+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree997Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I thought I was the only one not into the Frankenstein story. Totally not my thing and I hardly watched at all last night because of that too. Another random "lets pick up an oddball story line" from Halloween and I certainly didn't follow it that closely then. It was like when Aurora's prince all of a sudden reappeared in one of the back stories too I was thinking at that point seriously that's just crazy random.

There have been some good moments with the old characters but they are few and far between for me.
    I really wasn't so much into this episode either. It's only because I never really interested the story of Frankenstein, except for Peter Boyle and Phil Hartman's versions of the monster. And did I miss a point that Henry was trying to make about the story not being a fairytale? What did he say?

Am I the only one who felt a tug of anguish when Belle smashed the cup?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I think the point Henry was trying to make was that if "Frankenstein" wasn't in the book, maybe characters from other stories could come to town as well. That kinda confirms that "Greg" isn't just a Regular Joe, but that he'll end up having a storybook-ish story line.

As for Belle & "Chip" . . . . girl broke my heart! I want her to get out of that bed, walk across the room and pick up the pieces, pricking her finger at some point, which of course will cause her to fall asleep and dream of Mr. Gold.

Hey, pricking your finger works in these kinds of situations.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I noticed that too. Actually hit the back button to make sure I heard her right. Yep, Greg Mendell . . . and in the Frankenstein episode of all things!

My big beef with this episode - aside from the "chipped" cup now being the "smashed to bits" cup is Emma's line of questioning while acting as Sheriff. Did she not think to ask Greg WHY he was coming into town or WHERE he was headed? Seems like the obvious question, giving that the road he was traveling leads straight into Storybrooke!!!
    Does anyone else think that road into Storybrooke is a dead end? Everyone either leaves or enters the same way. You can't be "passing through" Storybrooke apparently--if you are there it is because you meant to be. There are not actually a lot of roads like that...or towns like that...with one road in/out.

We loved season 1. This season barely has me interested. It would have been a much better show if they had just planned all along for it to only have one season. There are way too many characters now. We don't need any more. If they really wanted to do a second season they should have stuck with all the story lines from the first season that still needed resolved and fixed those and then ended like a regular fairy tale and a happy ending. I am already losing a lot of interest and I cannot imagine I would want to see a third season just drawn out even further.

My husband quit watching last season when he realized it was becoming a never-ending story. I should have followed suit.

I don't think I am able to put SPOILER tags around a photo, so I will just say that the role of "Jack" (as in the "Beanstalk") has been cast.

Jack will be played by . . . . .

Click to see Spoiler:
    Cassidy Freeman - if "Cassidy" sounds like a girl's name, that's because it is!

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    We loved season 1. This season barely has me interested. It would have been a much better show if they had just planned all along for it to only have one season. There are way too many characters now. We don't need any more. If they really wanted to do a second season they should have stuck with all the story lines from the first season that still needed resolved and fixed those and then ended like a regular fairy tale and a happy ending. I am already losing a lot of interest and I cannot imagine I would want to see a third season just drawn out even further.

My husband quit watching last season when he realized it was becoming a never-ending story. I should have followed suit.

"Never-ending Story." I like that!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Hmmm...call me crazy, but I'm still way interested!

Granted, I'm no Dr. Whale fan, so this eppy wasn't my fav, but I have a feeling things will start to pick up, especially with the hunt for Bae on the horizon! I'll still be tuning in, well, once it comes back of course!

Also, I do agree, we've met enough new characters for one season! The stranger does intrigue me though!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Being that magic is back, I'm surprised the outsider got cell phone service. Anyway, I agree in a sense that there are too many threads to follow:

Cora's grab for power and revenge
    Outsiders crossing the line
    Captain Hook and his revenge
    Rumpie's obsessive search for Bae
    Belle's amnesia
    Regina's inner angst

All of these were in the last show. I would like for them to narrow it down to one or two per show...please.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm still interested & have no intention of missing a single episode. I agree that it's time to stop introducing new characters & work with what they've got.

I'm just glad Emma & Snow are back from Fairytale Land. I really didn't like that part at all. I enjoy the flashbacks, because they reflect on the current time story, but those segments were nothing but irritating to me.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

The writers said - before the start of the second season - that the two worlds would blend together, so it makes sense that some new characters are introduced.

I'm sticking with the show and don't intend to miss any upcoming episode. I'm in it for the long haul, unless they do something extremely stupid like getting rid of Robert Carlyle!

+ Reply to Thread