+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1125Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    There is an Ariel and there will be an Aladdin. Captain Hook will appear as an old love interest of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Regina's

Who was the guy in the very beginning in the real world who received the post card from the pigeon?
    I just rewatched the scene with the mystery guy, looking for clues. Hopefully some of the other more astute posters on this forum can figure it out!

In the very first scene, we see a close-up of a decorative horseshoe (symbolic for luck) on a horse's bridle. Then we see the mystery guy. The background music, which is being listened to by mystery guy on an MP3 player of some sort is, "Charley's Girl" by Lou Reed. One of the lines is "And me, you know that I thought I lucked out."** The guy also seems to be a little down on his luck too. Can anyone think of any fairy tale story of a guy with good or bad luck, and/or is named Charley/Charlie? One other thing to note - the girl in Charley's girl sounds like it could fit Emma. One line is "Watch out for Charley's girl, You know she'll turn you in." Maybe the mystery guy is Henry's father?

** "lucked out" is according to my closed captioning. Some other lyrics sites think it's "looked out," but to me that does not make sense with the rest of the lyrics, whereas "lucked out" does. I was able to find lyrics sites that also think it's "lucked out."
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

CCL

He had a sign on his room wall that said Hatters & Cleaners (reference to the Mad Hatter, I would think).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

With all the Mulan discussion here, I googled Mulan & found out she isn't a Disney creation.
    There's a legendary Chinese heroine named Hua Mulan who disguised herself as a man to serve in the military in her father's place. The story is different in the details, but there she is.

I didn't like her being placed in the Sleeping Beauty story either. Especially as a love rival for Princess Aurora. If they were going to put her on the show, she deserved better than that, & so did Sleeping Beauty.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    With all the Mulan discussion here, I googled Mulan & found out she isn't a Disney creation.
    There's a legendary Chinese heroine named Hua Mulan who disguised herself as a man to serve in the military in her father's place. The story is different in the details, but there she is.

I didn't like her being placed in the Sleeping Beauty story either. Especially as a love rival for Princess Aurora. If they were going to put her on the show, she deserved better than that, & so did Sleeping Beauty.

She wasn't an original Disney creation, no, and Disney never claimed that she was. Instead, she was a part of their effort to broaden their appeal to foreign markets. Instead, it backfired. The Chinese were not amused to see their national heroine, roughly equivalent to Joan of Arc for the West, turned into a typical Disney princess. Unfortunately, the film made a ton of money in the US, so ask anyone under the age of 20 who Mulan is and they'll reply "The Disney princess." That's why we were rolling our eyes and laughing.
    Ellen likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I HATE HATE HATE the Disney crap. Mulan? Really? (Luckily, Vanessa Williams is too old to pull off Pocohantas, and is busy with 666 Park Avenue.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I HATE HATE HATE the Disney crap. Mulan? Really? (Luckily, Vanessa Williams is too old to pull off Pocohantas, and is busy with 666 Park Avenue.)
    I too would prefer that the writers pull from Grimm's Fairy Tales or Hans Christian Andersen (for the Mermaid) instead of the Disneyfied versions.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I too would prefer that the writers pull from Grimm's Fairy Tales or Hans Christian Andersen (for the Mermaid) instead of the Disneyfied versions.

I hate to say it but Belle and Sleeping Beauty look a lot alike. It's sad with all the actress out there they can't do better casting. Emma, Regina and Snow are all beautiful in their own right but they are not clones of each other but it looks as if the multitude of princesses might be.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-02-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    Ellen likes this.

Oh, I remember now that Snow was talking about Dr. Whale as her one night stand. Dr. Whale? Please don't say he really is a whale as in who ate Pinocchio?

What is with Josh Dallas who plays Prince Charming and the color of his lips? They are pale and then it looks as if he is wearing lip gloss. BTW he played Fandral in the original Thor movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Just picturing how they would fit in Sebastien. Maybe a nice guy who runs a fresh seafood store? And I nearly spit out my drink laughing as I pictured Vanessa Williams trying to squeeze into the show as Pocahontas. You're right; if they do bring that character in, it will be a younger woman. However, part of me still wishes they could find a character for Williams, because she can do a great villain. Are there any more EQ's left?

I hate to say it but Belle and Sleeping Beauty look a lot alike. It's sad with all the actress out there they can't do better casting. Emma, Regina and Snow are all beautiful in their own right but they are not clones of each other but it looks as if the multitude of princesses might be.

I didn't notice that, but I did notice what somebody called SB's snippiness earlier. I remember thinking as I watched, "Is it just me, or does she not seem very princessy? Geesh, Phillip must be a dunce for putting up with her. If I were Mulan I would ditch both of them to the wraith and go find somebody better." Also, I found it a tad bit silly that this brave warrior who fought alongside Mulan many times ended up out of action so quickly. If the whole point was to set up some sparring between SB and Mulan, then this is going to be a long season....
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread