+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Wow, that was a really informative show! Glad the power held out. Glad Emma was able to tell Hook was a liar.

Victor Von Frankenstein. Really? I am not quite sure what I think of that. Well, if Victor is here were is Tarzan?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I must say again the shows are just packed with story lines and to find out that Rumple had set up Regina using Jefferson, and Victor V.F./Dr. Whale was just wicked and to see the lead in to the Jack and the Beanstalk was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Victor Von Frankenstein. Really? I am not quite sure what I think of that. Well, if Victor is here were is Tarzan?
    I know what I think of it, and Really? pretty much sums it up. I figured that's who it was going to be when he went looking for a heart. The set up was definitely interesting though, and the tie in with Jefferson. I suppose we will be seeing the monster somewhere along the line.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I do think the writers are using the term Fairy Tale character rather loosely. I am wondering when will the zombies show up?

I have to admit, I didn't care for the episode last night. I am disappointed that Dr. Whale is who he is. I was expecting something...more? Someone really important? I don't even know what I was expecting, but this was not it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What is greater than magic? Science!!
    Ellen likes this.

I hated seeing Frankenstein and his monster. Although he does fit as a fictional character, he's one I've never enjoyed.

On the other hand, I am looking forward to the beanstalk, especially since
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jorge Garcia will be playing the giant.

I must say that this show and Revenge have more convoluted and confusing story lines for me than Lost ever did.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was letdown by the reveal of Dr. Whale aka Dr. Frankenstein. It felt like the writers decided last minute that's who he'd be just to tie it in with an episode close to Halloween. And wasn't the mythical Dr. Frankenstein from our "land"? Storybrook, although enchanted, is also part of our land so what land is he trying to get back to? I wonder who his brother is supposed to be. Dracula? The Mummy? The Wolfman?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

When VF was very first referred to as a "wizard" my mind immediately jumped to Oz. But then of course it became clear that wasn't it. But either way, I love that they're using fictional characters from all across the board! They've already established there are different lands, and portals to jump from one to the other. I think what makes it a bit hard to swallow is that they've "disney-fied" the fairytale characters so much, when a character from another genre comes along it's a bit jarring. I think using famous fictional characters in general opens up all kinds of possibilities. I read in an interview recently...and I think someone here may have posted the link (or a link to the link )...that the huntsman was originally set to be Sherlock Holmes. They squashed the idea when they had some sort of issue with licensing. Which is amazing what with all the Sherlocks floating around nowadays, but whatever
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread