+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If you connect your VCR through a converter box, you can watch on 1 channel & tape on another. At least on mine I can. My TV is only a year old & is already HD, so it doesn't need a converter. The converter box is set to the channel you want to tape & you watch on the other HD channel that comes direct, not through the box.
    My old bedroom TV needs the converter to watch everything & must tape on the channel watched.
    So if you have a new HD TV, you can do this, if not, you need another TV to watch 2.

I do this with just basic free electric-plug-in-the-wall TV. No pay service at all. I do have a dandy HD antenna.
    Hmm, we don't have an HD TV yet, that'll be interesting. On the other hand we don't have antenae any more--there's no broadcast TV here, only cable.

Back to OUAT---do you think that's the only appearance of Wendy and bros? Just as a brief explanation of how Bae got to Nevernever Land?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Hmm, we don't have an HD TV yet, that'll be interesting. On the other hand we don't have antenae any more--there's no broadcast TV here, only cable.

Back to OUAT---do you think that's the only appearance of Wendy and bros? Just as a brief explanation of how Bae got to Nevernever Land?
    Nope, the last two episodes titles indicate that the back story will continue.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    By the way, was that really Greg's dad he dug up? Any thoughts?

If it wasn't, that opens up another fine kettle of fish! We know Regina kept her victims hearts in her vault, but what did she do with their bodies? We they all turned to ash?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think the bones were his dad's. Why on earth would Regina have wanted to keep him alive? He'd be too much trouble & too dangerous to keep alive. Killing him was her logical choice. The only reason she allowed the boy to escape is that she developed a soft spot for him. If he had been forced to stay, he'd have to have been killed too.

I'm curious as to how all the open ended storylines will be sufficiently wrapped up in just 1 hour next week. There's an awful lot of territory to cover.
    I'm afraid that we're going to have a whole bunch of cliffhangers, not just 1. Kind of like they just run out of time or film & just stop cold wherever they are.

That would make me mad. I want some degree of wrap up. A cliffhanger like last year's is fine, but too many wide open ends is irritating.
    Babbred likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Ethan Embry (Greg) was on a podcast I listened to today that was taped after Sundays show aired, and he says the last ep is VERY fast paced, so we may get a lot of things tied up with pretty little bows. He didnt give any spoiler info tho (darn it!)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

My husband is done with this show. I'm thinking that I should follow his lead. But after the finale...
    (Geez, I'm pathetic...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm pumped about the finale!

Where are you, Sunday?!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If you connect your VCR through a converter box, you can watch on 1 channel & tape on another. At least on mine I can. My TV is only a year old & is already HD, so it doesn't need a converter. The converter box is set to the channel you want to tape & you watch on the other HD channel that comes direct, not through the box.
    My old bedroom TV needs the converter to watch everything & must tape on the channel watched.
    So if you have a new HD TV, you can do this, if not, you need another TV to watch 2.

I do this with just basic free electric-plug-in-the-wall TV. No pay service at all. I do have a dandy HD antenna.
    I know I can re-route the cables to tape on another channel but, like I mentioned, my picture quality suffers A LOT when I do. I'm not willing to do that. I'd rather watch OnDemand or online.

Ellen, I can identify with you and your husband! I'm close to done with this show as well. I just find myself bored with it. Things move too slowly and everyone seems to be reacting to events rather than DOING something. Plus, the constant addition of various fairy tale or just plain Disney characters is starting to feel more gimmicky than organic.....and yes, I realize how silly it sounds to use the word "organic" to describe a show like this!
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think I'm definitely taping the finale, if there's going to be that much action, just so I can catch all of it....

I hear you all on the loss of interest. I'm at least a couple of episodes behind, and I kinda don't care. Sad, since I was so passionate about it last year.
    Florimel likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread