+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 214 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

From the interaction between Maleficent and the current Evil Queen it seemed like Mal was the reigning EQ before Snow White's nemesis/EQ time. In their conversation about Mal's time with Sleeping Beauty it was definitely referred to as the distant past--in fact, it seemed like quite a bit of time had passed since Maleficent had moved on (found some joy in a pet) and was apparently in semi-retirement from attempted princess homicide.
    So, I guess we could deduce that it is all the same realm but perhaps the fairy tales occurred in 'real' time, that is, mirrors our concept of time progression, etc... If that is the case either this world is very large with multiple kingdoms (and a plethora of available princes) and strange (for most of the fairy tales to be occurring simultaneously) or we should see some characters that are much older, young, dead...the whole shabangabang.

[QUOTE=FireWoman;4392806]
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I thought I could hear Robert Carlyle's accent? Am I misremembering? You can definitely hear Jamie Dornan's (the Sheriff) Irish brogue.[/QUOTE]

yes you can, and makes him that much more sexy!
    I know. That's why I married a British guy.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

I officially hate you Babbred.

I have to look up Malificent as I don't remember the name - she was with Sleeping Beauty?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

yes Maleficent was the one that cursed her to die when she pricked her finger on a spining wheel
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

Thanks FireWoman. Maybe I've never seen the Disney version as the name rings no bells for me and I think that the name was invented for the movie.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I officially hate you Babbred.
    What can I say? Fairy tales can come true (just like Henry said!). I mean, how many British guys would you think there were in Texas? And yet I managed to find one.

I have to look up Malificent as I don't remember the name - she was with Sleeping Beauty?
    Yes, at the beginning of SB she sweeps in to crash the christening of the infant princess. She was ticked off that she hadn't been invited like the good fairies--clearly she had some issues. She put a curse of death on SB, but the Lilac Fairy muted it so that the princess would only fall into an enchanted sleep.

If you can, see the ballet version. The fairy costumes are gorgeous, and so is the dancing. When it comes time to undo the curse, a male dancer hoists the Lilac Fairy over his head to make it look like she's floating. Holy mackerel, imagine hovering six feet in the air and having to act your role as if you really are a fairy...

It's this ballet that also has the famous "rose pointe," where the adult SB pirouhettes four times while balanced on the very top edge of one foot. It's considered one of the most difficult moves in ballet for a female dancer, and it's incredible to watch. I saw it while we lived in Britain, and when the ballerina finished the move the audience applauded.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ramble...
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-31-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Robert Carlyle is another favorite of mine. Before The Full Monty, I saw him in a good British mystery series called Hamish MacBeth. Of course he was also on the short-lived Stargate: Universe.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Robert Carlyle is another favorite of mine. Before The Full Monty, I saw him in a good British mystery series called Hamish MacBeth. Of course he was also on the short-lived Stargate: Universe.
    I thought he was uber-creepy during the first episode but we just started watching Stargate Universe on Netflix (talk about timing, huh) and now I'm having a hard time thinking of him as 'evil' b/c of that. This second episode, I didn't feel that way...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Robert Carlyle on Stargate: Universe was fantastic. He was so conniving, underhanded and vile. He actually would make a great Evil Queen.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I need a reminder here... what exactly did Snow White do to the Queen that ruined her life and made the queen need to enact the curse?

+ Reply to Thread