+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I think a lot of shows have dynamite first seasons. The writers throw themselves all-in into the stories. Then if it gets renewed, they say: "OK, now what do we do?????" That's why season 2 seems like a letdown. They're struggling & grasping at how to extend the show for multiple seasons.

So far this is still one of my favorite shows. I can still follow the stories & characters.
    I want to know where Pinnochio is too.

Is this only Season 2? Whoops. Got it mixed up with Downton Abbey. I guess it just feels like this show has been running forever...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I want to know where Pinnochio is too.

Right?? He's gone and nobody knows where or why, yet nobody seems a bit concerned. Not even his father. It's so weird.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I actually didn't like the second season of Lost, either! This season has ben up and down but not nearly the must-see tv that it was. I miss seeing Pinnochio and don't care for the Dr Whale/Frankenstein story line.

I think the whole problem with the show is that they have too many irons in the fire. I understood bringing in new characters every week and exploring them last season....they needed to introduce them to us and let us see how they've worked them into the show. Great. But it's season two and they are introducing even more! Captain Hook, I'm fine with, but the giant? Sleeping Beauty? Mulan? Not sure why we still need them since everyone is still stuck in Maine.

I'd rather have the Mad Hatter, Pinocchio, the other dwarfs, etc...than all these new characters.

And Emma's truth meter sucks. I thought that was supposed to be her "thing" but she's fooled at every turn. I'm a terrible liar and I'm pretty sure I could fool her.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought I was the only one not into the Frankenstein story. Totally not my thing and I hardly watched at all last night because of that too. Another random "lets pick up an oddball story line" from Halloween and I certainly didn't follow it that closely then. It was like when Aurora's prince all of a sudden reappeared in one of the back stories too I was thinking at that point seriously that's just crazy random.

There have been some good moments with the old characters but they are few and far between for me.

There are plenty of shows that have terrific first seasons and probably should just ONLY have one season. This show is one of them, Revenge is another. Sometimes, the premise of a show is really only good for 22-ish episodes.
    Ellen and justCoz like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I found it interesting that new guy's name in the real world is Greg Mendell. Austrian scientist Gregor Mendel was the found of the science of genetics -- dominant and recessive genes, et al. Does that simply coincide with Dr. Frankenstein's research or will it integrate more into the story? Like many here, I could have easily done without the whole Frankenstein story, but I did get a kick out of the name.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I noticed that too. Actually hit the back button to make sure I heard her right. Yep, Greg Mendell . . . and in the Frankenstein episode of all things!

My big beef with this episode - aside from the "chipped" cup now being the "smashed to bits" cup is Emma's line of questioning while acting as Sheriff. Did she not think to ask Greg WHY he was coming into town or WHERE he was headed? Seems like the obvious question, giving that the road he was traveling leads straight into Storybrooke!!!
    Arielflies likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    There are plenty of shows that have terrific first seasons and probably should just ONLY have one season. This show is one of them, Revenge is another. Sometimes, the premise of a show is really only good for 22-ish episodes.
    I agree about this being a great 1 season show. I liked the general arc of the first season. Excepting a handful of episodes it was driving forward toward a goal with a storyline. This season it seems awfully scatter shot. No real goal (or a whole lot of goals for all the 100 characters). No real story arc after they got back from fairy tale land. It's just kind of stagnating in it's own chaos.
    Arielflies and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I noticed that too. Actually hit the back button to make sure I heard her right. Yep, Greg Mendell . . . and in the Frankenstein episode of all things!

My big beef with this episode - aside from the "chipped" cup now being the "smashed to bits" cup is Emma's line of questioning while acting as Sheriff. Did she not think to ask Greg WHY he was coming into town or WHERE he was headed? Seems like the obvious question, giving that the road he was traveling leads straight into Storybrooke!!!

Gregor Mendell was a Russian monk who formulated the laws of genetics while breeding his pea plants in the monastery garden. I'm guessing this character is not like that.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but yeah, that does sound pretty silly on Emma's part. For all that she's supposed to be this whip-smart investigator (as presented in the pilot), she hasn't impressed me very much over the course of the series.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread