+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1125Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

It is interesting that Regina and Cora are supposedly using the dagger to be able to get Henry back for Regina (though Cora's motives are suspect) given the prophecy about the boy leading Rumple to Bae and the boy being his "undoing."

I think it might be the real dagger but something will happen with the dagger and Henry that will undo the "Dark One" curse altogether and free Rumpie without him having to die. It will probably leave him with no magic, though.

I was confused by the whole thing about Bae having to go to another place first or he would have been 200 years old? Why? Time doesn't seem to be different in Storybrook/this world than in Fairy Tale Land. Didn't Bae go through the "wormhole" just a little while before Emma when through the wardrobe? Emma grew from a baby to however old she is supposed to be (maybe 30?), so that's how long the curse has been in place. Granted time stood still for the people in Storybrook, but it hasn't been 200 years in this world.

Was there something said somewhere along the line that I missed about how long ago Bae left Fairy Tale Land?

ETA: He does seem to be about the same age as Emma rather than fifteen years older than she is, which is what Bae would be, but still....
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 03-09-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

He went through much earlier when he tried to bring his father back from the dark. Rumple opened a wormhole supposedly for the two of them, but at the last moment backed out and Bae was gone.

Fairytales are centuries old so Fairytale Land characters would have been around since the first tale was told. Once they arrived in Storybrook under the curse, time held still for them, but once they return they may age (may) but it is a different reality and time may move at a snail's pace compared to here.

It is suggested that Bae's wormhole took him first to Never Land, which is where he learned about pirate ships, so he didn't come to earth as Emma did, but much later.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Miss Griss, I was also confused about the timeline. It was only through reading recaps and other articles that I found out that Rumplestiltskin was hundreds of years old, and that Bae left FTL hundreds of years before Emma was born. IMO it just wasn't made very clear in the FTL flashbacks. But sometimes I miss things. Fortunately I now have my daughter watching and she points things out that I miss. My daughter is only 10! Occasionally I have to set her straight too, though.

Even though we've learned that Neal ended up making a pit stop someplace for a few hundred years, I wonder how they're going to explain that. He was leaving FTL for a place with no magic. Did something happen because Rumpy didn't go with him?

I saw somewhere that somebody had taken a screencap of the wanted poster with Neal on it ("Tallahassee" episode). Neal's year of birth was listed as 1977, which I'm sure he selected for whatever falsified documents he would need for getting around in our world. Emma would have been born around 1983 for her to have turned 28 in 2011.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 03-10-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Yes, I think had Bae come here when he first left, he would've aged and passed away long before the curse or Emma ever even came into play!

And don't you no longer age in Neverland? I've never seen Peter Pan, but that's what I've been reading...which explains why Captain Hook is also still so young and fresh looking. So since Bae went to Neverland and stayed for who knows how many years, he was able to stay the age he was for quite some time before making his way to our world.

Just my assumption!

Can't wait for tonight! I often spoil things for myself and have already watched the first however many minutes of the ep that ABC put up...I think it's gonna be good!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Loved this episode and seeing Snow with some edge!

Bae/Rumple scene was sweet...when Bae grabbed his hand...awww!

Loved that Regina got a taste of her own evil medicine! Yeah, Snow was a witch for playing on her how she only ever wanted to be loved, but as far as I'm concerned, she has played so many people in the past, it is sort of deserved!

Sad that for once she got to see Cora smile truly and that she died in her arms, but meh, bye Cora!

Ah, can't wait to see where we go from here! Boy things are gonna get interesting!

Don't mean to post again but I just wanted to throw in that Prince Henry really let himself go, eh?!

Thanks, Arielflies and Buckeye for explaining things. I guess I need a 10-year-old to sort it all out for me.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Don't mean to post again but I just wanted to throw in that Prince Henry really let himself go, eh?!
    Plus he shrunk about a foot too.
    This was one of the better episodes, it was clever on so many levels:
    First the backstory about Rumple & Cora was very interesting & informative.
    Then after Cora tried to get Snow to use the death candle, it all came back around & ended up being her own undoing. Snow finally cracked from her always good & kind demeanor, but it was Cora's own magic that came back on her.
    Then the both irony & just desserts of the end - Cora killed Snow's mother so Regin could be Queen, Regina killed Snow's father, & Snow killed Cora, Regina's mother. Interesting. I guess she & Regina are kind of even now.

Cora was great, but it was time for her to go. The double dose of evil that she & Regina had going on together was a bit much. Something had to break that up.
    And now, Regina has an even bigger grudge.

It ought to be interesting to see what's coming.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 03-11-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The goodbye scene with Belle was touching, but I found it interesting that Rumple had two women who loved him, one who enjoyed the evil in him as it were, and one that brought out the good.
    SpringMaiden27 and Babbred like this.

I loved the episode! I wonder if Regina had just put Cora's heart back in her without it having been cursed, she (Cora) would have given up wanting to be the dark one, and just enjoyed being with her daughter? Probably not in the long run, and I won't miss her. Also, I'm sure they needed something to get Regina back to the evil queen and wanting to kill Snow.

If Snow had not revereted to her goody two shoes and had not listened to her goody two shoes husband, I doubt Regina would ever have known Snow cursed the heart.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread