+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

Plus . . . of all the dinner guests, only Henry really knew what Regina did to "save" Emma and Mary Margaret. Gold saw it too, but he also was not invited. The kid has no problem speaking his mind, but this time he happily left her behind without any protest.
    I think that reaction is pretty consistent with being a kid. He was in the moment and excited about Emma's return and spending time with her. For him to have been anywhere but in his own experience and emotions would have been kind of unbelievable. The character is already old beyond his years.
    nanarama likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

Plus . . . of all the dinner guests, only Henry really knew what Regina did to "save" Emma and Mary Margaret. Gold saw it too, but he also was not invited. The kid has no problem speaking his mind, but this time he happily left her behind without any protest.
    BUT Henry had said Regina saved you, she's a hero, or words to that effect, and I think Emma even acknowledged that, maybe a little sceptically. I admit her mom was busy kissing Charming.

I, too, felt tremendously sorry for Regina. Emma later told Gold that she didn't hold it against him that he tried to stop her. And yet she just walked away after hearing Henry say that it was Regina who had saved her. They couldn't have tried to include her? Even if they don't particularly like her, it would have been wiser to stay on her good side.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And frankly it would be better for Henry if his 2 moms got along. After all, Regina DID raise him. Sure, she hasn't been a nice person until recently, but Henry turned out ok.
    Also, the only thing keeping her on the straight and narrow is some hope of "being worthy" of Henry---toss her a few cookies now and then, people, you want her on the straight and narrow, or at least trying to be!

This is fiction, after all. The writers needed a reason for Regina to return to her evil ways, so they wrote her a reason, being left out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know, I forget! And not just fiction, but fairy tale fiction---so Henry was "doomed" to be a pint size hero no matter who his mom was!

I don't really like Henry and I think it's just me because I don't like children who are precocious in my normal real life. Henry strikes me as an incredibly manipulative person too. Just some of his stuff through the season. I think he has a little more of Regina in him that he really wants to admit but justifies it by stating it's for good.
    Ellen and Babbred like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If you are on the west coast and can watch Good Day LA, ROBERT CARLYLE (Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin) will be on the show between 9:15 and 9:30 to talk about CALIFORNIA SOLO (according to the movie's Facebook page)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    This is fiction, after all. The writers needed a reason for Regina to return to her evil ways, so they wrote her a reason, being left out.

I know, but admitting that would take the fun out of discussing this stuff.

I really loved Gold's performance this episode. The whole way he played on Regina's maternal feelings to bring her around to his side...and then hammered those feelings again after Henry walked out. Great to see Gold back in devilish form the way he was last season. And the way Cora kept saying "Because my daughter needs me." Sounds sympathetic, but brother, the look on her face said otherwise. I wonder if, when she arrives in Storybook, she'll learn about Regina's heartbreak and twist that to get Regina on her side? That could make for some great drama.

And yeah, I wondered too, if Hook had let Emma go when he produced the seed. They're trying to make Hook more sympathetic, but this could be interesting. I mean, the whole reason he wants to go to Storybook is to kill Rumpy. What will Emma think about that? Again, that could make for great drama if indeed Emma is starting to have feelings for him. Poor Emma. First Graham and now this. Or will there be some sort of showdown between Hook and Pinochio (can't remember his SB name)? That might be good if Hook fools Emma for a while so she doesn't know whom to believe.

On to the second half of the season!
    Last edited by Babbred; 12-07-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I know, but admitting that would take the fun out of discussing this stuff.
    LOL! So true.

BTW - Pinocchio SB name is August W. Booth (which makes his initials AWB - all wood boy)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread