+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He met the seer on the battlefield before he took the magic dagger and became the dark one. What she saw for him has come true, the last being that the boy would be his downfall. Now, did she mean his boy, Bael, or Bael's son, Henry? I wonder if Gold even knows at this point. It's kind of like when there were two boys of the same age born on July 30th and Voldemort chose to kill Harry and not Neville; yet it was Neville who killed the last container of Voldemort's soul - the snake. I do think Rumple/Gold has the same dilemma.

At this point, that could mean "Pinocchio" (or August, who is a BOY again). And perhaps, if you stretch far enough, it might even mean Owen/Greg, who is out to right the wrong done when he was a BOY.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    You're right. He did say something at Cora's wedding about knowing the future and how ironic her statement was. I'd like to go back to the show where the seer dies and see if she gave him her powers. I can't remember anymore.

If I remember correctly, she did give the power to him . . . although something is niggling in my brain saying that she asked him to take it from her.

Here's the bit about Rumple's last visit with the seer...

Years later, Rumplestiltskin walks into a clearing as the Seer (Shannon Lucio) appears to say that she's been expecting him now that the predictions came true. However he now wants details (and means it by choking her neck), but she says knowing would have done nothing and he was powerless to escape even knowing, since she knew Rumple came to find Baelfire. So she uses the eyes on her hands to tell him how to find Baelfire, and Rumple tells her not to leave out a single detail. The Seer says it will take many years, require a curse, and it would take everything from the Enchanted Forest, but he will neither cast nor break the curse, and that someone else will. Rumple says that the information is not good enough, but she says there is one way to see who it is, so he places his hands on her future seeing eyes that are on her hands, but he can't see anything, saying it's too much. The witch says that in time he will, and after he removes his hands away from her, the seer tells him that she tried to give him the power so that she wouldn't have to have it anymore. Before she dies, the seer tells him that he will be reunited with Baelfire, but in an unexpected way, because the person that will lead him to Baelfire in the future will be an extraordinary young boy who will also be Rumplestiltskin's undoing. After she dies, Rumplestiltskin, now knowing about what will happen next, says "Then I'll just have to kill him."

So Henry is the boy it seems. Nor does he have the power to see the future as she *tried* to give it to him. That's my interpretation of the scene.
    usschmidt likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

Years later, Rumplestiltskin walks into a clearing as the Seer (Shannon Lucio) appears to say that she's been expecting him now that the predictions came true. However he now wants details (and means it by choking her neck), but she says knowing would have done nothing and he was powerless to escape even knowing, since she knew Rumple came to find Baelfire. So she uses the eyes on her hands to tell him how to find Baelfire, and Rumple tells her not to leave out a single detail. The Seer says it will take many years, require a curse, and it would take everything from the Enchanted Forest, but he will neither cast nor break the curse, and that someone else will. Rumple says that the information is not good enough, but she says there is one way to see who it is, so he places his hands on her future seeing eyes that are on her hands, but he can't see anything, saying it's too much. The witch says that in time he will, and after he removes his hands away from her, the seer tells him that she tried to give him the power so that she wouldn't have to have it anymore. Before she dies, the seer tells him that he will be reunited with Baelfire, but in an unexpected way, because the person that will lead him to Baelfire in the future will be an extraordinary young boy who will also be Rumplestiltskin's undoing. After she dies, Rumplestiltskin, now knowing about what will happen next, says "Then I'll just have to kill him."

So Henry is the boy it seems. Nor does he have the power to see the future as she *tried* to give it to him. That's my interpretation of the scene.
    The trouble with a prophecy is the interpretation by the listener. So many times through out history (Greek tragedies) do seers reveal the future and the listener automatically decides to kill the child, baby, son etc.. and the process of attempting to kill that person is what brings about the doom of the person trying to do the killing. The prophecy Rumple heard may simply mean that by knowing Henry and perhaps the process of becoming a loving grandfather will give Rumple the courage not to be afraid anymore and not need magic and therefore not need to be the Dark One any longer and therefore be the undoing of Rumple as the Dark One.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I doubt Rumple will kill Henry. However, with him turning back to being so dark, I wouldn't put it past him to try.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

I'd have to go back and watch it, but I think I remember interpreting the bolded part as him being able to see the future, but he was seeing so much at once that he couldn't make sense of it, and she was saying that in time he will be able to handle the gift and know how to see it better.

I do agree that it seems Henry is the boy she was talking about, but what it means to be "his undoing" is open to a wide variety of interpretations.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Thanks, Mesa, as I had forgotten there was a second visit when he was Rumple.
    mesachick likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I hope Rumple can't see the future. What fun would there be in that?
    Babbred likes this.

I just watched the sneak peeks for this week! (Yes, I love to spoil things for myself!)

Looks like it will be a great episode this Sunday!!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Are we ready for tonight? 15 minutes more to wait here on the east coast!

+ Reply to Thread