+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 222 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree1125Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Just looking at the lists (sorry for the back to back posts). I think the sheriff is the huntsman from snow white.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    When this show initially started, some people said they didn't like Ginnifer Goodwin. Now I see why:

Fashion Hits and Misses: 2011 CMA Awards | Gallery | Wonderwall
    I don't remember anyone saying they didn't like Ginnfer. At least one person (CCL?) said they didn't like Jennifer Morrison....

I like GG's hair and I think her ears are cute. It's those little imperfections that I find endearing.

I didn't like her super-severe eyebrows in the pilot - they just overpowered her whole face, especially since she doesn't wear a lot of obvious makeup - but they softened them up and I think she looks adorable.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

It was me who didn't like Jennifer Morrison (that hasn't really changed). I like Ginnifer Goodwin; she's very elfin in terms of features and appearance and the short hair works with that. I've never really noticed her ears.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm arriving late to this show....do we know what the terrible thing Snow is supposed to have done to EQ was?

I like Ginnifer G, too. I especially like the fact that she's not your typical movie star. She's not drop dead gorgeous but she's adorable in a pixie-ish sort of way. She could be the girl next door. I didn't like her hair at first but it's grown on me. I loved her in Something Borrowed, but her hair distracted me...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't remember anyone saying they didn't like Ginnfer. At least one person (CCL?) said they didn't like Jennifer Morrison....
    First, let me apologize. I meant the bad fashion photo to be ironic, not serious. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Second, I got mixed up. When the show debuted, I read a review where the critic said she didn't like Goodwin.

That's the trouble with reading a lot like I do. After a while it becomes a blur as to what you read where.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I don't like GG. It's not a looks thing I just don't think she's particularly talented.

FORT Fogey

I am one that stated they are not fond of the girls they chose to play the roles. I just do not think that Ginnifer and Jennifer are that good of actresses. I am also one that does not care if actresses are beautiful as long as they are talented, but when you are casting princesses from well known stories, than the casting calls for beautiful women because we all have pictures in our head. One thing to cast a housewife or doctor and have to make them beautiful when beauty is not part of the role, but this is different, and I still think the casting department messed up. The EQ is growing on me as is Prince Charming, but the others not so much.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Just chiming in. I'm a big fan of GG. I loved her in Walk the Line (where she played Johnny Cash's first wife), He's Just Not That Into You, Something Borrowed, Mona Lisa Smile, and Big Love "Not that talented" is not a phrase I'd use to describe her.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I love both Ginnifer and Jennifer. I love them even more after watching videos of them from Comic-Con. They're passionate about these roles and about where the series is headed. You can't ask for more than that. I think Ginnifer is beautiful with the long hair (though her wig leaves much to be desired but that's not her fault) and cute with the short hair and Jennifer is perfect as the hard-as-nails, cynical Emma. I can't imagine anyone I'd rather see in either role, quite honestly.

FWIW, Ginnifer was offered the role of Snow White w/o even reading for the Exec Producers, as was Robert Carlysle. They said they never considered anyone else for those roles. I think we all got lucky that both actors realized what a gem this show would be!
    JavaJo likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread