+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 205 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

CCL

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

To me Ginnifer is beautiful (beauty being in the eye of the beholder, of course) and her colouring (skin and hair) make her out to be a good Snow White. There are others that have the appropriate colouring (Liv Tyler, Anne Hathaway maybe) but I don't think they have the same gamine quality that Ginnifer has brought to the role. It was the prince I had a problem with at first (he came off as a bit nerdy in the first episode) but he has definitely grown on me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Also, for next week's episode, plus I stuck Emma in:

Evil Queen - Regina the mayor
    ? - Sherrif Graham
    Rumplestiltskin -Mr Gold
    Snow White -Mary Margaret Blanchard
    Prince Charming aka James -David Nolan
    Emma - Emma Swan
    Jiminy Cricket - Archie Hopper; The psychiatrist
    Granny from Little Red Riding Hood - Granny, the innkeeper
    Little Red Riding Hood –Ruby
    Doc - ? but he is doctor at the hospital
    Gepetto -Marco Town Handy Man
    Sleepy - Walter The security guard at the hospital
    Magic Mirror - Sydney works for the paper
    Grumpy - Leroy, the janitor at the hospital
    Blind Witch/Ms. Ginger (Hansel and Gretel)
    Cinderella-Ashley

Similar to Lost a lot of the Storybrooke names have meaning, in this case they tie back to the fairytale names ie
    Regina -queen
    Sydney, name not an issue as much as he works for "The Daily Mirror"
    Mary Margaret Blanchard - Mary, the mother of the Savior (Emma being the Savior in this instance), Blanchard - White
    Ruby - keeping with the red theme
    Mr Gold -spinning straw into gold
    Dr. Hopper, crickets they hop I guess
    Ms Ginger - the witch from Hansel and Gretel lives in a gingerbread house (thanks to the person upthread who pointed out this connection)
    Ashley - ashes = cinders = Cinderella
    Thanks to all who have helped create this list! I had not put the names/meanings together. Any thoughts on Emma Swan? Are they thinking Ugly Duckling? Was that even a fairy tale?? LOL!! I know there was a fairy tale with a swan... will need to think on this one, maybe it will come to me.

It was a Hans Christian Anderson tale. Are we only dealing with Grimm here? There was the one with 7 swan brothers, but I don't see any indication of that. Her parents named her Emma, but who named her Swan? And besides, Henry said she's not in the book - although she was as a baby in the pages they burned.
    Count your blessings!

Swan Lake was a hugely popular fairly tale in 19th century Europe, hence the ballet. Now that would open up some intriguing possibilities, since SL has the evil wizard Rothbart who sends an impostor to take the place of the heroine and steal the Prince's heart (think the ending of "Little Mermaid," or at least the Disney version.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Thanks to all who have helped create this list! I had not put the names/meanings together. Any thoughts on Emma Swan? Are they thinking Ugly Duckling? Was that even a fairy tale?? LOL!! I know there was a fairy tale with a swan... will need to think on this one, maybe it will come to me.
    Honestly, when I think of Emma I think of blood as it sounds similar to the Greek word for blood. I don't think that is what they were going for, though. : lol Unless Emma is going to be sacrificed (her blood shed) to bring the fairytale world back.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I believe it's an inside joke from the Exec Producers to their LOST fans. The SWAN was one of the Stations of the DHARMA Initiative in LOST and the picture of a swan showed up more than a few times. In the first episode of OUAT, they made quite a few references to LOST, the biggest being Emma's last name. (Others were the time of the clock when it was stuck and Emma's apt number.) If you look at the key Granny hands her, it has the picture of a swan on it as well. They've said they like doing things like that and we'll continue to see little things pop up in the background from time to time from previous projects they've worked on.

During Comic-Con, Jennifer Morrison referred to the show as being Emma's fairy tale (once time starts moving forward), so maybe she knows something we don't?
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I take it all back - I don't want Emma to end up with Graham!!! No way do I want her "happy ending" to mean she gets the Mayor's sloppy seconds...
    YorkieMom likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I take it all back - I don't want Emma to end up with Graham!!! No way do I want her "happy ending" to mean she gets the Mayor's sloppy seconds...
    ITA...I guess I should have seen that coming but I gave the sheriff credit for having better taste..lol...he didn't look too happy when he was getting his socks though...I wonder if she is blackmailing him into it...if a man could look disgusted with himself about sex thats the way I would say he looked
    JavaJo likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

Um
    Click to see Spoiler:
    There are pics on the Internet of Emma and Sheriff Graham kissing and they are supposed to start dating...I'm hoping this doesn't happen because Regina has blackmailed him into getting close to Emma for nefarious purposes.

The episode tonight was ok. Bit of a letdown after last week's fantastic episode.

I am wondering if the sheriff is wanting Emma to be his deputy so she can help him get out from what ever the mayor is holding over him....I think he's wanting help to get out from under the mayor
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread