+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm enjoying the show, so for me at least, it hasn't jumped the shark.
    Yeah, I think its exactly on track in the manner it was intended, not jumping the shark. It's supposed to be campy and OTT.
    Misty8723 and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Yeah, I think its exactly on track in the manner it was intended, not jumping the shark. It's supposed to be campy and OTT.
    Which is what I like about it. If I want reality, I'll watch the news.
    KrazeeKy07 and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

There's not one realistic thing in this show, that's for sure.
    Ellen likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Thanks for telling me that Pikachu. I suppose I can let it slide then lol
    True, it was a Hans C.A. story long before Disney, but this version seemed to owe more to Disney than HCA. Whose story was pretty grim by comparison with the Disney version (right up there with some of the original Grimms stories! [not Grimm the show]).
    Ellen and mesachick like this.

I stopped watching this show about halfway through last season. I just found that it was getting tiresome. However, I kept it on the DVR thinking I would eventually get around to watching. Last week my daughter and I finally started catching up. I was pleasantly surprised that I started really enjoying the show again after a break. Last night we caught up through the current episode.

Put me on the side of viewers who though Mulan was in love with Philip. I remember an episode where he died or got carried away by a wraith and she was completely devastated. I thought she was close to Aurora because she knew Philip loved Aurora and Mulan was selfless enough that she gave up her own happiness so that Philip would be happy. I was completely confused when she seemed to be ready to profess her love to Aurora this season. I also thought I saw a glimmer of connection between Mulan and Robin Hood, so it seemed like they were setting up for a triangle between Mulan, Robin, and Regina.

I really like the evil Pan storyline. The actor they have playing him has the perfect balance between boyishly handsome and really bad guy. Whenever he is trying to manipulate someone I have the feeling that he has a master plan that no one knows about. I thought it was also interesting that they made him the Pied Piper. However, the traditional Pied Piper story was really a story about paying ones debts so I'm curious if they will circle back around to that.

Love triangles in general are not my favorite story device. I agree that Emma will likely end up with Neal, although I'm not sure that should be viewed as a necessity. I definitely like Hook better as a character. He is better looking and far more interesting, IMO! I don't usually have a problem adapting as actors take on different roles, but for some reason I have an extremely difficult time doing this with the actor who plays Neal. Every time he talks I'm thinking that he's supposed to have a Cajun accent!

I was thinking Tinkerbell was in the other cage. I hope it is her and not the one guy from the beginning. On the one hand I don't think having your shadow ripped off should be fatal, but on the other hand I really didn't like that guy and I don't care to see more of him. It has seemed strange that Hook recently (in the last couple of episodes) said something like "Let's get Tinkerbell and go find Henry" however we haven't seen Tinkerbell since then and no one seems to be questioning where she is...

I was really glad that they tied the Ariel story into the "present" storyline by the end of the episode. It was feeling really disconnected to me through most of the show.

I'm looking forward to watching the rest of this season, but part of me is tempted to back up a bunch of episodes and watch in a marathon again. When watched back-to-back the overall pace of the show feels faster and I had less of the "one step forward, two steps back" feeling that was putting me off last season.
    AmyKay, spockwhat and nanarama like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I did a round on On Demand to catch up and enjoyed it more that way also. For one thing, with all these characters, mostly in 2 roles, it let me keep straight all the relationships.

Count me on the side of Hook with Emma. I really prefer them together to Neal and Emma.

Neal has grown on me. I didn't like him at the beginning, but this season I've come to like him a lot & the way he is with/about Emma.
    Count me on the Neal side.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Didn't expect it to be Wendy...I figured it wasn't the last time we would see the Darlings.

I'm not the biggest Belle fan, but I enjoyed her and Ariel last night. Loved seeing Archie and the dwarves...and even ol' Granny! Loved when she told Ariel about no shoes, no shirt, no service and Grumpy quickly reminded her of Ruby's outfits!

Thought the Charming/Snow fight was nice and Emma stating that she chooses Henry.

So now we know why Pan needs his heart, so he can be immortal...yikes! Something tells me Henry is gonna end up saving himself...guess we will see!
    PWS and AmyKay like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Regular

Today's episode certainly clarified a lot. First of all, Prince Charming/David doesn't necessarily need to stay on Neverland as Mr. Gold could make a potion that stops the Dreamshade poisoning. Also, the rumor that Peter Pan was Rumpelstiltskin's father has been confirmed, with him borrowing magic from the island to remain young. Finally, Pan needed the "heart of the truest believer" as he could only remain young on the island until the hourglass ran dry unless he managed to get the heart, in which case he would be immortal. Sadly, Henry fell for Pan's "saving magic" lie, giving his heart to Pan and possibly killing himself.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    However, as leaked photos from Episode 11 show, Henry certainly isn't dead.
    Another event of note in this episode is that Rumpelstiltskin got stuck in Pandora's box after Pan switched the actual box with a fake one.

On another note, I noticed that the December 12 episode of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is "Home", whereas the December 15 episode of its parent series is "Going Home." This could mean that the former is a crossover episode with the parent series.

+ Reply to Thread