+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1125Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Regarding which boy was Rumpy's undoing, I agree it appears to have been Pan. However, according to onceuponatime.wikia, this is the prophecy from the seer:

You will be reunited with your son and it will come in a most unexpected way. A boy . . . a young boy will lead you to your son, but beware Rumplestiltskin, that boy is more than he appears. He will need you. Do what you seek, but there will be a price, the boy will be your undoing.

The boy who led Rumpy to his son was Henry. IMO, the prophecy is only talking about one boy, and there is no wiggle room for it switching to be about another. I think both Pan and Henry played a part in Rumpy's undoing. Henry did because Rumpy couldn't destroy his beloved son's son, and Pan did because, well, he was just beyond evil and incredibly selfish, especially towards his own son.

Now, on a slightly different note, I've heard people say that Rumpy must still be alive because we saw him in the previews. The only time I saw him in the previews, it looked like the scene when he and Belle embraced after the gang returned from Neverland. I saw nothing else that looked new with him in it. Did I miss something?
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Now, on a slightly different note, I've heard people say that Rumpy must still be alive because we saw him in the previews. The only time I saw him in the previews, it looked like the scene when he and Belle embraced after the gang returned from Neverland. I saw nothing else that looked new with him in it. Did I miss something?
    I didn't pay much attention to the previews, but I don't believe for a minute that Rumpy is dead.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

He is the glue that holds the show together, so I don't believe that he is dead either.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I agree that it would seem illogical for Rumpy, the all but unanimous favorite character on the show, to be permanently dead unless Carlyle's contract is up and he feels he's played this character long enough. The best actors do not want to be doing the same character for too long even if it's a great character. They need variety and the chance to stretch. Characters have a shelf life just as Walter White or Michael Weston to name but a couple.

Just speculating here. I know nothing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Binge watching episode 6 - Ariel, episode 7 - Dark Hollow, episode 8 - Think Lovely Thoughts.

Wow, Peter Pan is Rumple's dad! How epic.

Henry, coming from Peter Pan and Rumple. sure has some dumb gullible genes, also considering the Evil Queen raised him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finished with episode 9 - Save Henry, episode 10 - The New Neverland and episode 11 - Going Home.

I do think the actor playing Peter Pan is simply brilliant...luv'ed watching the series 2 or 3 episodes at a time. I think I did overdose on Once Upon A Time. I really thought it was either UPS or FedEx at the door delivering the book not Captain Hook.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Regarding which boy was Rumpy's undoing, I agree it appears to have been Pan. However, according to onceuponatime.wikia, this is the prophecy from the seer:

You will be reunited with your son and it will come in a most unexpected way. A boy . . . a young boy will lead you to your son, but beware Rumplestiltskin, that boy is more than he appears. He will need you. Do what you seek, but there will be a price, the boy will be your undoing.

The boy who led Rumpy to his son was Henry. IMO, the prophecy is only talking about one boy, and there is no wiggle room for it switching to be about another. I think both Pan and Henry played a part in Rumpy's undoing. Henry did because Rumpy couldn't destroy his beloved son's son, and Pan did because, well, he was just beyond evil and incredibly selfish, especially towards his own son.

You have to be very careful about how one interprets a prophecy most folks go with the literal interpretation and try so hard to avoid the outcome that their very actions creative the outcome.

The young boy in the prophecy could refer to Baefire, to Peter Pan, to Henry or even to Rumple as a young lad and what happened to him and his father. It seems possible to interpret it several ways considering the way the writers have woven the various story arcs.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    You have to be very careful about how one interprets a prophecy most folks go with the literal interpretation and try so hard to avoid the outcome that their very actions creative the outcome.

The young boy in the prophecy could refer to Baefire, to Peter Pan, to Henry or even to Rumple as a young lad and what happened to him and his father. It seems possible to interpret it several ways considering the way the writers have woven the various story arcs.

Which is a very smart move on the writers.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Hook seems like he will be the connection between the realms as he was a traveler when the curse hit. That he came to Emma to tell her her family was in trouble shows that he has been in the Forest, and now in the "real" world. Emma mentioned having handcuffs so she still might be a bondsman or in some form of law enforcement.

I also did a marathon today starting with the Ariel episode. What a ride. IF the Storybooke characters are reset in the Enchanted Forest perhaps that also reset Rumple, with Pan being reset in Neverland. Although who knows if a Rumple without magic wielding the "dark" knife died or transformed. I hope they run the last episode again close to the March re-start date or a long "previously on..." Now I can't wait to see how it all developed with the reset.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I know Snow wants another baby but didn't Snow sacrifice the ability to have more children when she saved David's mother way back in season 1????

+ Reply to Thread