+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1092Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    As for Tamara showing up in Storybooke and joining that other guy, I'll let my friend have the last word. You see, she's a great fan of Lost, which I never saw. We both love OUAT, and so we were discussing it the other day. She shook her head sadly. "I'm just afraid this show is going to end up like Lost," she said. "How so?" I asked. "I'm afraid it's going to become hopelessly convoluted and end unsatisfactorily." That about sums it up for me.
    I was one of those fans who was very satisfied in the ending of Lost. But I can see where she's coming from. The plot got very convoluted & there were a lot of characters & storylines that just never got wrapped up. They couldn't. There just weren't enough episodes to handle everything that was left hanging. They would have needed at least another full season & even then I doubt it. All the questions just never got answered, but the big ones, the important ones, did.

I can see OUAT having the same problem. Already there have been storylines that have been left hanging & never mentioned again, the actors/actresses never appearing again. It seems this situation just keeps growing as they keep introducing new people. I'd prefer they concentrate on the core characters & situations.
    The more convoluted it gets & the more characters introduced, the more questions won't be answered.

But the main ones will. This will leave viewers polarized. Some will leave satisfied. The others will keep asking "What ever happened to......." "Why did ......."
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Am I reading too much into it or would we be wise to remember that:

*Tamara told The Dragon (Mulan, anyone?) that she found nothing when she tested his potion using the finest scientific equipment available
    *The Dragon tells her he helps people who cannot be helped by science (he did not say "doctors")
    *the show ends with Tamara kissing a guy who says his name is Greg Mendel (a famous geneticist)

Is that all too obvious?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Well, Gregor Mendel is considered the father of genetics. I remember studying about him in high school biology. I was just waiting to see where this was going, sort of like the Dr. Whale back story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Am I reading too much into it or would we be wise to remember that:

*Tamara told The Dragon (Mulan, anyone?) that she found nothing when she tested his potion using the finest scientific equipment available
    *The Dragon tells her he helps people who cannot be helped by science (he did not say "doctors")
    *the show ends with Tamara kissing a guy who says his name is Greg Mendel (a famous geneticist)

Is that all too obvious?
    Hmm. Interesting. So are you saying that maybe they are out to get rid of all magic to protect science?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought they (or at least he, who knows what her true motivation is) wanted to find his dad. I can see he wants to get rid of the magic that took his dad, but shouldn't he first make sure he doesn't need that magic to find his dad?
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. So are you saying that maybe they are out to get rid of all magic to protect science?

Their plan - or at least HER plan - seems to be more sinister than protecting science. Owen/Greg's actions are more scientific - taking pics & video to document the 'magic' happening in Storybrooke. Tamara is more manipulative.

They were shown together at the end in a passionate embrace, but I doubt that LOVE is her goal. I think she's using him - and his scientific ways - to get whatever-the-heck it is that she wants.

Not sure what August/Pinocchio saw in that pic of her and her Grandmother, but there was SOMETHING there that made him turn that car around in a hurry and risk his little wooden life. There is an absence of people of color in Storybrooke (especially with Mr Glass locked up) so I think we'd remember if we'd seen her (Grandma) before.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

I think he turned around because he had seen that picture in the Dragon's "lair" when the Dragon was alive. Then when he found it in the car, he knew that meant she had gone back there and must have killed him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    I think he turned around because he had seen that picture in the Dragon's "lair" when the Dragon was alive. Then when he found it in the car, he knew that meant she had gone back there and must have killed him.
    I agree with that interpretation. Remember, he saw it when he was using her money to buy his cure and got the guilts (before he went ahead and bought it).

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    That very well could be right now that I think about it. I was thinking he saw something IN the picture. Didn't even think about it being the picture itself. She did say - in the bar - something about it being the only one she had. Ahhhhh yes! Now it makes sense. Thanks!

I guess everyone is aware that they are developing a spin off of this show called Wonderland revolving around Alice?

+ Reply to Thread