+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 214 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I'd be surprised and disappointed if the sheriff is Robin Hood because I don't think Robin Hood is a fairy tale. If memory serves, it is at least debated that he was based on a real person and his story actually did come down through ballads. That being said, I can't think of which fairly tale character he could be. Perhaps he is the huntsman from Red Riding Hood or maybe the prince from Rapunzel, or even the "beast" from Beauty and the Beast? It will be interesting to see the reveal.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    What I'm really hoping about the sheriff is that he doesn't end up being bad - given that he was appointed by the EQ. My guesses revolve around Robin Hood (and Sheriff of Nottingham), the huntsman, or even the red riding hood story (either the wolf or the huntsman who cuts them out of the wolf). These are mostly based on statements from the actor that at its core, his fairytale character and his "real" persona are very similar - and also his comments that the woods are his territory. One interesting thought I saw out there that I figured I would throw out here - what if he is Emma's prince charming? Hence the reason Henry doesn't know him - because his part of the story hadn't been written yet.
    Re the bolded, I think that is a huge hint. Just not sure how yet If he is a major character, that seems to point away from the huntsman (though I think that is still a best guess). Also, I don't think he'll be a character who "belongs" to someone else. That would mess up all of fairytale land if Beauty didn't end up with her beast, or Rapunzel didn't get her prince. I definitely agree he's "Emma's prince" but I think that will turn out to be someone we already know from some tale. Honestly, I'm starting to think also that maybe he is something like the Big Bad Wolf. It would certainly explain why the woods are his thing....and why he's working for the queen. But, I also think if that's the case there will be some sort of redemption - through the love of Emma of course. Ahh fairytale romance Maybe the wolf wasn't so bad after all, maybe he was just misunderstood
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I am thinking he might be the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. Even in the fairtytale, he was a talker (and a stalker). Maybe in Storyville he's a werewolf? He could have been the wolf that prevented Emma from leaving town.

And he might have a dual or a nature that is evolving, too. If he's a henchman of the EQ, and the EQ wanted Emma to leave - why did the wolf prevent her from going?

If he's becomong heroic (as in siding with Emma), maybe he could be her version of happily ever after. I could see her with a werewolf.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I think we'll be able to put this to bed fairly quickly re: Graham - Please don't click the spoiler if you don't want to know!

Click to see Spoiler:
    The title for episode 7 is "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter." Snow said this past episode that the huntsman took pity on her and let her go. Graham has said he's used to "pounding the pavement and searching houses" to get the information he needs and then was tracking this past episode and said, "This is my world." We already know he's got a conscience and takes pity on those who are weaker (Henry). Also, after his reaction to Emma's saying she swerved her car so she wouldn't hit the wolf (when he said "a wolf" like yeah, right), I'm betting he's also the woodcutter who saved Red Riding Hood & Granny from the big bad wolf. (See picture)

There are so many twists this series can pull on us - I'm dying to know if Emma's past will come back (she had trouble as a teen but the records are sealed) and who Henry's father is. Will that ruin her happy ending if he comes back? Also, will the miller's daughter make an appearance as a tough chick who'll be able to take down Mr. Gold or is that story null and void because they all already knew his name?

Also re: the other spoiler from yesterday
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm not thrilled that Emilie is going to be in the show. I haven't liked her since she was in Roswell and despite my trying, still couldn't warm up to her in Lost.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I like that CSW!! But it could still
    Click to see Spoiler:
    almost go either way....Wolves hunt after all. Maybe the BBW was just lonely Though that definitely confirms it's one or the other!
    I don't know, these guys are very good at dropping hints and clues...and then twisting them around somehow! I'm still not positive what EQ knows or doesn't know in Storybrooke......
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I like that CSW!! But it could still
    Click to see Spoiler:
    almost go either way....Wolves hunt after all. Maybe the BBW was just lonely Though that definitely confirms it's one or the other!
    I don't know, these guys are very good at dropping hints and clues...and then twisting them around somehow! I'm still not positive what EQ knows or doesn't know in Storybrooke......
    IKWYM - I keep going back and forth re: the Mayor - does she know or doesn't she?!

I found some videos from Comic-Con and Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz were asked if we'd be able to relax and watch the show or would we be kept on our toes. They said there would be some speculation but that it wasn't going to be like Lost (thank God!).

Re: our above speculation - I just found
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a continuation of that Comic-Con discussion where they say that Graham is not the wolf. They say he may be somebody but we'll have to watch... I've got the link but don't think I can post it. If anyone wants to see it, just PM me.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I am enjoying this show, but I am scared that it will go off on too many tangents and lose me like Lost did. Lost caught me, but than it was almost like they were writing it as they went along, and it got me well lost. I hope this show does not just keep casting people and adding tons and tons of stuff and not going overboard.
    They did. The creators have admitted in interviews that after the first season they basically made it up as they went along. That's why things ended being so muddled. So far OUAT has had great writing, so let's hope they don't lazy and mess it up like they did on Lost.

Re: Robin Hood. Various candidates have been put forward, but there's no solid evidence to confirm any of them. Still, though, there's the possibility that he was real, and his stories are firmly grounded in the historical reality of the times, so I don't think of him as a fairy tale character.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

I believe the Sheriff is going to be the Huntsman from the Snow White story and just as he helped save Snow White from the Queen in the tale, he will save/help Emma, her daughter, with the Mayor-Queen in Storybrooke. It would make an interesting juxtaposition and parallel between the fairytale and the real-world tale. This is just speculation on my part. I did read somewhere that the powers that be said that the Sheriff is going to be someone important but they didn't give hints as to who.
    Last edited by CCL; 11-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Re: Robin Hood. Various candidates have been put forward, but there's no solid evidence to confirm any of them. Still, though, there's the possibility that he was real, and his stories are firmly grounded in the historical reality of the times, so I don't think of him as a fairy tale character.
    That's how I feel about it too. IMO, Robin Hood isn't a fairy tale character. I'd be surprised (and a bit disappointed, frankly) if he showed up.

I don't care who the sherriff turns out to be as long as he's on my TV screen A LOT this season! He's totally my type.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I don't care who the sherriff turns out to be as long as he's on my TV screen A LOT this season! He's totally my type.
    And as long as we can keep hearing his accent.

Speaking of which, can't wait for the next epi when Rumpy comes back!

It's funny, because I was just joking with hubby a while ago that to be a proper villain you have to have a British accent. (It seems half the movies in Hollywood have British-accented villains even when the rest of the movie has nothing to do with Britain. "Kung Fu Panda 2" is our favorite example of this phenomenon.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread