+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree998Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Looks like we didn't really put the "winter hiatus" behind us completely. "Once Upon A Time Fans" Twitter account is reporting that there will be new episode on the 13th - and then there will be a two week break before the next new episode - scheduled to air on February 3rd.

OnceUponATimeFans ‏@OnceUponAFan
    Bad news #Oncers. Following this Sundays episode, #OUAT will be going on a 2 week break. The show will return on the 3rd February.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm a tad bit disappointed that they brought Archie back but not Graham.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just one more hour to wait here on the East Coast.

Hoping that they will give us just a wee bit of hope that Belle could remember who she is and that she loves Rumple/Gold. It will help me survive the next two weeks when the show isn't on.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

No such hope yet... but he's keeping on trying. Can kind of see Belle's response--he's not the most appealing guy on first glance! Guess he hoped "true love's kiss" would work.

Anyone else bored with the show this season? It seems like half of every episode is a bunch of characters standing around talking and not actually DOING anything. Over and over again. It's just not "must-see" viewing for me any more.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like it. Was that the hall of justice ring on newcomer's phone?.. I hope not. The mentioned OTHER stories that were not theirs. Here we go.
    You can do it!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    No such hope yet... but he's keeping on trying. Can kind of see Belle's response--he's not the most appealing guy on first glance! Guess he hoped "true love's kiss" would work.
    But he's not quite worthy of screaming bloody murder! I didn't get that at all. What about him is so terrifying to her?

It broke my heart that she threw and broke Chip.

I agree somewhat, Critical, that the show isn't quite as exciting as it was last year. I keep hoping it's because they want to drag it out for as long as possible, so they throw a lot of filler shows in between the high points. I think we have a high point coming up, with Gold's search for Bae. Having Emma and Henry tag along either means they also run into Neal, or Neal and Bae are one and the same.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I'm not particularly engaged in this season either. There's a lot of standing around and talking about things and not necessarily a lot of moving forward with interpersonal relationships. Even the back stories just aren't that great and moving things any particular direction. And for me I continue to not pay that much attention because frankly I can't follow storylines that they dredge up after a brief mention months ago. Yay for people who can but for me I can't I have too much else on my mind and in my life to remember some obscure character that showed up one time for a few minutes however long ago. If I have to take notes on a TV show just to follow the story line it just really isn't my thing. This show had some issues with that before but this season it just seems like a lot to me.

And I'm really not that excited by the preview because I didn't particularly care about the giant either. It was interesting as a historical one shot story line but seriously. We have how many characters already floating around story brooke that aren't ever touched and we just keep pouring more in? At this point all I want to see or know about is Gold's search for his son with Emma and i don't really care about any other story line.
    Babbred likes this.

I haven't watched last night's epi yet, which shows how interested I am in this season. I used to watch this show religiously in real-time, or at least that night (gotta get my fill of Phil and "Amazing Race" first ). Now, between the NFL, and Downton Abbey, I'm happy to relegate OUAT to the next day.

The giant's coming back? Seriously? I agree with the above comments. All I want is to see is the issues resolved for the main characters. Emma/Neal/Pinochio (whatever happened to him?). Rumpy/Belle/Bay. Snow/Charming (how they argued about going to back to Fairytale Land). Regina/Henry. I am SO not interested in this "dump every character into the show we can possibly think of for reasons known only to the writers" crud. The first two seasons of this show were really good. I am rapidly losing interest now.
    mesachick likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think a lot of shows have dynamite first seasons. The writers throw themselves all-in into the stories. Then if it gets renewed, they say: "OK, now what do we do?????" That's why season 2 seems like a letdown. They're struggling & grasping at how to extend the show for multiple seasons.

So far this is still one of my favorite shows. I can still follow the stories & characters.
    I want to know where Pinnochio is too.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

+ Reply to Thread