+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Don't you think that Emma hooking up with Hook is a little icky considering he was Bae/Neal's mothers lover?
    Well gee, when you put it that way..... Like I said, one too many soaps. In soap land, they'd be considered practically strangers! Although Hook is certainly easy on the eyes. I don't know, if I were Emma the thought would probably at least cross my mind And of course I'm assuming Neal is still alive....because he just has to be. No way they killed him.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

My daughter's take on that shadow is that it belongs to Peter, but either doesn't like Peter too well or maybe it just wants to be independent. So it does have it's own mind. When Wendy sewed it back onto Peter, it's because it had escaped and Wendy captured it.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re Neal/Bae/Hook/Emma triangle ---first of all, you KNOW when they were roaming around the giants' land that she noticed how hot Hook was--at that point Neal/Bae was not in the picture. 2nd "I'm dating my ex's 'stepdad'"would be nothing on a soap, heck they have I'm sleeping with my ex's (or current's) real dad pretty frequently... or even my ex's kid. And 3rd---the generations are so screwed up in Storybrooke, that nothing seems outlandish--- I mean Emma looks older than her parents to me, and when they are comforting her in a parental way it always looks weird.

All that said, with Emma having just said she loved Neal/Bae and vice versa as he "died" I doubt she's ripe for a romance in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    My daughter's take on that shadow is that it belongs to Peter, but either doesn't like Peter too well or maybe it just wants to be independent. So it does have it's own mind. When Wendy sewed it back onto Peter, it's because it had escaped and Wendy captured it.

In the original book, Peter loses his shadow when Nana attacks him and sinks her teeth into it. Peter manages to get away, but returns later to claim it, and Wendy sews it on for him. The shadow itself is never given a life of its own; in fact, it says that Mrs. Darling tucked it away into a drawer for safekeeping. I think in the movie the shadow had more life, but only in a playful sense. The only malevolent thing in the book/movie is Capt. Hook.

I have to confess, when Tamara and Greg were oh-so-seriously giving their spiel about The Believers wanting to cleanse the earth of evil magic, I just about died laughing. What is this? The friggin' Da Vinci Code? I kept waiting for an albino monk to run up and stab Regina. And just where is the Home Office? The Vatican? Mormon headquarters? The Washington Monument? Or is it a government plot? Are we talking the CIA here or the FBI? I think I hear the X-Files theme in the background.

Speaking of which, do the writers know that the Home Office is a British government agency? Just curious.

I swear, if Tamara and Greg remain past this season, then I'm done with this show. I'm sick of them and I want my show back. I'll just throw on the Season 1 episodes and pretend nothing happened after that...
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

By the way, was that really Greg's dad he dug up? Any thoughts?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I don't watch Survivor or any of those other shows. But, assuming I did, there are those of us out here who don't have DVR and no means of taping shows on other channels we might want to see. The monthly fee for DVR is just ridiculous when you pile it on top of all the other charges and fees and I can't afford it.
    If you, like me, now (as of a year ago or so, thanks to changes in my cable company) are limited to "taping" only what is playing--that is, you can't tape one show and watch another at the same time--one solution is a 2nd cheapo TV--you use one for taping and one for watching. And as was mentioned, if you don't have a VCR, a used VCR is not that expensive--no one wants them anymore. Buy a pack of tapes and you are set. So something to save for--in neither case are you dealing with a continuing extra expense (well, unless your cable company charges you more for 2nd TV).

If it wasn't for OnDemand, I wouldn't watch more than half of the shows I watch. I can only use my VCR to tape something that I'm watching, so that's not helpful and I can't afford DVR. I can route the cables a different way to tape something on another channel, but it really affects the picture quality, so it's not worth it. I use OnDemand and watch whatever else I've missed online.

I'm all caught up with this show but, honestly, I'm not all that invested in it. As much as I wanted David and Mary Margaret to get together, I'll admit I'm pretty bored with them now. They're so bland.

I hate that Ethan Embry is playing a bad guy. I love him so much and I don't like NOT liking his character.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I had two TV's and two VCR's and that covered everything until Comcast went digital and totally disabled my being able to tape a show and watch something else. How Stupid. Did they really think I was making copies of the TV shows and selling them on EBay? I resolved the issue by buying another TV and getting another VCR. But recently I figured out how to use the On Demand feature but the trouble with that not all the shows I watch are On Demand. I even bought a DVR but one that records on DVDs not a harddrive. That sucks because DVD's don't really record that much and you have to keep buying DVDs. The DVRs with harddrives mean that you have to subscribe to a service again money out of your pocket. You really need to know the TV schedules and what you can watch online. Comcast has made it so expensive that I am tempted to go to Hulu or one of those other services to avoid the cost and crappy service that Comcast provides.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If it wasn't for OnDemand, I wouldn't watch more than half of the shows I watch. I can only use my VCR to tape something that I'm watching, so that's not helpful and I can't afford DVR. I can route the cables a different way to tape something on another channel, but it really affects the picture quality, so it's not worth it. I use OnDemand and watch whatever else I've missed online.

I'm all caught up with this show but, honestly, I'm not all that invested in it. As much as I wanted David and Mary Margaret to get together, I'll admit I'm pretty bored with them now. They're so bland.

I hate that Ethan Embry is playing a bad guy. I love him so much and I don't like NOT liking his character.
    If you connect your VCR through a converter box, you can watch on 1 channel & tape on another. At least on mine I can. My TV is only a year old & is already HD, so it doesn't need a converter. The converter box is set to the channel you want to tape & you watch on the other HD channel that comes direct, not through the box.
    My old bedroom TV needs the converter to watch everything & must tape on the channel watched.
    So if you have a new HD TV, you can do this, if not, you need another TV to watch 2.

I do this with just basic free electric-plug-in-the-wall TV. No pay service at all. I do have a dandy HD antenna.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    In the original book, Peter loses his shadow when Nana attacks him and sinks her teeth into it. Peter manages to get away, but returns later to claim it, and Wendy sews it on for him. The shadow itself is never given a life of its own; in fact, it says that Mrs. Darling tucked it away into a drawer for safekeeping. I think in the movie the shadow had more life, but only in a playful sense. The only malevolent thing in the book/movie is Capt. Hook.
    Thanks Babbred! I was pretty positive the original Peter lost his shadow accidentally, but couldn't recall how. Now that you've mentioned it, I recall that's the way it happened in the movie too. I don't think I ever read the book, but somehow Mrs. Darling keeping the shadow tucked away somewhere sounds really familiar. i have this vague memory of Wendy holding up the flat shadow and getting it ready to sew onto Peter's feet. Also, I think the playfulness of the shadow came about more after it was reunited with Peter. But you're right, and that was the perfect word to describe the OUAT shadow - malevolent. I fully expect the OUAT Peter to be much darker than in the movie. I don't anticipate in this case that the shadow is a far cry from the boy....if Peter is even still a "boy."
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread