+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Is it going to be on this Sunday? Opposite the Oscars?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Is it going to be on this Sunday? Opposite the Oscars?
    Not on again until March 3rd.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So mad we have to wait another week for a new episode after such a strong episode!

I've re-watched the episode with Emma's backstory and now knowing he is officially "Nealfire", I picked up on a few more things! Like when Emma has the dream catcher, Nealfire is like so "this gets rid of nightmares? Lets keep it." So it made even more since after hearing about what he sees every night before he goes to sleep.

And if you've seen the Canadian promo for the next ep, Emma makes a reference to moving somewhere in that episode I re-watched and it's definitely a hint of things to come I believe.

I've also been reading that "The Miller's Daughter", which is the episode after "The Queen is Dead", is going to be very good!

And while Mulan and Auora grew not to bother me so much, can I just say I don't miss them and would love for the story to stay in Storybrooke? So much going on there, I don't really want to get distracted, unless of course, it can all be connected, which if you look at Henry, most of the time with this show, everything is!

Okay, I'm done rambling!
    Lizard and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Some interesting news:

'Once Upon A Time' Considering Mad Hatter Spinoff, Recasting Sebastian Stan's Role (REPORT)

The Mad Hatter may have a chance at a happily ever after, but not with Sebastian Stan in the role. According to Deadline, ABC is considering spinning off the popular "Once Upon a Time" character into his own show, but Stan is reportedly unavailable for the potential series commitment, likely due to his roles in Broadway play "Picnic" and the "Captain America" franchise.

Instead, ABC is said to be considering recasting Stan's role. Deadline reports that the network is looking at two possible options for the Hatter project: Filming a short presentation starring the character (with the potential for a 13-episode series commitment should execs like what they see), or reintroducing the recast character for another guest arc later this season on "Once Upon a Time," with an episode filmed as a backdoor pilot. The CW is employing the same strategy for their "Vampire Diaries" spinoff, "The Originals."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Once Upon a Time" creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis are also working on the Mad Hatter project and would be showrunners on both series should Hatter move forward, where it would be in contention for a fall 2013 premiere.

NBC also has an "Alice in Wonderland"-themed pilot in contention this season titled "Wonderland," which would pick up several years after the events of Lewis Carroll's novel, when Alice is the queen of Wonderland.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think part of the Hatter's appeal is the actor...not sure how well this would work.

As a Biggest Loser watcher when I hear the word Wonderland now I hear it as Onederland...the TBL phrase people use when they get back into the 100's.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think part of the Hatter's appeal is the actor...not sure how well this would work.

That's what I was thinking. I'm not averse to a Hatter show, and I'll even give it a try if it gets the green light. However, a big part of the appeal of the character for me is the actor.

I just wish that somebody from ABC worked on Downton Abbey. (A major character on that show was killed off because the actor wanted to leave. Many fans, including me, were upset that he wasn't recast, instead.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just two-and-a-half hours until the next new episode!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Hello? Anyone home? I'm surprised nobody has posted about last night. I hope the popularity of this show hasn't sunk that much.

I am really liking the Manhattan family reunion portion of the current story. The engagement was a surprise! It wouldn't surprise me that Neal had a gf, but engaged? He seemed too down when we first met him. And now we know why he isn't hundreds of years old. Was he hanging out with the Lost Boys? That must be where he got experience with ships. However, I thought he was going to a land with no magic. How did he get to a place where he wouldn't age for a few hundred years? And how did he end up in NY?

I was very disappointed in Snow giving up the dagger. She should know better than to give into terrorist demands. Partly because of what ended up happening! If you deal with evil people, you can't trust that they'll keep their end of the bargain. And now Snow has handed Cora what she needs to have even more power. I think that is a flaw in the writing. Snow wouldn't do that. But I'm sure the writers have a story they want to write, so Cora needed to get the dagger. But why didn't Cora use her magic to wrest it from Snow's hands?
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Hello? Anyone home? I'm surprised nobody has posted about last night. I hope the popularity of this show hasn't sunk that much.

I am really liking the Manhattan family reunion portion of the current story. The engagement was a surprise! It wouldn't surprise me that Neal had a gf, but engaged? He seemed too down when we first met him. And now we know why he isn't hundreds of years old. Was he hanging out with the Lost Boys? That must be where he got experience with ships. However, I thought he was going to a land with no magic. How did he get to a place where he wouldn't age for a few hundred years? And how did he end up in NY?

I was very disappointed in Snow giving up the dagger. She should know better than to give into terrorist demands. Partly because of what ended up happening! If you deal with evil people, you can't trust that they'll keep their end of the bargain. And now Snow has handed Cora what she needs to have even more power. I think that is a flaw in the writing. Snow wouldn't do that. But I'm sure the writers have a story they want to write, so Cora needed to get the dagger. But why didn't Cora use her magic to wrest it from Snow's hands?
    As to why Snow would give up the dagger, the episode backstory was showing her learning compassion, love of others & putting others first. It fits that she would give up the dagger to save her friend even at the risk of Cora not living up to her end of the bargain. Snow has already shown herself to be a bit too trusting.

I figure the reason Cora couldn't use her magic to get the dagger from Snow was that the dagger had stronger magic.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Actually, I think it is something Snow would do, simply because she also spared Regina at one point. I'm just surprised David allowed her to do it (but, then, I'm not that surprised). I like the story line though with her out to kill Cora. I wish her luck - I do NOT like Cora. I would rather they had left Regina as the "evil" queen and not bring Cora back into it. Actually, it would be interesting if Regina realizes that Cora doesn't care about her getting Henry back and turns on her and we would have Regina vs. Cora.

I think there's been speculation about Bae being Peter Pan. Weren't Peter Pan and Hook enemies? That would be an interesting Story line.

So who are they going to kill off? It better not be Rumple, or I will probably be done with this show
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread