+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1151Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Seriously? Frozen?
    Ugghh...
    Agreed. Most shameless and blatant Disney promotion yet.
    Ellen, causingchaos and mesachick like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think Elsa from Frozen (which I didn't see) was the woman who came up from that pentagram (or whatever it was) that the wicked witch had created to change time. Apparently she (Elsa) is something that Emma and Hook brought back from Rumple's room with dark magic even he is afraid of.

By the way, my favorite part of the show was after Rumple drank the potion to forget, looked around, saw where he was and said "What the hell am I doing in here?" And poof! gone!
    PWS and Miss Scarlet like this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I also enjoyed the bit of Back to the Future take-off, & the Marty McFly reference.
    You'd think, knowing the movie, that Emma would know "change the past & you change the future".

I also liked Emma's reaction to seeing the Fairytale Land's characters in their original behavior. Her reaction to Rumplestiltskin was good.
    Having Hook along for the ride made it even better.
    PWS likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think Elsa from Frozen (which I didn't see) was the woman who came up from that pentagram (or whatever it was) that the wicked witch had created to change time. Apparently she (Elsa) is something that Emma and Hook brought back from Rumple's room with dark magic even he is afraid of.

By the way, my favorite part of the show was after Rumple drank the potion to forget, looked around, saw where he was and said "What the hell am I doing in here?" And poof! gone!
    Thank you! That makes total sense. I had forgotten the pentagram, which certainly look cold.

Robert Carlyle is one of those rare actors who makes everything better than it would have been without him. I put him in my special group along with such as James Spader, Michael Emerson, and a few others who are just so good at their jobs as to separate themselves even from other very good actors.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, their trip to the past brought back TWO things....one was a person, Maid Marian, Robin Hood's wife and his son's mom, whose death he'd "finally" gotten over so he could hook up with Regina (and how can she fight for him, given there is a child involved---just as I was thinking that she'd make a good step mom--clearly she doesn't need to be biologically attached to a child), and the other was a big jar--the one that Hook was handling so casually in the dark magic room. That jar spilled out some ashes which turned into a liquid which filled in the pentagram thingie and morphed into a liquid being who turned out to be the Frozen princess who has a kind of Midas touch for turning things to ice (for those who haven't seen the movie). I'm not sure why she was in ashes (fire being anathema to an ice princess one would think) or why she would be evil---at the end of the Disney movie it looked fairly happily ever after--but I'm sure we will find out...next season.

Yes, loved Emma's facial reactions to seeing everyone as their fairy tale characters!

I also don't think the OUAT Elsa is gonna be anything like movie Elsa, other than the frozen powers, blue dress and blonde braid. I'm interested to see how they are going to change things up and look forward to next season!

And Rumple's line after he drank the potion was great! I also loved when Emma knocked Marian out and then told Charming she was resting!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She sure stayed knocked out for a long time! I assume they didn't keep bonking her every time she started to come around.
    Misty8723 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Agreed. Most shameless and blatant Disney promotion yet.
    I thought the Mickey Mouse doll in the girl being adopted in the opening scene was actually the bigger, more shameless and blatant Disney promotion since the camera was aimed right the head before pulling back to see the rest of the scene.
    FireWoman likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have seen Frozen and in the end, her sister saved her from wanting to be wicked with warm love. I don't see how they are going to make this queen (she left for the hills during her coronation ball) evil when she was trying to protect others from her curse.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yes, their trip to the past brought back TWO things....one was a person, Maid Marian, Robin Hood's wife and his son's mom, whose death he'd "finally" gotten over so he could hook up with Regina (and how can she fight for him, given there is a child involved---just as I was thinking that she'd make a good step mom--clearly she doesn't need to be biologically attached to a child), and the other was a big jar--the one that Hook was handling so casually in the dark magic room. That jar spilled out some ashes which turned into a liquid which filled in the pentagram thingie and morphed into a liquid being who turned out to be the Frozen princess who has a kind of Midas touch for turning things to ice (for those who haven't seen the movie). I'm not sure why she was in ashes (fire being anathema to an ice princess one would think) or why she would be evil---at the end of the Disney movie it looked fairly happily ever after--but I'm sure we will find out...next season.
    There were no ashes. The jar was half buried in a mound of soil. The mound of soil was where the time portal had been. The lid popped off and there was a puff of blue smoke and blue liquid that filled the mystical symbol on the floor of the barn. After the blue liquid became human/Elsa, she took off her gloves and froze the jar (and some of the surrounding ground that the jar was lying on ) that had imprisoned her and it exploded into tiny little fragments.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-12-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread