+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I just rewatched with the kids and there were definitely heartbeats when Henry walked down the stairs, as in more than one. And since we could see Henry and the top of the stairs, it wasn't Charming walking down behind him. I'm curious who in Storybrooke has lots their heart to Regina...
    I had closed-captioning on because our reception was cutting in and out at times. The closed-captioning said it was heartbeats - if there was any doubt left.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

From what I recall Regina had a bunch of hearts in boxes when she killed the huntsman.

I'm looking forward to the show tonight and Captain Hook's story. I've been listening to the Kitsis/Horowitz podcast linked each week from the ouat fb page and it helps me enjoy the epi's more. I like knowing a little bit of reasoning for things and occasional inside scoop.

has anyone seen the most recent EW mag?? Snow and Charming on the cover and lots of things that have been brought up here were discussed, for example characters that may come into play in the future. HIGHly recommend the read.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

episode 4 - The Crocodile - 10/21/12

Wow, only the fourth episode, it seems like we should be on the 6th or 7th episode. The writers have really have packed the episodes full of story lines so it seems as it has been more then 4 episodes.

I think tonight's episodes was one of the most perfect yet. I liked both story arcs. Well, they were both about Rumple so what was there to dislike. I also like how they are integrating the other characters in Storybrooke. Luv'ed seeing Red sniff out Belle's scent trail. Prince Charming working in the mines was a nice touch.

About cowardice. I sometimes think they over poke this at Rumple before he became the Dark One. I think it showed remarkable courage to go look for your wife aboard a pirate ship and asking about her whereabouts. I don't think it shows cowardice to refuse to fight when first you are lame and second do not know how to use a sword. It was bullying on the captain's part to even push for a duel and seriously even if Rumple looked like he was winning do you really think the crew wouldn't interfere and help the captain? As for Mila, Rumple's wife, how brave were you to abandon the husband you didn't love, your child and a life you hated. At least Rumple stayed alive to take care of his son. If the captain had killed Rumple in a duel who would have taken care of Baelfire. As an apparent orphan of the town's coward can you imagine what kind of life he would have? He would probably be dead inside of 2 years from abuse, neglect and starvation. Orphans did not do well in the good old days.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-22-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It seems that the episodes that center around Rumplestiltskin are just so good. Robert Carlyle is just wonderful. The way he plays the differences & similarities in Rumple & Mr Gold are facinating to watch. Even the voice/speach patterns. The guy is just plain good.

Also, the ogre looked an awful lot like the ogres in Harry Potter, almost identical. Just sayin'.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I read that Robert Carlyle said the voice that he uses for Rumple is not only different from Mr. Gold, but he also changes it up depending on the time and who he is dealing with. Sort of like it evolves as he evolved as the "Dark One." He is one talented actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    It seems that the episodes that center around Rumplestiltskin are just so good. Robert Carlyle is just wonderful. The way he plays the differences & similarities in Rumple & Mr Gold are facinating to watch. Even the voice/speach patterns. The guy is just plain good.

Also, the ogre looked an awful lot like the ogres in Harry Potter, almost identical. Just sayin'.
    Ogres tend to look alike whether they are in Once Upon a Time, Harry Potter, or RPG's.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Ogres tend to look alike whether they are in Once Upon a Time, Harry Potter, or RPG's.
    Speaking of Ogres, did I hear them say they have the ogres guarding the border? Or am I imagining that?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The Rumple centered episodes are my favorites. This one - The Crocodile - is right up there with the finale of season one, just below Skin Deep (which will probably always be my favorite, unless we see Belle in a wedding dress becoming the new Mrs. Gold!)

There was a theory floating around that Mila would return - to Storybrooke - telling Mr. Gold she knows where Bae is. True to form, being the bitch she was to him, she'd withhold the info unless he promised to give up Belle. Hoping this was just the workings of a sick, twisted mind somewhere and that the story line doesn't actually materialize. How cruel could one person possibly be?!
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread