+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

After the first episode, I had to figure out who the actor was who played Neal to determine that he and Hook weren't the same person. Now that I'm more familiar with them, I see a big difference. But at first I thought they looked pretty similar.

I think Hook is hot physically, but his self-centeredness and lack of compassion makes him a LOT less attractive to me. I'll take August any day. And even though Neal is a thief, he is capable of acting selflessly in the name of love, so that makes him more attractive.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

What if...Neal is Peter Pan? Gold as the crocodile, Neal with the clocks and watches. Poor Hook wouldn't know who to look at first? Then, again...Peter Pan could be Bael. Baelfire went through the portal into Neverland and took the mantle of Peter.

I thought I saw a Dream-catcher similar to the one Emma had in Charming's bedroom - when he woke to check on Henry. Oh, wait, he is using her bedroom while she is missing, so, of course it would be there. Duh.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I have no trouble whatsoever telling those 2 apart.
    I didn't find Henry's father all that attractive, but Hook on the other hand downright stunning!

Yes, he's cute, but what makes me melt is his accent. That's why I'm glad I married somebody British. After several years of marriage, I've kind of gotten used to hubby's accent. Sometimes, though, he can still give me goose bumps.
    Florimel and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Yes, he's cute, but what makes me melt is his accent. That's why I'm glad I married somebody British. After several years of marriage, I've kind of gotten used to hubby's accent. Sometimes, though, he can still give me goose bumps.
    Living in the south, I am quite used to hearing men speak with an accent. It is with 100% certainty on my part that I can say hearing a man with a accent originating from the Scotland/Ireland area say "darling" is soooooooooo much more goosebump inducing than hearing a southerner say it!!!

My take on Henry & Aurora having the same dream . . . perhaps it's the way the will finally be able to communicate with each other . . . if they can get past their fears and reach out in the dream. Maybe it's the two of them because Henry is a child and Aurora is child-ish.

As for what was in the box, we can be pretty sure it wasn't the typewriter! Neal didn't seem "surprised" to me, so much as he seemed in awe. Got a little chuckle when August mentioned the many "temptations" there were . . . . Pleasure Island reference from Pinocchio. And we know now who sent the postcard!

Hoping that we will see the Giant again. A friend and I were watching a preview where Hook describes the last remaining Giant as being the meanest of all. I turned to her and said "nah, I bet he's just misunderstood". Since Emma obviously made a deal with him to get a head start on Hook, I'm thinking now I was pretty much exactly right!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Living in the south, I am quite used to hearing men speak with an accent. It is with 100% certainty on my part that I can say hearing a man with a accent originating from the Scotland/Ireland area say "darling" is soooooooooo much more goosebump inducing than hearing a southerner say it!!!

I'm from the South, too, so I totally understand!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Neal is alright to look at for me, Hook is hot, but neither of them compare to sheriff/huntsman for me! Oh my.

Hoping that we will see the Giant again
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Saw an interview with the guy who played the giant (his name is escaping me right now) and he said he has been called back but they haven't filmed it yet.

Also, I wanted to be spoiled a bit (but not too much!! lol ) so I went and looked at descriptions of upcoming episodes. I had thought maybe the dreams would be how they eventually communicate until I saw that David/Charming puts his life on the line to communicate with Emma and Snow. Not so sure now...

Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Jorge Garcia (aka Hurley)

They should at least have him back once more so we know what his "Giant" name is!
    Kocky_Kamikaze and AmyKay like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Jorge Garcia (aka Hurley)

They should at least have him back once more so we know what his "Giant" name is!
    I was a little throw off this week seeing some of my fav actors from other shows making appearances in OUAT. Both "Hurley" from Lost and "Rene" from True Blood. I will say though that there are so many story lines going on that I'm having a hard time keeping it straight between fairytale land and Storybrook.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

I was a bit disappointed in the reveal of Henry's father. I was expecting someone more charismatic, for lack of a better word. It's not that he's unattractive, just not what I was expecting. If he turns out to have some sort of connection to fairytale land I'll be more wowed. Otherwise he's just too ordinary for the extraordinary Storybrooke characters.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I was a bit disappointed in the reveal of Henry's father. I was expecting someone more charismatic, for lack of a better word. It's not that he's unattractive, just not what I was expecting. If he turns out to have some sort of connection to fairytale land I'll be more wowed. Otherwise he's just too ordinary for the extraordinary Storybrooke characters.

I get what you're saying. Everybody else has some cool connection to FTL. I mean, Emma is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming! And yet Henry's father is just a petty thief?

+ Reply to Thread