+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1093Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I'm not really liking the Rebecca Mader character. She does a good job playing the evil Wicked Witch but something about her just doesn't click with me.

While I liked Neal ok enough, I'm not really sad that he died. I'm only sad in that Henry didn't get to say goodbye to him.

I wonder if they will time Snow giving birth for the end of the season so that she won't lose any screen time during summer hiatus, or will she be going on maternity leave before the finale and therefore will be kidnapped or something to explain her absence. Anyone know her real life due date?
    I'm with you 100% on Rebecca Mader. But her character really is creepy.

I have scoured the internet, and I can't find a word about when Ginnifer Goodwin is due, except nobody has said when it is. She sure looks ready.

There is an interview with the writers, discussing Neal's death.
    'Once Upon a Time': EPs on Neal's 'Noble' Death - Hollywood Reporter
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Last night, while watching the show, I kept noticing all sorts of somewhat odd poignant moments with Neal. I kept wondering what was up. It never occurred to me that he was going to die, but all the signs were there.
    Darned near every time he was on the screen there was some kind of "closure" moment with someone or other.

If I had know that someone was going to die, I think I could have at least strongly suspected it would be him.
    His coming to terms with & letting bygones be bygones with Hook. No snide remarks or anything.
    Hook giving the big hug to Neal & aiding him in his escape from the hospital.
    His walk with Emma & the closure type of conversation they had. Same thing, no snide remarks except jokes they both laughed at.
    Expressing his love for Henry.
    His acceptance of his father & understanding of their past.
    His at-all-cost drive to bring Rumple back.

Also, when Neal was about to open the vault with the magic key, all I could think of was: "All magic, comes with a price".
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I was kinda hoping the "a life for a life" thing with opening the vault would extend to Bae/Neal and WW/Zelena. They can kill her off and we can have him back. He's not my favorite, but I didn't dislike him. I know Rumple/Gold will miss him most of all and that makes me sad.

I'm wondering if we'll get to hear the details of a young Zelena from Rumple and get HIS side of the story!

As for the REAL LIFE BABY, if I remember correctly, they announced their engagement in October and the pregnancy in November. That really doesn't help us any because there are so many other factors. We don't know how long they waited (isn't 3 months traditional?) or if they were adding padding to the real baby bump for the purpose of the show, so judging by how "big" she is doesn't really work. Speaking for myself, I was 5 months along before anyone was the wiser, so I am reluctant to judge.

I am sure they'll announce it all over the place when she finally gives birth. Personally, I'm hoping for a mid-May birthday!
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm not really liking the Rebecca Mader character. She does a good job playing the evil Wicked Witch but something about her just doesn't click with me.

While I liked Neal ok enough, I'm not really sad that he died. I'm only sad in that Henry didn't get to say goodbye to him.
    I agree. She is doing a very good job, but I'm still not completely sold on her. I may just be distracted by how much she looks like Nicole Kidman. I keep expecting an Australian accent to come out of her mouth!

I'm not really sad about losing Bae either. I have come to view this show as one where people don't get killed off, so I really didn't believe he had died permanently and a death really loses impact when you don't believe it. Now that I have read here that he is really gone from the show I still don't think I'll miss him that much. I think Emma has a more interesting pairing with Hook anyway.

It seems very odd to me that the second half of this season is more like a completely different season. Why not save this other story line for next season? I get that they want the advertising revenue, but I'm also worried that this show could jump the shark if they keep pumping out episodes at this pace...

Here's an interview with the writers . . . and yes, it has SPOILERISH material, so decide whether or not you wanna know before you read any further!

Once Upon a Time Bosses on Shocking Death and What's Next - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I'd have to echo that sentiment. First, there's the way she treats Rumple. I keep hearing "oh no you didn't" coming outta my mouth. Can't wait for Karma to kick her butt.

There's also the fake smile while her fangs nearly drip with venom. How does no one see through the facade or hear the innuendos? It ain't all sunshine, love and unicorns in Fairytale Land. They should really be more on top of things like that "I'm not letting you have this baby without me" stuff!!!!

How did she explain her entrance to Storybrook from the Enchanted Forest during the second curse? No one knows her, yet they accept her into the community.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mary Margaret did ask her (in Granny's diner) and she says she was a midwife . . . . just what MM needed to hear. She (the WW) tells Rumple that they were both looked down upon for their appearances (or something close to that) which might have something to do with her being green. How would you not remember someone like THAT living in your kingdom??

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

She is from Oz.. not the Enchanted Forrest. I recall Regina stating that at some point.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Yes, she is from OZ and had taken over the castle in the Enchanted Forest when they all returned. However, once they were sent back to Storybrook, they have no memory of what took place in the EF. I just find it odd that a "stranger" should be taken for granted as belonging.

Yes, she has a way with the con and convinced MM to trust her, but what about when she first appeared?
    ArchieComic Fan and mesachick like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread