+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree998Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I'm sad to say I'm losing interest in this show and its story lines. If it weren't for Rumple/Gold, I doubt I'd still be watching. You know how some actors are considered to be show killers? I think of Carlyle as a show extender. He's keeping this one alive for me and he did the same with Stargate: Universe.
    causingchaos and Babbred like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wonder how much "dumbing down" the writers are doing in order to appease the sponsors and their focus groups.
    The writing has been really crappy, from a writer's point of view -- but great, from a marketing-to-the-sheep POV.
    Florimel, Coco46 and Babbred like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I actually started thinking last night, "Gosh, this show is really cheesy." I never felt that way before. I don't know if it's all due to the story line or maybe the fact that it keeps getting interupted so that we only see an episode here and then one three weeks later. Maybe I'm just less caught up in it than I used to be. I can foresee the time when I don't care about watching any more. That's a shame because it had so much promise.

I haven't been following the show, but accidently caught a few minutes last night. I was delighted to see an actress who plays on Downton Abby! The woman was the one attending to the little girl princess and her mother. (She went to get a doctor for the mother.) She plays a cook on DA and is a well loved character.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While I have to agree that last night's episode wasn't a great one, I think it was more of a stepping stone to take us to bigger and better things. So many leads to follow:

*Mr Gold being poisoned
    *Neal (Bae) already knowing Hook
    *Rumple's dagger - was that the REAL one or some replica he planted there
    *Feud between Cora and Eva
    *Snow going over to the "Dark Side"

There is already positive talk from the writers about Season Three so they have time to create more strings to pull and carve out new paths for us to follow.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Totally agree Little...last night was definitely a stepping stone! Not the best, but certainly not the worst.

I think a darker Snow would be interesting...though I'm getting a bit tired of evil always appearing to win!

Used to feel sorry for Regina, but after last nights ep, she deserves what she gets! Though I do think Cora is playing her, but we shall see.

And I always find this show to be really cheesy at times! Guess cheese just doesn't bother me all that much when it comes to fairy tales. The Giant's second episode was totally a big cheese fest!

Can't wait til next week!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 03-04-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I actually thought the Storybook action went back to the core of the first season with explanations about Snow and her mother as well as how Regina became Queen. Now the evil Cora can really come out of the cupboard without explanation. The big suspense is whether the NY crew will be able to get Gold back to Storybook where magic can cure the hook's poison, or will BaeNeal's complication complicate that action.

I enjoyed this past episode, mainly for the backstory.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I feel like the characters are less complex this season. Not necessarily dumbed down but certainly moving toward the stereotypical. I continue to only really be interested in the Neal/Emma/Gold storyline and none of the others at this point.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    While I have to agree that last night's episode wasn't a great one, I think it was more of a stepping stone to take us to bigger and better things. So many leads to follow:

*Mr Gold being poisoned
    *Neal (Bae) already knowing Hook
    *Rumple's dagger - was that the REAL one or some replica he planted there
    *Feud between Cora and Eva
    *Snow going over to the "Dark Side"

There is already positive talk from the writers about Season Three so they have time to create more strings to pull and carve out new paths for us to follow.
    I didn't think about the dagger possibly being a fake one. Interesting... I like that. Mostly because I'm worried about Gold!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I didn't think about the dagger possibly being a fake one. Interesting... I like that. Mostly because I'm worried about Gold!

Me too!

For all intents and purposes, the dagger now belongs to "Mr Gold", but since he has that alter-ego, I am going to say that giving up the location so easily was a very UN-Rumple like thing to do . . . especially after he just said "that dagger has been in my possession for centuries".

Those two pieces just don't fit together.

If he ever needed the dagger in a hurry, how would he ever get to it if he had to climb the clock tower with that wounded ankle of his?

I could be wrong, but I don't think the dagger in Cora's possession is the real one, but I guess we'll find out when the dysfunctional little family gets back to Storybrooke.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread