+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    here is what I am confused about. So when Storybrook first "fell to earth" it was pretty much like the movie groundhog day with the same things happening everyday, did I understand that correctly? When did that stop happening, when Emma arrived?
    It reminded me of Groundhog Day too! I didn't notice that when we started watching last season. But maybe that was what was happening, and it was a big reason why Regina adopted Henry. He would be something that did change. Maybe this is why others didn't notice Henry changing. They didn't even notice that their day was repeating. It would also explain why they didn't age. And yes, when Emma arrived and decided to stick around for awhile, the clock started keeping time and things started progressing.

I just remembered that one question was answered for me - although maybe others knew already. I wasn't sure if Gold was aware of the curse and their history prior to Emma arriving and him hearing her name. It looked like a lightbulb turned on for him, but I wasn't sure if it was that, or if he was just glad to see Emma finally showed up.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, I know I should know, but on tonignt's show....I recognize the father who was camping out and stumbled into Storybooke when the curse took effect, but I don't know if it is from seeing him earlier on the show (if so, could someone please remind me of where/how?), or if I just recognize the actor. Basically now that we know the interloper is the grown up child who Regina wanted to take, I want to know if his dad is already dead or if he's a Storybooke regular whom I've forgotten.
    Thanks!
    Poor Snow....I hope she can purify her heart in some way.
    If you have been watching Deception, he plays Wyatt, Sophia's lover, who was just released from prison.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, I know I should know, but on tonignt's show....I recognize the father who was camping out and stumbled into Storybooke when the curse took effect, but I don't know if it is from seeing him earlier on the show (if so, could someone please remind me of where/how?), or if I just recognize the actor. Basically now that we know the interloper is the grown up child who Regina wanted to take, I want to know if his dad is already dead or if he's a Storybooke regular whom I've forgotten.
    Thanks!
    Poor Snow....I hope she can purify her heart in some way.
    He played the husband (eventually exhusband) of the oldest daughter on Brothers & Sisters. They had the 2 children. He taught guitar lessons. He's the one who left her & had been fooling around with his previous exwife.

As to Mr Gold & the curse. There's been enough clues that I'm darned near positive that he knew all along about the curse. The only one who remembered, other than Regina. He created the curse in order to get to RealWorld to find Baelfire & the curse-breaker adaptation that Emma would show up on her 28th birthday to break the curse. He was waiting it out 'till then.
    He knew all along, but didn't let on to Regina in order to wait it out peacefully.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 03-18-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

After watching last night, (twice!) I was pleased with what had transpired and what I learned. On furthr reflection, I'm getting more and more frustrated about two things. One huge one is what several have mentioned here - that Mary Margaret's heart is now blackened because of Cora's death. I hope that the writers clarify this on their weekly podcast. So, it seems that in order to stay pure and good, MM should have been willing to let Gold die, Cora become the "Dark One" and jeopardize everyone's life and safety? Call me crazy, but killing in the name of defending self and others is justifide.

The other thing that bugged me, but to a lesser degree, is their behavior towards Regina when she does something good. At this point, can they not get it that working with Regina is safer and smarter than working against her? I know they all have bad history wih her, but each time she does good, like destroy the potion, they walk away (with Henry) seemingly shunning her. Then Regina gets hurt and does something bad once again. If there had been more kindness towards her, Cora wouldn't have been able to convince Regina to join her. As it was, Regina hesitated because she wanted Henry to be proud of her.

I guess I'm expecting too much from tv characters, but I think they should act as reasonable, intelligent people!
    AmyKay and BuckeyeAddict like this.

I haven't watched last night's show yet, but if Mary-Margaret's heart is blackening, I'm guessing it's not because she killed Cora but because she knowingly used dark magic to do it.

I think there's been one other time in the history of the show where she almost did it and Charming stopped her. Remember when Rumpie gave her some enchanted arrows or something that she was going to use to kill Regina, and she was very close to using them when Charming stopped her. Wasn't something said at that time about how using dark magic would have done something to her heart?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I have something that's been puzzling me for a long time, regarding Henry. Supposedly, Mr. Gold left Storybrook to get Henry for Regina, correct? And Henry was raised in Storybrook from a baby. How did he find out Regina wasn't his mother, and how was he able to navigate the world outside Storybrook to be able to find Emma. Oh, I'm sure Mr. Gold had something to do with his learning about Emma, but presumably he wouldn't have been able to jump on a greyhound bus leaving Storybrook. Also, how is it that he was so comfortable in the airport and on the plane - there's no way he could have been as familiar with all of that as he seemed. I would think he would have been as befuddled as Rumple.

When did it become known that no one could leave Storybrook? And presumably Mr. Gold did leave to get baby Henry. If so, why didn't he just leave at that time and go look for Bae? Or did he need to have magic back? It seems like the only thing he needed Magic for was to be able to get out of Storybrook without losing his memory.

Am I missing something obvious?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I have something that's been puzzling me for a long time, regarding Henry. Supposedly, Mr. Gold left Storybrook to get Henry for Regina, correct? And Henry was raised in Storybrook from a baby. How did he find out Regina wasn't his mother, and how was he able to navigate the world outside Storybrook to be able to find Emma. Oh, I'm sure Mr. Gold had something to do with his learning about Emma, but presumably he wouldn't have been able to jump on a greyhound bus leaving Storybrook. Also, how is it that he was so comfortable in the airport and on the plane - there's no way he could have been as familiar with all of that as he seemed. I would think he would have been as befuddled as Rumple.

When did it become known that no one could leave Storybrook? And presumably Mr. Gold did leave to get baby Henry. If so, why didn't he just leave at that time and go look for Bae? Or did he need to have magic back? It seems like the only thing he needed Magic for was to be able to get out of Storybrook without losing his memory.

Am I missing something obvious?
    I've wondered a lot of the same thing. I believe that Mr Gold somehow "got" Henry for Regina, but it has never been specified exactly what that meant. I want to know. The guy couldn't possibly have had any connections in RealWorld to bring him. We need answers!

As to Henry getting around in RealWorld, kids are notoriously fearless. They assume they can handle anything. He'd already done it once, finding Emma, so he probably felt like a pro. I want to know how he found out about Emma & her whereabouts in the first place.
    From what they've shown, people from RealWorld can leave Storybrooke & come back if they know about it. August (Pinnocchio) has done it. Neil (Baelfire) has done it. Emma has done it. New Guy (kid all grown up) did. It makes sense that Henry could too.

Speaking of New Guy. I saw that one coming a mile away. As soon as they showed the father/son arriving in Storybrooke, I figured New Guy was the kid grown up. I wasn't expecting the Dad being taken captive though.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I haven't watched last night's show yet, but if Mary-Margaret's heart is blackening, I'm guessing it's not because she killed Cora but because she knowingly used dark magic to do it.

I think there's been one other time in the history of the show where she almost did it and Charming stopped her. Remember when Rumpie gave her some enchanted arrows or something that she was going to use to kill Regina, and she was very close to using them when Charming stopped her. Wasn't something said at that time about how using dark magic would have done something to her heart?

You beat me to it! That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Snow feels one bit sorry for offing Cora. I think she feels horrible about the way she did it, though. Didn't she even hesitate when Gold first tried to get her to do it? I can't remember, but we know that Snow feels deeply sorry for Regina. Remember a while back, there was that whole episode where Snow kept trying to redeem Regina, even as Charming insisted that the latter be executed? And Regina had showed signs of softening up for Henry's sake. It's only natural that Snow would hate herself for lying to and manipulating Regina after that.

I imagine that Snow would also be torn up because of what's going to happen in the future. By involving Regina, Snow is indirectly responsible for whatever happens to her and her friends because of it. That's why she begged Regina to kill her. She felt sorry for inflicting suffering on Regina, and she's terrified of what Regina is going to do now. She was hoping that maybe Regina would be appeased by Snow's "sacrifice". I think we saw true evil when Regina rejected Snow's offer. Before, you could sympathize with Regina a little bit, because of the whole Daniel affair. Now, though, we have no real reason to sympathize with Regina since she willingly countenanced her mother's evil schemes.

And yes, I remember that scene, Miss Griss. I think it occurred early in the series.

Forgive me, but I am simply not good at remembering details. How did we find out that Ava grew up to be Snow's mother? I missed that part.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    He played the husband (eventually exhusband) of the oldest daughter on Brothers & Sisters. They had the 2 children. He taught guitar lessons. He's the one who left her & had been fooling around with his previous exwife.

As to Mr Gold & the curse. There's been enough clues that I'm darned near positive that he knew all along about the curse. The only one who remembered, other than Regina. He created the curse in order to get to RealWorld to find Baelfire & the curse-breaker adaptation that Emma would show up on her 28th birthday to break the curse. He was waiting it out 'till then.
    He knew all along, but didn't let on to Regina in order to wait it out peacefully.
    Thanks, all! It was Brothers & Sisters that I knew him from. So I guess we don't know his fate yet--as was said, could be in that dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    John Pyper-Ferguson played the father. Imdb does not have him being on the show before. I kept thinking he looked like Bronn from Game of Thrones.
    John Pyper-Ferguson is one of my favorite actors. He first got my attention as the iconic Pete Hutter in The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., which he played to comic perfection. Another great Aussie actor.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread