+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So finally our first gay character! Even if a fairly minor one.
    I have to say that Robin's life doesn't sound as miserable and lonely as Regina's has been. He apparently had a wife he loved, and a son. So TB's comment that Regina ruined his life as well seems not quite true. I wonder if they will meet up this season, given that they are living in different "worlds". And of course Regina is no longer even as nice as she was back then, so who knows if it would take now.
    Had a binge On Demand viewing before tonight, which helps me keep the people straight! And now I'm caught up.
    I assumed that the man with the lion tattoo was King Richard, the Lionhearted, who Robin Hood defended against the Sherriff of Nottingham. Totally missed it was Robin.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I thought it was about time that they bring "out" the Mulan romance. Think about it . . . . . she was definitely moonie-eyed over someone. If it had been Prince Phillip, she would have had ample opportunity to make a move while Aurora slept. Perhaps not an aggressive move, but at least a subtle one. Aurora seemed clueless to Mulan's affections, but I'll blame that on the giddiness she feels having found out she carrying Phillips child.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I thought it was about time that they bring "out" the Mulan romance. Think about it . . . . . she was definitely moonie-eyed over someone. If it had been Prince Phillip, she would have had ample opportunity to make a move while Aurora slept. Perhaps not an aggressive move, but at least a subtle one. Aurora seemed clueless to Mulan's affections, but I'll blame that on the giddiness she feels having found out she carrying Phillips child.
    I thought it was pretty obvious that Mulan had a thing for Prince Phillip and resented that he found Aurora last season. Her character never gave any indication that she had any feelings for Aurora until now. It seems as if the writers just want to add a little something to the story instead of being true to Mulan's character. That being said it I would say that Mulan is more bisexual than gay as was mentioned in a previous post.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious that Mulan had a thing for Prince Phillip and resented that he found Aurora last season. Her character never gave any indication that she had any feelings for Aurora until now. It seems as if the writers just want to add a little something to the story instead of being true to Mulan's character. That being said it I would say that Mulan is more bisexual than gay as was mentioned in a previous post.

My first thought was that she was running to talk to Phillip, and was devastated to see Aurora's happy face. Since Philllip made it clear that he loved Aurora, then he would be over the moon at having a baby with her. No way that he would ever think of leaving her now. As for making a move on him, I got the impression last season that she was pining in secret because she saw that Phillip couldn't think of any other woman except Aurora.

Babymay

I assumed that the man with the lion tattoo was King Richard, the Lionhearted, who Robin Hood defended against the Sherriff of Nottingham. Totally missed it was Robin.

So did I! That's an interesting observation about Richard. He spent most of his time off fighting wars and neglecting his wife. Thus, they never had children and his brother John was able to become king when Richard died. Because of his clear desire for male companionship, many historians think that Richard might have been gay. Poor Regina. She might have blundered from one lousy marriage to another.

So was Robin talking about Maid Marian when he said "my wife died"? How sad. And if Mulan is gay, is she trying to forget her sorrow by hanging out with all men?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree - while it was obvious that Mulan had a thing for someone - you have to expect the unexpected here. It's what the show does best. It is a MODERN twist on fairy tales.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I feel a bit like the Villiage Idiot.
    I didn't pick up that Mulan was gay. I thought she was just giving Aurora a heads up, as a friend, that she had feelings for Philip, before she told him.
    Even when she joined Robin, I thought she may find her true love there with them.

Either way, I don't really care. I like Mulan & her loyalty & toughness & would like to see her happy either way. It's too bad she has to feel lonely.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I don't think Mulan gay just open to the fact she was attracted to both Phillip and than later Aurora.

Has anyone noticed what great arms "Emma Swan" has?
    Ellen and KrazeeKy07 like this.

I'm not surprised about the Mulan–Aurora thing. I sensed chemistry (at least on the part of Mulan) last season with Mulan's protectiveness of Aurora — not so much between Mulan and Prince Whatshisface. Curious to see where they go with it, and hope that ABC stays bold and doesn't cave to the likes of Don Wildmon and his sycophants.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

There was a mention in a gossip site, or maybe a Huff post sidebar on aol that Mulan is bi-sexual. The headline read - See the bi-sexual Disney Princess. Anyway - I came away with the notion that she was going to bear her heart to Aurora, but when she sensed her news through her excitement, she knew she didn't have a chance and needed to back far, far away. Poor Princess.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread