+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 214 FirstFirst ... 113163203204205206207208209210211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2137
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

  1. #2121
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,570

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Michael Sorcha who played the Knave of Hearts in Once Upon A Time in Wonderland will be on Once Upon A Time next season.
    libgirl2 and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #2122
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,570

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    ABC to Stick with Split Seasons for Most of Its Dramas
    By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

    LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- "We're going to be doing split seasons on most of our shows this year," Paul Lee (President, ABC Entertainment Group) told reporters this morning during ABC's pre-upfront conference call. "Certainly Sunday night will be that, certainly 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' will be that, certainly 'Grey's' and 'Scandal' will be that."

    Filling said voids will be "Marvel's Agent Carter," "Galavant" and "American Crime."

    "In the gap between 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'... when we pause it between the two halves of the season, we're bringing in 'Marvel's Agent Carter' with Hayley Atwell," Lee said. Adding that on Sundays, "in the gap between 'Once Upon a Time,' when that breaks between the two halves of the season, we're putting in 'Galavant.' [We] think it's the perfect place. All the families are watching 'America's Funniest Home Videos.' And of course, fairy tales with 'Once Upon a Time.' And then when 'Resurrection' finishes, which is going to be later in the season on Sunday night at 9 we're putting in 'American Crime.'"

    Lee would later clarify that "Galavant" will "do original episodes at 8 and a number of original episodes at 8:30. It's sort of perfect for that audience if you think about it and it will allow us to build a big campaign over Christmas which when we you see 'Galavant' it's just the perfect thing to be selling at Christmas." As for "Resurrection," Lee indicated its order is for "15 or 16" episodes rather than a traditional 22-episode season.

    To be determined though are which shows will serve as the bridge between "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal" breaks on Thursdays.

    Other highlights:

    Following its abbreviated run this year due to Kerry Washington's pregnancy, "Scandal" will have a full season going forward. "Revenge" likewise has a full season. "The showrunners have a great idea of just how we can give it a little twist and reset the idea [of the show]."

    And as far as content issues with "Grey's Anatomy" moving to the 8:00/7:00c hour, Lee said "I think that's much less relevant than it was five years ago." He later added that, "We think 'Grey's' is going to be fine. We have strong S&P and they'll be sure that whatever we air is appropriate."

    [UPDATED!] During the actual presentation, Lee provided a few other programming notes:

    -- "How to Get Away with Murder" will wrap in March, to be succeed by the 10-episode series "Secrets & Lies" on Thursday nights at 10:00/9:00c.

    -- "Resurrection" is set to conclude its second season just after the Oscars, with the 11-episode series "American Crime" subsequently taking over the Sunday, 9:00/8:00c hour.

    -- Lee also gave "Marvel's Agent Carter" a more specific launch date of January, where it will spell "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on Tuesday nights at 9:00/8:00c.

    -- And Susannah Grant's "The Club," while not mentioned in this morning's announcement, is still on tap with the new moniker "Members Only."
    Breaking News - ABC to Stick with Split Seasons for Most of Its Dramas | TheFutonCritic.com

    While I luv'ed that Once and SHEILD did the split season format I think the idea of putting shorter series as a bridge is a great idea. It gives the audience a lot more to chose from, it gives folks something to watch besides repeats and the possibility of being introduced to some shorter, less time invested shows sounds like a great idea. It's also a great opportunity for folks to produce some great miniseries. More shows, more opportunities, more to watch. A win win all around. I know the Once Upon A Time in Wonderland would have done better if it had been the bridging show during the holiday season for OUAT.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  3. #2123
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,054

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    The character Elsa from Frozen was based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen. Could be that the OUAT version will lean more toward the original character...

    The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen
    Well, other than that there was some ice involved I never thought that The Snow Queen had much to do with Frozen....

  4. #2124
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Yeah. As far as I can see the stories have nothing in common.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  5. #2125
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,515

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, other than that there was some ice involved I never thought that The Snow Queen had much to do with Frozen....
    The phrase "based on" is the key phrase in my post. This isn't the first time Disney has taken great liberties with a classic tale.
    Ellen likes this.

  6. #2126
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,356

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Breaking News - ABC to Stick with Split Seasons for Most of Its Dramas | TheFutonCritic.com

    While I luv'ed that Once and SHEILD did the split season format I think the idea of putting shorter series as a bridge is a great idea. It gives the audience a lot more to chose from, it gives folks something to watch besides repeats and the possibility of being introduced to some shorter, less time invested shows sounds like a great idea. It's also a great opportunity for folks to produce some great miniseries. More shows, more opportunities, more to watch. A win win all around. I know the Once Upon A Time in Wonderland would have done better if it had been the bridging show during the holiday season for OUAT.
    I just saw an extended (probably about 4 minutes) preview of Galavant. The concept sounded awful when I read about it, but the preview was fantastic. I can't wait for this one! I'm just mad it won't be on 'till mid-season.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  7. #2127
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    I don't mind the idea of split seasons. The big challenge is remembering to get back in the groove when the show comes back on. I don't know why it should be hard, since I manage to pick shows back up in the fall after the summer break, but it is. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to a new way for things to work.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  8. #2128
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,570

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I just saw an extended (probably about 4 minutes) preview of Galavant. The concept sounded awful when I read about it, but the preview was fantastic. I can't wait for this one! I'm just mad it won't be on 'till mid-season.
    I know I saw the preview and it looks much better than it sounds.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #2129
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,570

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I don't mind the idea of split seasons. The big challenge is remembering to get back in the groove when the show comes back on. I don't know why it should be hard, since I manage to pick shows back up in the fall after the summer break, but it is. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to a new way for things to work.
    Well, the networks were splitting the season as it is with constant repeats during the holidays and no new shows until sometime in January.
    causingchaos likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #2130
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,135

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Well, the networks were splitting the season as it is with constant repeats during the holidays and no new shows until sometime in January.
    Very true. It's better to know what to expect and have an official split season.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.