+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1148Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Awesome list, ButterflyFaery. I was wondering who the troll in the Queen's circle could be and then I saw the Billy Goats Gruff in your list. I wonder if he could be from that story?

I'm obsessed too. I haven't been excited about a show in a long time (am not counting Game of Thrones b/c I've read the books). It's driving me insane b/c I have to know how the story ends and we don't!

Here's a little something I found out about Cinderella - am going to put it in spoilers to be safe.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Pearlman also told us that we’ll be seeing another princess very soon: Cinderella. The writers have decided that Cinderella and Snow White will be good friends. And why not? As contemporaries in fairytale literature, there’s no reason these girls wouldn’t know one another: “It’s kind of fun to see how it comes about and what that relationship is like. It plays in a way that…. for viewers who know the classic fairytales, it’s very respectful and kind of a modern day twist on it. For people who don’t know the classic fairytales, it kind of plays on that too. It’s like ‘well, of course Cinderella and Snow White would be friends. Why wouldn’t they be?’. I think it works on both levels.” Lana Parrilla, who plays the Evil Queen, also told us that Rumplestiltskin will be involved in the Cinderella story.
    Minney and Katydyd like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL you got me curious and I went back and watched my Disney movies. Snow has Prince Charming and Sleeping Beauty has Prince Phillip. I think Cinderella's is Phillip also but he has dark hair where as Sleeping Beauty's Prince has light hair.

LOL I haven't been this obsessed with fairy tales since my daughter was 2. I just love the show and all the fairy tale characters.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Who is playing Maleficent?
    Kristin Bauer is the actress. Her most recent work is in True Blood, which I don't watch, so I didn't know her from that. She also had a role in The Secret Life of an American Teenager -- another one I never watched, but I have seen her in guest appearance on shows I did watch, such as Justified and Dirty Sexy Money.

As anticipated, I loved Giancarlo Esposito as the Magic Mirror and the Mayor's private investigator.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

been thinking...last nights show credited an Ogre and Jack killed a Giant didn't he or was it an Ogre in Jack and the Bean Stalk unless that is supposed to be their representation of Shrek..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    been thinking...last nights show credited an Ogre and Jack killed a Giant didn't he or was it an Ogre in Jack and the Bean Stalk unless that is supposed to be their representation of Shrek..lol
    I think technically the bad guy in Jack and the beanstalk is just a giant. Though I think sometimes giant and ogre are used in place of each other. To me, the former D and D player ogre and giant are distinct creatures. lol

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    CCL you got me curious and I went back and watched my Disney movies. Snow has Prince Charming and Sleeping Beauty has Prince Phillip. I think Cinderella's is Phillip also but he has dark hair where as Sleeping Beauty's Prince has light hair.

LOL I haven't been this obsessed with fairy tales since my daughter was 2. I just love the show and all the fairy tale characters.
    Cinderella's is also Prince Charming. Prince Philip was my crush when I was a girl, which is the only reason I know. Now, though, I'll take Flynn Rider over all of them.
    BuckeyeAddict and JavaJo like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post

Got such a kick from seeing Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty!) as Rumpy/Gold and Kristin Bauer as Melificent. Awesome casting!
    You beat me to it! I kept wracking my brains thinking, Where have I seen that face before? Then when I saw Carlyle's name in the credits I put it together. My husband is British, and "Full Monte" is one of his favorite movies. It's ironic, because in the movie, he was haranguing his friends to do something they didn't want to do, and here he was badgering the EQ to do something she didn't want to do.

And now we know that Rumpy brought the infant Henry to EQ, which begs the question: can he leave the town? And yes, I think it's pretty strongly implied that somehow the curse didn't affect him (other than making him loose all that make-up, ha ha).

On a side note: yet another foreign actor (like Simon Bates from "The Mentalist" and Hugh Laurie from "House") who has shed his accent for American tv. I think that's cool.

Don't care for Ginnifer, especially with that godawful haircut, but so far I'm tolerating her. I actually like the evil queen. I am very interested to see where her backstory leads. Who knows? we may end up feeling some empathy for her!
    I don't like her, per se, but so far I find EQ to be the most fascinating character since they've expanded on her the most. I actually felt sympathy for her until she killed her father. I also agree with whoever said that it seemed like Maleficent should have been nastier. She certainly was in "Sleeping Beauty."
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

I thought I could hear Robert Carlyle's accent? Am I misremembering? You can definitely hear Jamie Dornan's (the Sheriff) Irish brogue.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

[QUOTE=CCL;4392788]I thought I could hear Robert Carlyle's accent? Am I misremembering? You can definitely hear Jamie Dornan's (the Sheriff) Irish brogue.[/QUOTE]

yes you can, and makes him that much more sexy!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

^ I know! I keep wondering why Keira Knightley ever split up with him.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread