+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 214 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

CCL

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

They haven't told us exactly. She has made mention of Snow White taking away her greatest love - maybe Snow White's father? Or a baby the Queen lost and she blames Snow? Or maybe some sort of power like the throne?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

In the original story, I always thought that the queen went to the "mirror, mirror, on the wall..." and wanted to know who was the most beautiful of all. One day the mirror replied Snow White (instead of the Queen) and that response set off the rage in the Queen. Could it still be beauty related?

CCL

It could be, but I think there will be more to her hatred on the show.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I need a reminder here... what exactly did Snow White do to the Queen that ruined her life and made the queen need to enact the curse?
    She said Snow took away her biggest love but we don't know what that is (yet). That's supposed to happen in Epi 3 this Sunday - I can't wait!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Just saw this from Once Upon A Time's facebook page -

We asked the magic mirror if we would get picked up for a full season, and he said yes. Thank you all for making his vision a reality!
    So I just went and found this on EW - 'Once Upon a Time,' Tim Allen get full season orders | Inside TV | EW.com

ABC is giving out some happy endings.

Fairy tale drama Once Upon a Time is among three shows which just landed a full-season pickup at the network. The order is a bit unusual since only two episodes have aired, but Once is ranked as the highest-rated new drama of the fall, averaging 12.3 million viewers and a hearty 4.0 rating among adults 18-49. Plus, Once held onto its strong Sunday night premiere rating in Week 2 despite facing increased competition — and that’s very rare.
    I'm so excited!!!
    Minney and JavaJo like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

YAY! for the pick-up!

I thought in the story the EQ was the prince's stepmother - that she gathered more power in the realm by killing his father causing the prince to shun her. Then he finds SnowWhite and the EQ has taken a double hit - the mirror turns on her and there is now the prospect of another heir shutting her out of power completely. Maybe the greatest love she talks about was ruling the realm and Snow took that from her when surviving the apple. I don't know...just adding my 2 cents.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just ordered the original Grimm tales for my Kindle priced at -0- dollars. I haven't peeked yet, but I have a feeling they won't resemble the Disney versions.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have, or used to have, a book that detailed the evolution of fairy tales from the gruesome originals to the more saccharine ones we know today. I can't remember the title, but I'll see if I can find it. It's really quite interesting.
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I need a reminder here... what exactly did Snow White do to the Queen that ruined her life and made the queen need to enact the curse?
    On the show they haven't said yet. Supposedly that story is coming up in the next couple of weeks.
    The EQ keeps saying though, that Snow took away the only thing she (the EQ) ever loved or something very important to her, something along those lines.
    In the fairy tale, she was "fairer" than the queen. Which every body knows is a legitimate reason to kill your stepdaughter.
    Last edited by kerowyn66; 11-05-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Arielflies - thanks for the heads up about Grimm on Kindle for free. I've read all the original Grimm versions, but it's been a long, long time ago. They are much more gruesome than the Disney versions. I started watching last week's ep on Hulu and got interupted right after she took a chain saw to a limb of the apple tree. Was there much more after that? Apparently something about her father's heart.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread