+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

In some ways wood August was more attractive (even) than flesh and blood August. Those blue eyes....
    I thought the "Dragon" was going to turn into one and fly away....

Who is Tamara?

We have to wait 3 weeks until the next episode?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Because we didn't have enough characters that are never ever talked about already we need to add a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Because we didn't have enough characters that are never ever talked about already we need to add a few more.
    Of course, hey at least this one can act unlike "Mulan".

Just a comment: Here is Tamara searching the world for magic and yet when she finds it she kills the Dragon and attempts to kill August, what sense does that make? I mean the Dragon had all this knowledge that she just blew away. Does she really think she can duplicate that serum she got by modern methods when modern science doesn't even recognize what it is? That just seems dumb to me and how the heck did she find out about Neal? Follow August?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Of course, hey at least this one can act unlike "Mulan".

Just a comment: Here is Tamara searching the world for magic and yet when she finds it she kills the Dragon and attempts to kill August, what sense does that make? I mean the Dragon had all this knowledge that she just blew away. Does she really think she can duplicate that serum she got by modern methods when modern science doesn't even recognize what it is? That just seems dumb to me and how the heck did she find out about Neal? Follow August?
    I was thinking the same thing, not very bright. And why was it so easy to kill the dragon to begin with. What is that thing she used to kill him with.

And, yes, apparently she did follow August because we see her lurking in the background listening in on August & Neal's conversation. Personally, I think we have enough evil in Storybrook already without bringing in more. I don't see what she adds, except more soap opera. Same with that guy who is looking for his father.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

They did manage to make me care about New Guy. The whole "you stole my father" thing got to me. It made me care.
    But Tamara, nope. I want her gone!!

As to Wood August, those eyes really got to me too. They were so beautiful & sad.
    I want him back as an adult, not a kid, although I'm just glad he came back & was "real".
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Stupid show taking away more eye candy. The new male characters (Neal and Owen) do not measure up.

Edited to add: wait, Tom Ellis is going to be on as Robin Hood? Carry on, show.

Wood-August was all kinds of awesome, however. I just didn't like them turning him into a little kid.

I didn't see Neal's fiancée turning out to be "her." That was interesting.
    There is something about Neal that really appeals to me. Maybe it's his aching heart, from being betrayed by his father and from having to give up Emma.

I'm bummed about losing August too. The little kid isn't August - he's Pinocchio. He doesn't have any of August's memories.

I also was surprised to find out Tamara was "Her." I had even seen speculation that they might be the same person, but I didn't think there was any way. How in the heck did Tamara find both of these links to Storybrooke? Does she have a sixth sense for it? I knew she had to be bad news, though. She was too pleasant when she met Emma. And since this is a fairy tale, it has to have a happy ending (some day), which means Neal and Emma will reunite.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

[QUOTE=CCL;4625585]Stupid show taking away more eye candy. The new male characters (Neal and Owen) do not measure up.

Edited to add: wait, Tom Ellis is going to be on as Robin Hood? Carry on, show.

Wood-August was all kinds of awesome, however. I just didn't like them turning him into a little kid.

I didn't see Neal's fiancée turning out to be "her." That was interesting.[/QUOTE]

To me, that wasn't interesting. Rather lame, really. I couldn't believe a simple taser could defeat any magical being and I guess I'm ticked off that Sonequa Martin-Green was made into a bad guy.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, not very bright. And why was it so easy to kill the dragon to begin with. What is that thing she used to kill him with.
    And, yes, apparently she did follow August because we see her lurking in the background listening in on August & Neal's conversation. Personally, I think we have enough evil in Storybrook already without bringing in more. I don't see what she adds, except more soap opera. Same with that guy who is looking for his father.
    It looked like a taser set to kill... I feel like I'm writing Star Trek dialogue. But I assume it had some kind of anti magic properties...although if she was still searching for magic not sure how she could have that...

So is she just using the guy who lost his father? Or was she brought into this and turned evil by her love for him? I can't remember the names of the new people, I have enough trouble with the regulars....their cast list on imdb must be enormous....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It looked like a taser set to kill... I feel like I'm writing Star Trek dialogue. But I assume it had some kind of anti magic properties...although if she was still searching for magic not sure how she could have that...

So is she just using the guy who lost his father? Or was she brought into this and turned evil by her love for him? I can't remember the names of the new people, I have enough trouble with the regulars....their cast list on imdb must be enormous....

As a Trekkie, I love it! And I thought the same thing. "Gentlemen, set your phasers on stun, er, kill."

Actually, I didn't know whether to LOL or just beat my head over this episode. Where to start?

--Did anybody feel like they were watching The Matrix when August first visited the Dragon? Especially when Tamara came out and said something like "He'll see you now"? I almost expected the Dragon to offer August some cookies.

--Loved the scene where Marco, MM, and Emma were going to find August in the trailer. "YOU KEPT ME FROM SEEING MY CHILD FOR 20 YEARS? Oh, sorry. It's ok." I know it was supposed to show MM's dark side coming out, but for the longest time it left me going, "What the heck?"

--So let me get this straight. Think back to when August first appeared in Storybooke. That intersection...a dark night...he strides towards Emma confidently. "Any place to stay around here?" You mean he was he just faking it all along? That whole sexy bad-boy set-up was nothing more than an attempt to save himself? I feel robbed.

--And speaking of which... leather-jacket-wearing, motorcycle-riding sexy bad boy "Look into my box" August turns...into...a...BOY? Can we hear a collective scream from the women of America? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.

--And no, Neal is not a good substitute. Neal is too nice. Women marry nice men. They fantasize about dark ones like Gold and August!

--I tried to think of a punchline for the "Tamara kills the Dragon" scene, but quite frankly I was speechless.

As for Tamara showing up in Storybooke and joining that other guy, I'll let my friend have the last word. You see, she's a great fan of Lost, which I never saw. We both love OUAT, and so we were discussing it the other day. She shook her head sadly. "I'm just afraid this show is going to end up like Lost," she said. "How so?" I asked. "I'm afraid it's going to become hopelessly convoluted and end unsatisfactorily." That about sums it up for me.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread