe? It jumped out at me tonight in his dealings with Ashley.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Well the RUMORS are going around that there will be a major character death by episode 10 i think it is going to be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ruby because if you look on IMBD all the other major characters are scheduled for 22 episodes while Ruby is only slated for 7 episodes

what really has me curious is that in all the stories and versions told of Rumple he is always after having a child and I want to know what is the motivation for that...what is he gonna do with a child if he got one
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 11-17-2011 at 02:05 AM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yeah, him being bad is my fear. I saw on another board the comment about the queen saying before the spell that all her "friends" would be taken care of. Given that he is gainfully employed and works for her, that does make sense. I am still holding out hope that he might be someone who was supposed to be bad, but has a change of heart - like the huntsman. I'm sure others have already done this, and I don't have an answer myself after trying to figure it out - but given that his name is Graham, and everyone else's name has meaning into who their fairytale character is - anyone have any thoughts on his name and how it plays into who he really is?
    I still think he's the huntsman. To me that makes the most sense.

FORT Fogey

I think Mr. Gold is creepier because of his accent - it's beautiful and lilting but you know he's so evil!

I think the Sheriff is the Huntsman. I think he's clearly walking the line between good and bad already, and eventually he'll cross it.

+ Reply to Thread