+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree998Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    ...I did notice what somebody called SB's snippiness earlier. I remember thinking as I watched, "Is it just me, or does she not seem very princessy?...
    Well, the actress *did* play the part of Lady Mary, daughter of Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII on The Tudors — evil with a huge chip on her shoulder! Maybe Sarah Bolger is being typecast?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I honestly did not see the wraiths as Harry Potter dementors because wraiths have been part of the fantasy world long before Harry Potter was written. Lord of the Rings is a good, but far from the only, example of that.
    That's true; however, these particular wraiths looked like a low budget knock-off of the dementors from Harry Potter, and also the soul sucking stuff was along the same visual lines as the dementors (whose MO was also to suck souls from their victims). Thought it was a little bizarre as well that they used a "mark" to call the wraiths, and Rumple referring to himself as the Dark One under those circumstances just brought to mind Potter's Dark Lord.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Well, the actress *did* play the part of Lady Mary, daughter of Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII on The Tudors — evil with a huge chip on her shoulder! Maybe Sarah Bolger is being typecast?

Seriously? Cool! Then I guess she's acting very princessy, indeed, just not Disney princessy. It's interesting, because Mary Tudor was briefly married to a Prince Phillip, so maybe Ms. Bolger is being typecast!

Speaking of Tudors, Kate Blanchett (who's played Elizabeth I on more than one occasion) would make also make a great villainess/princess. She would probably give poor Phillip a run for his money.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Seriously? Cool! Then I guess she's acting very princessy, indeed, just not Disney princessy. It's interesting, because Mary Tudor was briefly married to a Prince Phillip, so maybe Ms. Bolger is being typecast!
    That's right — kinda closeted (yeah, right...) gay Prince Philip, with whom she faked a pregnancy in order to continue to hold the throne stolen from Elizabeth!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In thinking back about Wraiths, I'm pretty sure that Stargate: Atlantis also used them during the first few seasons as the main enemy that fed off the life force of humans. They were also a big deal in Dungeons and Dragons, which I played back when it was still a P&P game. I think I'll try to google wraiths and see what else is filed in my memory banks.

Maybe they will use Pocahontas, but I think they should leave that one alone since she was a real person.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Who was the guy in the very beginning in the real world who received the post card from the pigeon?
    I read that Ariel and Aladdin's appearance has been moved back for now.

I think the guy in NY who received the "broken" postcard is either Bael or Henry's dad, or both if that is the path the writers are taking. However, that's just my guess as to who that is. I really don't know for sure.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

There are supposed to be hints as to who the mysterious man is in the way in which his New York apartment is furnished and decorated. I looked and found clues that could point in several directions. Along with the ideas that others have presented, I can see arguments for the white rabbit or the March hare. But, I remain unable to solve for 'X' for now. The show runners have said we'll know by episode 9, I think.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Could the guy in NY be Baelfire??? Let's do a little arithmetic. Children got dragged off to battle at age 14. So Bae was at least 14 when he left Fairytale Land. And we don't know how long before the curse that scene was playing out. But even if it was a very short time, 28 years still passed after the curse happened. So Bae must be at least 42 by now. That guy did not look like he was in his 40s. Michael Raymond-James, who plays him, is not quite 35. Sure, the writers might not have done their arithmetic, but that is a glaring oversight if they did cast a guy in his mid 30s for the guy who should be closer to his mid 40s.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the White Rabbit or March Hare, because of the luck, good or bad, aspect of that opening scene, and the sign that said "Cleaner & Hatters" in his room. The luck part, which admittedly is a bit of a stretch, would be because a rabbit's foot is supposed to be lucky.

I read in an interview with a writer that there is at least one item in the mystery man's room that is directly tied to who he is.
    Items in his room:
    The "Cleaner & Hatters" sign
    Monocles and pocket watches hanging on the wall
    Radios, clocks and cameras
    Desk phone circa 1970s or 80s
    A turntable and vinyl LPs
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    That's right — kinda closeted (yeah, right...) gay Prince Philip, with whom she faked a pregnancy in order to continue to hold the throne stolen from Elizabeth!
    Well, Mary Tudor was Elizabeth's older sister and did have the right to hold the throne before Elizabeth.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I also noticed that mystery man seemed to detour on his way home to get to East 47th Street. There are two things I remember about East 47th; one is that it's the the Diamond district and the second is that it was where Andy Warhol's Factory studio was located.

Neither of these probably have anything at all to do with the story, but that's just the way my mind works, so I think I'll go have a cookie.

+ Reply to Thread