+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1103Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I'm kind of over the story line of the people in fairy tale land the people in storybrook at this point. I can't believe with all that good/bad characters in one place they couldn't find some more localized conflict to work with for a story line but it is what it is.

I really wanted to like last nights episode because I like Red but I found it didn't bring the story anywhere at all. I didn't like those episodes last season either where they just kind of showed up but didn't move anything along. Also there's getting to be a lot of characters to remember for extended times with their story lines which I'm not into either. I don't like having to either keep notes on a show or relearn everything a few episodes down the road because a story is introduced and dropped.

And then really last night I completely and totally checked out with Quinn the werewolf. I know it probably had nothing to do with their choice of names but I read the Sookie Stackhouse books and there will only be one Quinn were-animal in my life and it's that one.

Mulan has never grown on me either. Nor has Hook. And where exactly did Henry's father go this episode? I don't mind him so much because I liked him in True Blood and find his rough around the edges look attractive but poof he was gone all of a sudden.
    Babbred likes this.

I like the Henry/Sleeping Beauty dream twist. I'm curious to see where it's going.
    As for the Ruby/Red story, I liked it because it answered some questions re: her turning into a wolf in Storybrook. Also, it showed her close relationships with Belle, Snow, & David. I liked that.
    cantstopwatchin and Katydyd like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

King George what does he really get so mad at David. mmmmmmmm................. lets see. He needed a son so he took David's twin from him. David's fault. When said twin died he threatened David's mother's life to get David to replace the dead "son". David's fault. David falls in love with Snow, so King George takes away Snow's ability to have kids and kills David's mother. David's fault. Now that the curse is broken, and David had found both Snow, Emma and Henry and then lost Snow and Emma, King George wants to make sure that David never finds Snow and Emma destroys Jefferson's hat and attempts to kill Ruby a family friend. David's fault. mmmm.......I think King George is nuts.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    King George what does he really get so mad at David. mmmmmmmm................. lets see. He needed a son so he took David's twin from him. David's fault. When said twin died he threatened David's mother's life to get David to replace the dead "son". David's fault. David falls in love with Snow, so King George takes away Snow's ability to have kids and kills David's mother. David's fault. Now that the curse is broken, and David had found both Snow, Emma and Henry and then lost Snow and Emma, King George wants to make sure that David never finds Snow and Emma destroys Jefferson's hat and attempts to kill Ruby a family friend. David's fault. mmmm.......I think King George is nuts.
    I wish Ruby would've eaten him! That would've been the best twist ever!

I'm happy to see that things will start to pick up in the next episode! I still love the show, but feel its been slightly dragging...however, I'm pretty sure that starting with the nex episode, that will totally change!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    OK, I'll say it. He is Fugly. What were they thinking? Yuck.
    There are MANY attractive men on OUAT, so I know someone in the personnel department has good taste, but I'm guessing she was out sick the day Emma's love interest was cast. Because 'time' isn't always well explained in these episodes, I am not TOTALLY convinced that he is Henry's bio-dad . . . . wouldn't be surprised at all of there was another twist-turn in there somewhere. If he does turn out to be the sperm donor, we can expect a backstory that involves Fairytaleland.

While I toot my own horn saying I nailed it with the Henry & Aurora dream theory, I'm inclined to say I am moving away from the Henry Is Gold's Grandson Because Emma's Boyfriend Was Bae theory as it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Why is it so unreasonable that an pretty women finds a less than gorgeous man attractive, or vice versa. It happens all the time and makes a show more real when it does happen. One case in point of the top of my head, Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts.
    Ellen and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I thought Emma's boyfriend was plenty attractive in a Mick Jagger non-pretty-boy kind of way. He was supposed to be a sexy thug, and it worked for me.
    Florimel and mesachick like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Why is it so unreasonable that an pretty women finds a less than gorgeous man attractive, or vice versa. It happens all the time and makes a show more real when it does happen. One case in point of the top of my head, Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts.

It's that I felt that there was absolutely no chemistry there. Emma looked ridiculous with glasses trying to look younger. She has such a hard edge on her that the early day scenes very faked and forced. Also Emma and Fugly didn't seem to match intensity wise, chemistry wise. I simply did not believe them as a couple. Also I kept thinking that he was secretly trying to scam her. Now if it had been August and Emma that seemed a better match and no it is not all based on looks.
    Little Sew&Sew and Babbred like this.

What is it with everyone all of a sudden complaining about all the characters on this series. It is just like every other episodic TV series, you see new characters this week, hear their story and next week it is someone else.

I personally love the stories like Red's. It brings a new dimension to the characters that go well beyond the fairytales. Plus, it's good to have back stories on these characters. It brings a lot more substance to the show as a whole. I don't care if it moves the main storyline along or not, as the characters all have some sort of influence on it eventually anyway. This way, we get to understand the reasons behind what certain characters may or may not do. Love it!
    Bjaminsmom and JavaJo like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread