+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree998Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    episode 4 - The Crocodile - 10/21/12

About cowardice. I sometimes think they over poke this at Rumple before he became the Dark One. I think it showed remarkable courage to go look for your wife aboard a pirate ship and asking about her whereabouts. I don't think it shows cowardice to refuse to fight when first you are lame and second do not know how to use a sword. It was bullying on the captain's part to even push for a duel and seriously even if Rumple looked like he was winning do you really think the crew wouldn't interfere and help the captain? As for Mila, Rumple's wife, how brave were you to abandon the husband you didn't love, your child and a life you hated. At least Rumple stayed alive to take care of his son. If the captain had killed Rumple in a duel who would have taken care of Baelfire. As an apparent orphan of the town's coward can you imagine what kind of life he would have? He would probably be dead inside of 2 years from abuse, neglect and starvation. Orphans did not do well in the good old days.
    Yes, poor thing. Also amen to everything else you wrote.

Loved the scenes between Rumpy and Hook. I think every person who has ever been bullied must have cheered.

Loved when Gold came begging for help to Charming. Great acting on Carlyle's part.

Less than impressed with Mila's whinging. "Oh my, I just couldn't help falling in love with him, so I had to abandon my husband and child to be with him." Oh, please. Like you said, Bearcata, THAT took a lot of courage. And if you've ever been betrayed by a lover, then you probably secretly enjoyed watching Mila and Hook get their comeuppance. Not that I did, mind you.
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-22-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and nanarama like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Totally agree, Bearcata--while Hook is challenging this peasant type person to a sword fight I'm thinking...if he loses Bae has neither a mom nor a pop, and he'll certainly lose. The brave and responsible thing to do is NOT to fight. And his ex-wife...great mom. Yes, she came home from the bar when her child called for her, but the next day she takes off for good.

Belle-Rumpy/Gold marriage?
    Uhhh, no. Maybe it's just me, but I can't get all excited about a Stockholm-Syndrome romance.
    (I love him...he didn't kill me...my love can change him...oh, please...)
    Yeah, I know it's a TV fairy-tale...
    Miss_Griss, Bjaminsmom and Babbred like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Totally agree, Bearcata--while Hook is challenging this peasant type person to a sword fight I'm thinking...if he loses Bae has neither a mom nor a pop, and he'll certainly lose. The brave and responsible thing to do is NOT to fight. And his ex-wife...great mom. Yes, she came home from the bar when her child called for her, but the next day she takes off for good.

In writing, there's something called the Unintended Hero. That's where you accidentally make your "hero" so unsympathetic that the reader ends up rooting for the villain. I was confused by the end of this episode. Was I supposed to sympathize with Hook? Was he supposed to be some sort of tragic hero-type who was nobly trying to avenge his lover against the evil Rumpy? 'Cause sorry, it didn't work for me. My sympathies are all with Rumpy on this one, and I wish he had finished the job the first time with Hook.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

But a Belle/Rumple&Gold marriage doesn't have to be all sweet and gooey.

Who's to say that Rumple doesn't bring Belle over to the dark side?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    In writing, there's something called the Unintended Hero. That's where you accidentally make your "hero" so unsympathetic that the reader ends up rooting for the villain. I was confused by the end of this episode. Was I supposed to sympathize with Hook? Was he supposed to be some sort of tragic hero-type who was nobly trying to avenge his lover against the evil Rumpy? 'Cause sorry, it didn't work for me. My sympathies are all with Rumpy on this one, and I wish he had finished the job the first time with Hook.
    Since Rumpy is the one who took off his hand - are they saying that Rumpy is Peter Pan? Capt. Hook also made mention of crocodile when referring to Rumpy, so that would make him the croc who ate Hook's hand? I also seem to remember somebody saying tick tock (or did I imagine that)? Interesting twists on the story.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Nope, Rumpy isn't Peter Pan...he's the croc. Loved how they got Mister Smee in! And his hat!

I'm curious how Smee ended up in Storybrook but Cpt. Hook didn't. I wonder how Bae would feel if he knew his father had killed his mother.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I'm curious how Smee ended up in Storybrook but Cpt. Hook didn't.
    That was one of the first things I wondered too.

So many questions!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I'm curious how Smee ended up in Storybrook but Cpt. Hook didn't. I wonder how Bae would feel if he knew his father had killed his mother.
    Smee even brought that up when he was talking to Mr. Gold.

You just know the writers have an awesome storyline for that explanation since they've already approached the subject!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread