+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I thought the little boy sounded Scottish, which is fitting since Robert Carlyle is Scottish
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I thought he sounded like an American doing a bad British - English, Irish or Scottish, depending on the scene - accent. It was not good. Cute kid, but not great at that accent.

I keep watching this show, but sometimes I'm not sure why. I vacillate between thinking it's written by a herd of 13 year old girls.....or a bunch of stoned college-aged guys.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought he sounded like an American doing a bad British - English, Irish or Scottish, depending on the scene - accent. It was not good. Cute kid, but not great at that accent.

I keep watching this show, but sometimes I'm not sure why. I vacillate between thinking it's written by a herd of 13 year old girls.....or a bunch of stoned college-aged guys.
    I always assumed nerdy college aged guys because it honestly feels like a D and D dungeon master giving out scenes half the time to me which makes me giggle. I missed this last weeks episode, maybe on purpose, so really that's all I can contribute. I try to catch about every other episode of this show or there about because there's just so many story lines I really don't care about.

Critical and Causingchaos - you both made me LOL this morning

If it weren't for the amazing Robert Carlyle, I would have stopped watching awhile ago myself. I just love the Rumple/Gold character though. OTOH, I can't stand Emma.
    Ellen and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

It served me well taking a long break from this show. Somehow I appreciated it more when I came back and caught up.

I am glad that I don't read spoilers because I didn't see the twist of Pan being Rumple's dad either.

I kind of figured that Henry believed Pan because Pan pulled the "they don't believe because they are grown-ups" argument. I think it's a strong one for Henry. That said, I still don't care for Henry much. I think part of the problem is that the kid actor is getting older, so I am having more trouble buying his "childhood innocence" angle.

On the one hand, I kind of like that we know everyone is going to be "happily ever after" in the end. But on the other hand, it also feels sometimes like there is no real "danger" in this show. Of course they will find a way for Charming to leave the island. And does anyone *really* think Henry is going to die?
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.

Charming is going to leave the island. Rumple says he has a cure for him back in Storybrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I noticed that too . . . . those hand gestures and the little giggle.

My absolute favorite part of the entire evening was hearing Rumple say that he wasn't about to go up against Pan armed "with noting but my good looks"!!!

I swooned!
    Loved that line as well! Made me LOL for sure!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I still love every minute of this show. It's fun & different.
    The first season was so unique that it stood out, but I think they've done a very good job keeping it interesting.
    But you're right about Robert Carlyle, he & the Rumplestiltskin character are the best parts of the show. The episodes that feature him prominently are the most memorable.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

ClosetWatcher got me thinking about Henry dying angle. I think the writers might have to kill him off. He's getting older and, even now, he's looking rather stupid running around talking about fairytale creatures and stories with sparkling wistfulness in his eyes of a five year old. Maybe they will have him quickly "grow up" during a whacked out spell or let him morph like a monarch butterfly into a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT actor? Okay, I'll admit it, I really don't care for the current Henry. He makes me think of Alfred E Numan at the very least.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I really really never liked Henry as a character or the actor. Anytime he's talking I'm flipping channels if I'm watching. So if he died I probably wouldn't feel too completely bad.

He does look a lot older this season too I noticed he must have some growth spurt or something because I was like wow you look silly as a pre-teen going about all these shenanigans.

+ Reply to Thread