+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1152Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Not really "spoiler" info, but I'll put this review-ish info in spoiler format and let you make your own decision on whether to read it or not.

Click to see Spoiler:
    If you follow me on The Twitter (and really, why wouldn’t you want to read my Love it or List It rants?), you know how I feel about this Sunday’s pretty damn pivotal episode, “Manhattan” — IMO, it’s the best hour of the season and one of the strongest since the pilot. And while some of you believe to have the mystery of Rumplestiltskin’s son all figured out, I shall relate a lesson Bae’s dad is about to learn from a sneaky seer: Just because you know what’s going to happen doesn’t mean you know what’s going to happen. I relayed a couple scooplets in Ask Ausiello, but here are more: Hook proves adept at translating treasure maps but less so at fending off witchy women; David and Mary Margaret have a rather hilarious conversation about their family tree and what Thanksgiving dinner might look like this year; a three-month-old mystery is solved; Cora, sporting a modern-day Maine makeover, has a tender talk with Regina; and a grim fate is surprisingly revealed for a major character. Also: There’s some terrific work by both Robert Carlyle and Jennifer Morrison.

If you haven't figured out yet that I am a BIG fan of Robert Carlyle (Rumple/Gold), well I can only guess you skip over my posts! The show likes to make us think we know what's going on . . . and then then turn our worlds upside down and spank us for being gullible. I am soooooooo looking forward to this upcoming episode for the info it MIGHT bring us (you can never tell for sure) if only to know whether or not I have been right in assuming that what looks obvious regarding genetics has all been a ruse. If you click on the spoiler, the bolded part makes sense of what I'm saying while trying not to say it.

Here's the link in case you wonder where I got the write-up: Once Upon a Time, Scandal, SVU Spoilers — Teen Wolf, White Collar - TVLine
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

That's good to hear! I was already looking forward to this episode and now I'm even more anxious!!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Just getting around to watching now.

When Tiny's father was lecturing him about the danger of humans, did anybody else hear the voice of King Triton from The Little Mermaid? Or have an urge to sing "Part of That World"? (When my sister and I were kids, we used to sing the songs from that movie endlessly. )

Loved Emma's line to Hook. "Because you're a pirate who knows which way the wind blows, and right now it's gusting towards us."

As a veteran air traveler, I loved the scene at the airport security. Gold was right. How uncivilized! I do have a question, though. What airport did they fly out of? I have flown in and out of countless airports, and I have never seen a bathroom that wasn't crowded. (And if it's the women's, with a line. )

This is weird watching the same guy play the Prince/James the Jerk. Weird, but good!

Love seeing Regina back to her witchy self. I always preferred her that way.

Carlyle did a great job with Gold/Rumpy in this episode. It vaguely reminded me of Counselor Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generation. There was an episode where she lost her psychic powers and freaked out. It is very moving to see the friends from both episodes trying to help the "disabled" person.

The "what is your name?" scene with Leroy and James/David/Charlie was just hilarious. It sounded like an Abbot and Costello routine.

Who played Tiny's father? He reminds me of a wrestler.

Thought it was funny when James abandoned Jack. No honor among thieves!

Lovely dialogue between Charming and Snow at the end, about going back and staying. I wonder if that will be an issue in the season finale?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by babbred
    As a veteran air traveler, I loved the scene at the airport security. Gold was right. How uncivilized! I do have a question, though. What airport did they fly out of? I have flown in and out of countless airports, and I have never seen a bathroom that wasn't crowded. (And if it's the women's, with a line. )

It was supposed to be Logan. Mr Gold mentions it very early on in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by babbred
    Who played Tiny's father? He reminds me of a wrestler.
    His name is Abraham Benrubi. You might recognize him (as I did) from his time on ER as Jerry

PWS
    FORT Fogey

RIght! I knew I"d seen him before, Jerry! Thanks!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Not really "spoiler" info, but I'll put this review-ish info in spoiler format and let you make your own decision on whether to read it or not.

Click to see Spoiler:
    If you follow me on The Twitter (and really, why wouldn’t you want to read my Love it or List It rants?), you know how I feel about this Sunday’s pretty damn pivotal episode, “Manhattan” — IMO, it’s the best hour of the season and one of the strongest since the pilot. And while some of you believe to have the mystery of Rumplestiltskin’s son all figured out, I shall relate a lesson Bae’s dad is about to learn from a sneaky seer: Just because you know what’s going to happen doesn’t mean you know what’s going to happen. I relayed a couple scooplets in Ask Ausiello, but here are more: Hook proves adept at translating treasure maps but less so at fending off witchy women; David and Mary Margaret have a rather hilarious conversation about their family tree and what Thanksgiving dinner might look like this year; a three-month-old mystery is solved; Cora, sporting a modern-day Maine makeover, has a tender talk with Regina; and a grim fate is surprisingly revealed for a major character. Also: There’s some terrific work by both Robert Carlyle and Jennifer Morrison.

If you haven't figured out yet that I am a BIG fan of Robert Carlyle (Rumple/Gold), well I can only guess you skip over my posts! The show likes to make us think we know what's going on . . . and then then turn our worlds upside down and spank us for being gullible. I am soooooooo looking forward to this upcoming episode for the info it MIGHT bring us (you can never tell for sure) if only to know whether or not I have been right in assuming that what looks obvious regarding genetics has all been a ruse. If you click on the spoiler, the bolded part makes sense of what I'm saying while trying not to say it.

Here's the link in case you wonder where I got the write-up: Once Upon a Time, Scandal, SVU Spoilers — Teen Wolf, White Collar - TVLine
    I'm right there with you on Robert Carlyle.

I found some spoilerish stuff too. Like you, I don't think it's really spoilers - they're more like teasers. But to be on the safe side, I'll put them in a spoiler tag. It's all in here: Once Upon a Time - Once Upon a Time Spoilers: A Shocking End to "Manhattan"
    Click to see Spoiler:

If you care about Rumplestiltskin at all, the first scene will break your heart.
    Answers? Oh, you'll definitely get answers — including some we didn't expect.
    Some powers aren't all they're cracked up to be.
    Someone gets royally screwed over.
    David/Charming and Snow White feature in an excellent scene that provides some much-needed comic relief.
    "I don't want Henry to get hurt. I just want to protect him."
    Someone tells a major lie.
    This show comes from people who worked on Lost, so we guess we shouldn't be surprised by the increasing number of characters with major daddy issues.
    There's always a price, but we never expected the one we learn about in this episode.
    Robert Carlyle gives one of his best, most varied performances to date.

I also read that you do not want to miss the final 30 seconds.

Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

It was supposed to be Logan. Mr Gold mentions it very early on in the episode.

His name is Abraham Benrubi. You might recognize him (as I did) from his time on ER as Jerry
    He was also in Men In Trees, the show with Anne Heche and James Tupper that was set in Alaska.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

More "spoiler" info about the show. After reading all these tidbits, I feel like I do when I've had way too much caffeine! Heart is racing, brain is whirring, breathing too fast . . . I'm gonna be a trainwreck come Sunday!

If you want to read the SPOILERS . . . go here:

‘Once Upon a Time’ Season 2 Spoilers — Rumplestiltskin Finds Bae - TVLine

OMG BuckeyeAddict - those are incredible glimpses! Box of tissues and a bottle of wine. I don't think I can watch without both of those things!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeaddict
    I found some spoilerish stuff too. Like you, I don't think it's really spoilers - they're more like teasers. But to be on the safe side, I'll put them in a spoiler tag. It's all in here: Once Upon a Time - Once Upon a Time Spoilers: A Shocking End to "Manhattan"
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

More "spoiler" info about the show. After reading all these tidbits, I feel like I do when I've had way too much caffeine! Heart is racing, brain is whirring, breathing too fast . . . I'm gonna be a trainwreck come Sunday!

If you want to read the SPOILERS . . . go here:

‘Once Upon a Time’ Season 2 Spoilers — Rumplestiltskin Finds Bae - TVLine

OMG BuckeyeAddict - those are incredible glimpses! Box of tissues and a bottle of wine. I don't think I can watch without both of those things!
    Wow - I'm very anxious for this episode too! I hope I'm not really disappointed in whatever happens at the end. Or, if it's sad, I hope it's not final - that there is still hope for things to turn out well later.

This article has more spoilers (or teasers), but it also has a preview. It might be a commercial that is being aired, and my daughter is telling me it's the preview we saw after the show last week. I don't think so, but her memory is probably better than mine these days! It still gave me chills. Maybe it's because of the things I've read this week.
    'Once Upon a Time' Spoilers: Is It Possible To Change Your Fate?

+ Reply to Thread