+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1125Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Still looks like a spaceship to me.
    Ellen likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I liked this episode up until the very end. Call me weird, but I actually felt sorry for Regina, being all helpless like that. This plot idea of "science being superior to magic" just rubs me the wrong way. I thought this show was supposed to be all about magic! I only started watching this show because I thought it would be a cool fantasy show like Harry Potter or LOTR. If I wanted a lecture on science, I'd go back to school.

And that Tamara character...I don't know how to put it. I mean, at least Regina is conflicted and can lay claim to a tad bit of sympathy with the whole Daniel-getting-killed thing. Tamara is just ugh. A b*** with no redeeming or sympathetic aspects to her. If somebody killed her off I wouldn't shed a tear.

And what's up with the whole electroshock thing next week? My first thought was that it reminded me of Wesley in The Princess Bride. Then, on a more sinister note, it reminded me of Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest. That might kind of vaguely tie in (remember when Belle first appeared we said her prison reminded us of OFOTCN). However, I still find it disturbing and well, yuk.

So, to be honest, unless Tamara and her friend are gotten rid of, then I'm not really looking forward to the end of this season. I wish the show would go back to concentrating just on the Storybook characters. There was plenty of fine drama and conflicts there without any intruders.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I do want to find out what happened to the missing father...not that, I'm guessing, Tamara cares about him.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, I do want to find out what happened to the missing father...not that, I'm guessing, Tamara cares about him.
    Cora at least cared about her daughter.

Regina loved and despised her mom and loves Henry.

Tamara is as cold as ice.

Oh, don't tell me she is the Ice Queen.

PS: I don't think Tamara even loves Greg Mendle just loves that he is helping her achieve her goal.
    Babbred likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kinda liked Hook's cross, double cross, it wasn't done with his usual intensity at the beginning but the entire bit was fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Gregor Mendel
    Are they bringing in a historic figure? Why?

Basic Principles of Genetics: Mendel's Genetics

Mendel was a renowned geneticist. If this Greg Mendle is based on the scientist, will he start messing with the beans? I realize I'm way off base, but this show has gone off base a few times as well.
    Florimel and Babbred like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Are they bringing in a historic figure? Why?

Basic Principles of Genetics: Mendel's Genetics

Mendel was a renowned geneticist. If this Greg Mendle is based on the scientist, will he start messing with the beans? I realize I'm way off base, but this show has gone off base a few times as well.

I wondered that myself when the character was first introduced. Not to mention the fact that IRL Mendel was a monk. He'd be better matched with the Mother Superior.

What's next? A character named Al[bert] talking about bending spacetime?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Yes, I mentioned it too when the character first appeared. I couldn't figure out why either. Sorry to say this, but for me the writing has fallen off and I'm not enjoying the show as much as I once did.
    Babbred likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Bad news. I was just reading my upcoming TV listings. Survivor's finale is on at the same time as OUAT's.
    OUAT takes precedence, so I guess I'll be taping the whole darned Survivor finale.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Shark jump.
    Babbred likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread